Any recommendations for best surgeons ?

Triotrex

Hi I am a 26 year old from England. I’m looking for a good surgeon around the world any recommendations as I am completely new to this iv heard a lot of good stories from Turkey. Cost is not a issue here I’m willing to spend as much to get my hair back. I have attached some photos , is this suitable for a hair transplant ?

599E2C15-40AE-4791-B247-23CADAE3A84C.jpeg.2869c5bbf625c6b1d19f2193619593e6.jpeg

1F4B4511-2EEF-4E32-AAA6-2A281F409CD1.thumb.jpg.9ca2f5169f38c51825e4ee8593d7fe96.jpg

730E27E5-F97A-4773-AB0F-7F48A2E63CD4.thumb.jpg.0c631516fea323a2adc2a028c55323f9.jpg

8EF7DE4B-03C2-4869-A6A2-0FC26695D702.thumb.jpg.24dbdbce7bb370c7cf201334ef7fb537.jpg

Hey Tri,

Your loss is significant and donor doesn't look the best I've seen. Sorry if that sounds harsh ::( If not already, get on meds. Proscar / Propecia immediately. If you view my thread, you will see Dr Fox is an online pharmacy in the Uk, which is the cheapest propecia I could find. Get on that for six months, then review your options. Best surgeons in Europe is always open for debate. I would say from reviews I have read - best are Dr Koray Erdogan (Asmed) in Turkey, Lorenzo (Spain), then Bisanga (BHR in Brussels). Avoid UK surgeons. I chose Asmed due to the excellent reviews and results, hope that helps. Good luck.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi thanks for your reply. My hair on the side is cut to number 1? Almost bold has this made a difference to assessing the donor area? I do not want to take any medications so can’t use finestaride. What do you guys think about having over 5000 grafts on top?

I think 5000 would be an absolute minimum, maybe 7000 needed in reality depending on expectations. You have plenty of real estate to cover as they say. I agree you should consider a Dr who uses beard and body hair also. Without the meds, the native hair you still have on top is likely to be lost. Good news is, plenty of cases on here of decent results in patients in a similar situation to yourself. Just keep in mind a HT is an illusion, you will never replicate what you once had.

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Thanks. At the moment I use tons of toppik hair fibres to hide my hair loss. Due to my job I have to meet many people a day and this hair loss is really affecting my confidence. What doctors do you recommend is dr Koray in Turkey any good? Does he do it himself or techinicans? I’m completely new to this . Cost is not a issue I just want the best results

Hi Tri,

I share your pain brother. I was a toppick slave as well:eek: I don't think smothering your head in it does the hair or scalp any favours. I have read, it may contribute to more loss:eek:

I was convinced I would go to Dr Bisanga, but after a consultation and finding out about the additional 20%or 21% tax levied on top in Belgium, I looked elsewhere. This forum helped me so much, and I will always be grateful for the members help. Reading Yaz89, Justjax and Deb1982 journeys convinced me that was the way to go. The experience there was excellent. The results are great and cost although expensive by Turkish standards is cheap compared to here in the UK. I was unable to find a bad result, thus my decision. Do your research, keep an open mind. Some great Dr's in the State's and India as well. All the information is contained here that you need.

Sorry forgot to fully answer your question fully. Dr Koray, does everything bar extraction and implantation. These are the labour intensive parts. Some criticise the use of Tecs. As long as their work is up to standard and checked, I don't see a issue. It's a results driven business. Read plenty of bad reviews, where the Dr has done all the work. By the way, Dr Koray, does not do beard or body hair.

• Valued Contributor

Are your reservations toward finasteride due to your having tried it and experiencing negative side effects or have you only heard of the negative side effects and afraid to try fin out?

I would say that unless you have been on fin for, at least, 6 months to a year that your backs and sides suggest that you’re not a very good candidate for a hair transplant. I don’t want to dash your hopes but that’s the reality of your situation.

What you have back there is very finite and not in very good condition. With the help of medical therapy, however you could potentially put yourself in a position to do a whole lot more.

I got on finasteride in late April of 2012. I take it every MWF very religiously. I take it in combination with minoxidil and biotin every day. My first consult with a surgeon recommended on this forum went from, “mmm, we could probably bulk up hairline and frontal third...after that you might want to think about a sophisticated hair piece for your crown or just let it grow out and come it back to hide the crown”, to just a year later being told that I could have two, potentially three, strips with the option of FUE later on down the line.

All of a sudden, my goals were attainable.

I have never experienced any sides in almost 6 years now. I went from a bald guy to a man with a bald crown but a hairline, frontal third, and recessed (but not completely lost) temples in that time.

If your only afraid to try finasteride then my advice is to bite the bullitt and give it a go because right now, with how your donor looks, you’re putting yourself in a scarier position that not having the surgery. It seems that you want to go with FUE but be aware that whether you choose FUE or the strip you will have scars and they will be very visible with your hair the way it is.

This is just my two cents. I am no doctor. I wish you all the best.

