1900 grafts with Dr. Luis Nader!

memzinla

Wow, that's amazing. I did Aloe and a scar creme he recommended and I'm still a little pink. You just have good genes that way.

The Nizoral is an anti fungal and is prescribed typically for dandruff. Same thing as fin, if you have sides or it bothers you just stop. I don't think it will hurt your follicles, may just sting a little.

At this point you can wash normally. I was gentle with my finger tips, and Dr. Nader was firm on not manipulating the scalp, but massaging gently will be fine. They aren't going anywhere at day 12!

Also, this is covered widely but be prepared for some shedding from both rogaine and fin. It's documented and no big deal, but some guys get discouraged from that. I think its over after 3-4 months or something

Thank you for your words and tips! :)

I don’t know why I’m more nervous about rogaine than Finasteride! Well I’m neevius for both the. I’m wondering if I should start off with 0.5mg if Finasteride and then maybe also incorporate Rogaine. I already bought Rogaine, and it’s just sitting in my closet.

Looking at the length of your eyelashes I would say your hair characteristics are probably pretty damned good and you heal like that dude Wolverine in the movies - nice!

As long as you are okay with the transplanted density (you could always get a bit more density in the new 'zone' you have implanted into if you want later) - this will be an excellent result.

Does Nader have a tech examine each follicle under a microscope before implantation to truly know if

a) any grafts are transected?

b) each extracted follicular unit is a 1 haired graft/2 haired and ONLY put 1 haired grafts at your very frontal - NEWLY created hairline?

ForHims offers 1mg Fin.

Thank you jksrader! I haven’t thought about a second session yet. Dr. Nader had recommended 1500 grafts, and in the end it was 1900. He didn’t want to do too many in case I went bald in the future, and I agreed. I want to save some for the crown if I end up losing hair there. Dr. Nader and 4 nurses examine the follicles. I kept hearing them say 1, 2, and 3. Nader told me he did place all the 1 haired grafts at the very front for a natural look.

Day 14

I think I started shedding. I'm not sure though! In person I can't tell, but in pictures it looks like I have less. I took the pictures with my new camera. It's so weird! You can really see a lot of details, and it looks a little nasty. haha

P1110226.jpg

P1110227.jpg

Screen_Shot_2018-01-11_at_5.18.12_PM.png

With a low quality camera it looks good. lol

IMG_9612.jpg

IMG_9609.jpg

Edited by memzinla

Hey memzinla,

The work looks very good, the only thing that sucks is after all the hairs shed it’s a long process. I’m at alittle over 5 months and and I still need a little more density to be satisfied completely and I am starting to see a lot of hairs breaking through the skin so I’m sure I still have another month or 2 til I get there.

Good luck and welcome to the Nader club!

The shed looks like it' starting. Hang in there, it's a long, slow road.... This is going to be a great result. I'm looking forward to seeing updates.

You've healed at a really fast rate. There is very little redness, even after only 2 weeks.

That's what I'm nervous/scared about! The shedding. Has there been cases where not many of the transplanted hairs fall?

The redness seems to have blended in with some areas! :) I can still see the outline of the new hairs in the center.

Have you posted recent pics AWidowsPeek? I would like to see :)

I'm going to try out finasterade from http://www.forhims.com. Anyone take that? I'm still unsure if I should try Rogaine. I just want my hair to become thick.

Finasteride is over the counter ? I thought only a doctor could prescribe it ?

I got a haircut yesterday. I asked what was recommended where the top wouldn't be touched at all. The barber recommended a taper where they only fade the back and sides at the very bottom.

IMG_9666-1.jpg

Here's a before and after!

HTBefore_After.jpg

Edited by memzinla

Day 24:

I notice the hairs fall when I wash my hair. I've also noticed I have new hairs that are growing already! They are tiny, and feel strong. I ordered a kit from Hims with Finasteride, and the gummies with biotin and other vitamins. I haven't taken Finasteride yet. I'm undecided on that.

IMG_9879.jpg

IMG_9880.jpg

IMG_9872.png

Awesome dude. And that haircut works perfectly for you. Hold on to that barber for sure.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, he's a good barber!

I'm already on week 5 or day 39.

My hairline looked so good at week 3 before the shedding. When I shower I notice more, and more hairs fall. I started taking Finasteride one week ago.

Pics:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

It's interesting, there are some hairs that are pretty long.

Yeah, he's a good barber!

I'm already on week 5 or day 39.

My hairline looked so good at week 3 before the shedding. When I shower I notice more, and more hairs fall. I started taking Finasteride one week ago.

Pics:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

It's interesting, there are some hairs that are pretty long.

First off

Congratz on your hairtransplant :)

Second, see This picture i attached

It shows your scalp is normal scin color some placed and other places you have alot of white stuff on the scalp like wet dandruff.

Zoom in on the picture to see it.

I have the same problem myself.

I noticed that its Also present where you dont had grafts placed

Is it something you notice?

Does it make your scalp shiny in different light?

And does it make your scalp itch?

4A31789B-0966-4F9E-830D-1A435160429E.jpg.b481660c2167d5e04a39bac7b6eac2a5.jpg

Thanks!

I actually did have A LOT of dandruff! I told Dr. Nader, and he recommended I use Nizoral shampoo twice a week. I haven't used it yet, and I felt like it started going away. I checked again, and still have dandruff. Not as much, but I do.

I don't think my scalp looks shiny. I think it looks regular.

Thanks!

I actually did have A LOT of dandruff! I told Dr. Nader, and he recommended I use Nizoral shampoo twice a week. I haven't used it yet, and I felt like it started going away. I checked again, and still have dandruff. Not as much, but I do.

I don't think my scalp looks shiny. I think it looks regular.

Cool :)

when you shampoo your hair next time and wash it out.

Try to scrabe your nail on your scalp while your scalp is still wet/damped and notice if there is white gunk under you nails

I have alot of that, and my scalp looks like you scalp in those pictures you posted.

Hey I'm having trouble getting a reply from DR. Nader any suggestions? I tried calling his phone and his staff keep repeating the same thing :(

Thank you

What I did was state that I was sure I wanted the procedure done with Dr. Nader. That helped!

Cool :)

when you shampoo your hair next time and wash it out.

Try to scrabe your nail on your scalp while your scalp is still wet/damped and notice if there is white gunk under you nails

I have alot of that, and my scalp looks like you scalp in those pictures you posted.

I tried that two weeks ago, and I did! I had a LOT. Two days ago after seeing your post I became very very itchy. haha. I had A LOT of dandruff. I kept using a brush until most of it fell. An area became irritated. :/ I did notice I have new hairs that are growing, and some look thick!

Here are some pics from yesterday and two days ago.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0270-1.jpg