Ahead Ink: PRISON BREAK SMP!!!

A client recently visited Ahead Ink from Canada with his wife. She only spoke French, but when asked what she wanted her husband's new hairline to look like she exclaimed in perfect English, "Prison Break!" (referring to the lead characters of the TV show). Needless to say she was quite pleased with the results.

**Result is shown immediately after 3 passes. The white line is from a topical vasoconstrictor which will disappear shortly after the procedure.

Thanks for looking!

wissdown_B_a_FINALBLUR.jpg

wissb_afront_FINALBLUR.jpg

wisb_aleft_FINALBLUR.jpg

wissemcrown_B_AFINAL.jpg

wisdownafter2_BLUR.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Nice work man, looks really natural.

What is the maintenance time like for the SMP? (with temporary ink).

Will the patient have to travel down for future touchups?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks HSRP10!

The pigment/system I use is designed to fade and disappear 100% from your system so yes future touchups are needed. I've been doing this about 6 years now and the average time before clients come in for a touchup has been 1.5-2 years. Some, though, come in annually, while others will go longer than 2 years. The timing of the fade depends on external factors (sun and chlorine exposure), plus how quickly your body expels the pigment. It also depends on the clients' expectations/needs.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I agree that this gentleman's hairline looks very nice and natural looking. To me, the biggest challenge would be to keep my hair that length so everything looks even. I'm guessing he will have to shave every day or every other day to keep it looking this close to perfect? But either way, this is way better than feeling insecure about being bald.

Great work,

Bill

Very impressive. Although, requiring 3 sessions every 1.5 to 3 years as touch up, surely a hair transplant would be a more financially viable option long term?:confused:

Is there a reason, standard, permanent tattoo ink isn't used?

Thanks Dolph! Touchups are usually 1/4 the cost of the initial treatment so financially this won't even come close to breaking the bank. I tell budget-minded clients who plan to do annual touchups to figure $400-500/year.

These pigments are temporary because of the way they are composed as well as the depth (.5mm/upper dermis) we inject at. This eliminates the risk of color changing over time or pigment bleeding out.

Very impressive. Although, requiring 3 sessions every 1.5 to 3 years as touch up, surely a hair transplant would be a more financially viable option long term?:confused:

Is there a reason, standard, permanent tattoo ink isn't used?

Yes! Standard commercially-available tattoo inks contain off-colors such as blue and green. Indigo blue is added to black to make it blacker. This is a common practice in the art field, even with automotive paints.

I have developed permanent pigments that are free of these off colors for the scalp only. They do not bled (migrate) or change color. These are the same pigments I developed in 1989 for permanent cosmetics. I have seen their longevity since that time.

Edited by MarkWestonHair

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

Very nice results. It just doesn't make sense to me to require a touch-up every 1.5 - 2 years with a temporary SMP if I can have a "permanent" (we all know that even a "permanent" SMP isn't really permanent) treatment that requires a touch-up only every 4-7 years or even less.

My one-session scalp micropigmentation method is permanent, that's why it is patented. When I say permanent, I mean lifetime with no required re-applications nor scheduled touchups. Multi-session companies do claim "permanent" and is only 5-7 years. Multi-session methods should really be classified as "semi-permanent," like permanent (semi) cosmetics. These multi-session methods are suitable for some people who don't mind returning throughout the years for re-do's. Tricopigmentation is in fact temporary and they honestly advise you up front.

A partial quote from a review one of my clients left: "I called some of the larger companies but the response I got was that I would need to go at least 7 times (I don’t like needles) and that typical results last 3-4 years. I am not going through this every few years. No way."

Edited by MarkWestonHair

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

Very nice results. It just doesn't make sense to me to require a touch-up every 1.5 - 2 years with a temporary SMP if I can have a "permanent" (we all know that even a "permanent" SMP isn't really permanent) treatment that requires a touch-up only every 4-7 years or even less.

Thanks Glam! The clients who come to Ahead Ink are all very happy to come in for touchups. Many travel from out of state and out of the country to do so.

Thanks Glam! The clients who come to Ahead Ink are all very happy to come in for touchups. Many travel from out of state and out of the country to do so.

To each their own. Personally I'd be more happy if I know that I don't have to do a time consuming and costly travel for a touch-up every 1.5 years. Being away from work and family and other obligations isn't that easy to organize for me. I can't see the benefit of a temporary SMP over a permanent one. But as I said, to each their own. Just my point of view.

"Very impressive. Although, requiring 3 sessions every 1.5 to 3 years as touch up, surely a hair transplant would be a more financially viable option long term?"

Dolph, most clients require just one session for a touchup.

This looks really, really good. I find SMP to be really difficult to pull off, and you guys really knock it out of the park. Prison Break, for sure. :cool:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

"This looks really, really good. I find SMP to be really difficult to pull off, and you guys really knock it out of the park. Prison Break, for sure."

Thanks pkipling! The key to these results is partly that I spent a lot of time studying how to design a man's hairline. This started with my own hairloss obsession and education, and hair restoration journey over 10 years ago. I became friendly with some of the world's best hair transplant surgeons (all through this forum) and studied what they were doing and how they designed hairlines.

I was fortunate enough to be introduced to Milena Lardi of Beauty Medical in 2011 at Dr. Alan Feller's office. I watched Milena work on a client from Seattle. Dr. Feller, and Dr. Lindsey, observed the work under magnification and both were blown away by the realism. He green lit me going over to Italy to train with Milena.

The other key to the results you see is the product I use. The pigment is mixed with an agar that keeps the dots compressed/tight. Plus we only inject at .5mm (upper dermis) with a single-point needle. IMO this allows for the most natural-looking results--the tiny dots truly replicate shaved hair follicles. This also means that the pigment will fade and disappear 100% from your system over time through exfoliation and the pigment being absorbed and expelled via natural processes.