1900 grafts with Dr. Luis Nader!

memzinla

I can’t believe the day finally arrived!! I sent an email to Dr. Luis Nader in March 2017. I tried again in the summer stating I was sure I wanted my HT with him. I received a response and scheduled my procedure for December 28, 2017 (today)!!

I flew in from Los Angeles and I’m currently staying in McAllen, TX recovering. :)

I received an email from Brenda two days previous to my date. She asked me for my number, and told me Mr. Santos was going to pick me up at the hotel at 7:45am. I couldn’t sleep all night long! I kept waking up, and I believe I only slept 3 hours. I ate breakfast, and was told Mr. Santos was already waiting for me at 7:25am! I rushed to my room to grab my belongings. The drive to the place was very short! Dr. Nader was already there.

He greeted me, and made me feel welcomed. He asked me about myself, and how what I do. We then started talking about baldness in my family, who I look like more, etc. I told him I feel like I look like more like my mom, and from my mom’s side everyone has a lot of hair. My dad is bald, and some of my uncles are starting to become bald. He said I could probably loose hair in the future, but that I might be good if I look more like my mom.

We then started to talk about the hairline I wanted. I didn’t show him any pictures, and there was one picture I had in mind. I told him I didn’t want the widows peaks, and he started to draw a hairline that would be best for my face. I told him I didn’t want a high widows peaks, and there was some modifications. We both agreed after about an hour an 20 minutes. He reallly understands, and really considers your comments. He started to prep me to begin with the HT, and started telling me more about after care, propecia, rogaine, etc.

23mjv9g.jpg

He asked me if I wanted to chop all my hair off, or keep some of it. I decided to cut all of it so that it wouldn’t look weird. I’ve never had it this short, and I feel weird! At first he had estimated I would need 1500 grafts, and in the end I received 1900 grafts. I changed, and I went to one room where he started to numb the back of my head. He uses a device that sort of massages your head, and then you feel the needle! I felt small pain with the needle in some areas of my head, not all of it. After that, he started to punch the holes. I would say this part last about two hours. During this time they started to play music on heir speaker. I mostly listen to Spanish pop music, and I knew every single song!! I loved it!! I felt too embarrassed to sing though, and they were also very quiet counting the grafts. They were very careful.

After that we all had a break, and I ate the tacos! They were good. :) After the meal, Dr Nader told me to take two pills and we were ready for the next part!

10yl76e.jpg

I believe Dr. Nader started to prep me for the next phase around 12:40pm. I tried not to look at the time, and watched Las Estrellas the entire time. He used the same device for the front of my head. It felt like a massage, and then I felt the needle. After that he injected me with more anesthesia. He started inserting the grafts to the front of my head/forehead. This last part seemed like the slowest to me. It ended around 4:35pm, and then Dr. Nader told the nurses to clean up, while he printed the instructions for after care.

zvpezp.jpg

Dr. Nader didn’t mention payment at all until I brought it up. I felt embarrassed knowing he had done all the procedure without me paying first. I felt so comfortable with him, and can tell he really loves his job. He does all the work with the nurses! I would really recommend Dr. Nader to anyone that is thinking of doing a hair transplant. :)

I really liked the experience. I can’t sleep! I’ve been taking the meds, and spraying the area to keep it hydrated.

I just arrived at the hotel from Dr. Nader 6 hours ago, so I don’t have many pics.

Here’s another pic though. :)

u0bb6.jpg

Memzinla,

Thanks for sharing your experience and initial postoperative photos with Dr. Nader on our forum. I haven't seen too much of his work overall, but it does seem lately that several of his patients have been posting here. I'd like to see more of his work. I hope you continue posting each month so we can follow your progress.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello!! I’ll gladly keep on updating my post. I’m still in McAllen, TX. I fly back to Los ?ngeles tomorrow night. I’ll wash my hair for the first time tomorrow after the HT. I wish I had a digital camera to post better pictures. Right now I only have my cellphone.

I haven’t removed the gauze and I haven’t really seen how the back looks. This morning when I woke up, I noticed the gauze moved! I can see some of the holes, they look so small!! Hopefully they all look like that.

2psk7zk.jpg

I tried to get a closer pic, but I don’t know if it helps.

28upkwg.jpg

I’ve been very careful about after care. :) I’m a little scared I’ll do something wrong. It all seems like it’s going perfect!! The back doesn’t look bad at all. I’m very surprised for day two!

Day 2:

As indicated in the instructions, I removed the brown band and washed my hair.

9j3e49.jpg

wtpoo.jpg

fvvqh.jpg

I’m happy so far :)

Congratulations man. Perfect end to 2017. :) Looking forward to seeing your progress - and remember to stay patient and keep those timeline expectations relatively low.

Also make sure to keep your scalp out of the LA sun for the first 6 months.

Happy growing!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I’m alrwady happy with how the back looks. Lol. I thought it would still bad!

I can’t wait to see results! I think I’ll just be waiting for my old hair to grow back. It wasn’t too bad, but for sure can’t wait to see the new hair!! I know it’s a long process. I’m excited. :) I am nervous about the LA sun! I don’t really wear hats. :o

Is that you on your avatar?? You look great!!

Thank you very much!! :) I'm still very happy with my procedure, and my back is healing very fast I think. :/ I can barely tell I had anything in the back!!

4j8evt.jpg

On this pic I just noticed some grafts that have two hairs :o haha

9h6fc4.jpg

Edited by memzinla

Thank you!! :) I do think I heal fast!! I've had other procedures, and was up and running ASAP! haha.

I think I want to start using Rogaine to thicken up the hair from the crown. I asked Dr. Nader, and he said I should wait another week until I start using it. I'm so excited, and very glad I went with Nader. :)

It looks really nice memzinla! I am sure you will be happy with the results. I can't believe how fast you've healed. It's amazing. Just be patient for the growth...

Edited by Cid

Thank you Cid! :)

I've been using gel from the actual aloe vera plant! :) It's so interesting, some hairs are starting to look thick compared to others. I have a small patch that seems to be thicker compared to the rest.

Day 11 pics

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9541.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

Your progress has been impressive, especially the redness fading so fast. Definitely consider finesteride with the rogaine. If you have the side effects you can stop, but blocking that DHT is critical.

Also look into prescription strength Nizoral shampoo (Generic costs me 10 bucks a bottle). I use that about 2-3 times per week, it has DHT blocking effects (as I understand it).

Any progressive doctor out there should have no issue prescribing both for you. And that's maybe the only downside of using Dr. Nader or anyone else out of the country - getting scripts.

Of course I'm sure you agree with me that for the level of care we received it's a small price to pay!

I think aloe vera has been helping. :)

I actually just got a prescription from https://www.forhims.com. I'm just waiting for them to ship. If you use the code kit5 for finasteride and the gummies it's 5 dollars for the first month.

I was wondering about the shampoo, and I'm confused. I've read mixed comments about using Nizoral, and that it harms your head. :/ I still haven't washed my hair directly under the shower. I'm scared. When is it safe to shower like before?

I'm so happy I went with Dr. Nader. If I need a second session I'll go with him for sure!

Day 12 pic:

IMG_9564.jpg

I bought a camera to take better and closer pictures. Still waiting for it to arrive.