Thanks for your reply. Iv always not been a person to take meds etc I try to take care of my health and diet a lot. Also iv never tried rogaine was about to however heard lots of people talking about how it affects the heart palpitations etc which then I thought I rather be bold then be dead lol. At the moment I’m taking biotin, daily massages, castor oil tea tea all natural remedies to strengthen the existing hair. Is dr feriduni any good? Iv not really heard of dr bisanga but I assume he must be really good?

My completely unprofessional opinion?

Don't pursue hair transplantation unless you're willing to commit to meds, not with that level of loss and what appears to be a below average/weak donor.

Think you'd be setting yourself up for a long, expensive road to unsatisfactory results (ofc, dependant on pre-op expectations).

Hi I’m not looking to do it now probably after 1 year after strengthening my donor hair ? I’m just planning ahead with the surgeons etc incase I do decide to do it. To be honest after I completely lose my hair on top I will have no other choice but to try a hair transplant

If your hair loss is a large amount or your family members suffer from a norwood 6 or something in that nature, most likely you will have the same male pattern baldness. There are some pretty good doctors in the States that can give you a good FUT to start and that would get the most hairs for you in one single procedure. You want to be able to have a good donor area if you are a serious case of male pattern baldness because if one procedure doesn't cover a good amount in the first FUT or FUE transplant, most likely you are want to go a head with a second procedure. I would do the FUT first and that way you have a good donor area after. An FUE transplant is good, but if they are going to do a large amount of grafts in one session, your donor area will not be as good as it would if you had an FUT transplant first. Get the FUT first and the FUE after, that way you maximize the amount of hair graft you have.

LOL! So "everything" = his technicians do most of the work. I like his results but I had to point out how ridiculous this comment was.

Hi 911fan

Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately I'm dyslexic, and always get my son to proof read before posting. On this occasion, my son was on holiday and I was keen to offer a little advice to the thread. Being dyslexic means even simple sentences or paragraphs are difficult to write and very time consuming. Sufferers with the disability write and read things differently than non dyslexic people. Please accept my apologies.

The point I was making was that the Dr undertakes all the key activities that are crucial in delivering a successful HT. With Techs undertaking the time consuming extraction and implantation parts, with the oversight of the Dr.

I think most people reading my reply would understand what I was driving at, although as stated not the best constructed sentence due to my issue. More importantly I was just trying to share my experience and the little knowledge I have gained in the HT field after my procedure. Take care.

My advice would be to wait a few more years to see how much hair hot continue to lose. You're still going and will most certainly lose more hair in the coming years. At 27 I had a full head of hair, in the next 3-4 years I lost quite a bit. You don't want to have a transplant now, them keep losing more hair behind it. You just definitely consider starting Finasteride now to stabilise ongoing loss.

Then start researching good docs, FUE Vs FUT and consider a transplant in a few years. Your donor probably looks thinner as you've cut it short. When you do send clinics your photos you should grow your hair longer first. FUT would probably be the better option to maximise they number of grafts available.

In the UK have a look at Mr Ball at Maitland and Farjo. Mr Bisanga is very good in Belgium as is Feriduni. Hassan and Wong in Canada. There are many others. All of these at least offer both FUT and FUE so can give you advice on what they think is best.

Thanks. Do you recommend rogaine ? Iv never used it but heard stories about affect your heart , palpitations etc. Also I just read you had your transplant in London? How was your experience as only this site the only stories I hear is in Turkey? It would be good to stay local

My completely unprofessional opinion?

Don't pursue hair transplantation unless you're willing to commit to meds, not with that level of loss and what appears to be a below average/weak donor.

Think you'd be setting yourself up for a long, expensive road to unsatisfactory results (ofc, dependant on pre-op expectations).

I agree with the old chestnut on this. Take fin, stabilize your hair loss, then reassess your condition.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

I agree with what's been said.

Also consider trying the shaved look and also researching temporary SMP as other ways to cope with your hairloss.

The donor area density worries me, and even getting on meds could make a hair transplant a very expensive cat and mouse game you're likely never to win.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Also Can I ask why you had 2 transplant by different clinics? Thank

For the first I only wanted to stay in the UK as I was unfamiliar with transplants and clinics. I had a positive experience, see my thread. (but do not go to the ziering clinic but to Mr Ball who is now at Maitland).

For the second I didn't want to spend so much money so choose Dr Karadeniz. That was the main reason for not staying with Mr Ball, the expense.

Consult with different clinics, also Bisanga in Belgium who does excellent work.

Thanks . How much is average transplant in uk for example by mr call or ferduni?. Also have you noticed any side effects with rogaine?

Feriduni is based in Belgium. For prices your should consult with the clinics, this varies on the clinic, type of procedure and number of grafts.

I have had no side effects from Rogaine or Finasteride, they are not very common. You should start Finasteride asap.

Triotrex,

You're looking for the best surgeons? Take a look at our list of recommended physicians here. Each surgeon recommended by this community has been prescreened by the members here and approved collaboratively based on high standards. But don't just take my word for it. Use this forum to research each doctor you are considering and ask other members...especially their patients. You will find a lot of them here.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 months later...