ASMED Dr. Koray Erdogan 22 December 2017 [3000 Grafts]

Shuriken

Hi everyone.

I'd like to share my wonderful experience of HT done at the ASMED clinic (Dr. Koray). Thank you for this forum for introducing ASMED to me.

Some things about me: I am a 26 year old, asian, been losing hair since 20s and it has been dragging down my self-esteem ever since. This is super awkward as I am the only one in my group who is unfortunate to lose hair at a very early age. My brother has thick hair too so I am the only unlucky one in the family.

Last May, I sent my photos via website for a quotation. And I got 2000-2400 based on the photos that I sent. I confirmed and chose December 21-22-23 as my dates. Paid the deposit and the lovely Sema organized everything flawlessly - from the transfer to the accomodation and to everything a patient needs.

December 21

I travelled solo and I had an early flight via Turkish Airlines to Istanbul. The weather was not that great, and as expected I got an hour delay. But the ASMED driver patiently waited for me, took me to the clinic first for the evaluation. The clinic is as what you see in photos, it is pretty neat, but the real gem here is the whole staff. I am personally really bad at foreign names, but all of them are beautifully smiling and welcoming that it made me feel safe. Though I admit I was nervous because I do not know what to expect, Sema guided me in every step. It was well-organized, from the intros to picture takings, the session with Dr.Koray and hairline designing. Dr. Koray is great and he will definitely ask you what you ultimately want, but I just told that I trust him so they can do what they think is effective and I will gladly submit.

The final grafts that will be done is 3000 + Finasteride which I never too prior to this. Initially it was 2200 frontline, 800 at the crown, but it was changed to 2400 frontline and 600 at the crown and it is still great. I only got one day of surgery because apparently the photos that I sent were not that clear (taken by phone) so if you need a piece of advice, submit photos in super high quality so that they can evaluate it better. To be honest, I forgot to ask how much they can do in one day. I brought with me enough money for a 3500-graft surgery, because you never know.

The driver then brought me to Radisson Blu. I asked for a single room but ended up with a double room so I appreciate it. I decided to rest for tomorrow will be a long day.

December 22

I am already up very early at 5:30AM, had breakfast at 6:30AM and met a few other guys who will be undergoing surgery. It was comforting to see them and know that I am not alone. At 7:00AM I took the pills Dr. Umut gave me. Then, the driver picked us up at 7:10AM, brought us to the clinic, changed clothes, and I'll just go flash forward to the surgery. TBH, I just felt sleepy the whole time probably due to the pills and I did not even bother to use the iPad or watch a film. The only time it hurt so bad was when they injected the local anesthesia. I was asked to keep calm and relax and just tell them if I feel pain. They will constantly ask you how you feel and if everything is okay. We had a break and I certainly felt light-headed and a bit dizzy which is pretty much normal.

After the surgery (which lasted for maybe 7/8 hours), you will be asked to be taken some photos, then bandaged up, given a folder with the info on the grafts extracted, some dos and donts, a USB with your pre and post surgery photos, a neck pillow, an ice pack, a fisherman hat, some painkillers and an ATP spray, shampoo and a a foam you will be needing in the next couple of days. Looking at the mirror, it looks promising!

December 23

I was not able to sleep very well as expected so no complaints. The neck pillow deflates from time to time but luckily I have a better one at home. I only slept around three hours. At 9:20 we were picked up for the first wash. It hurt a lot and scalp was just too sensitive even if it is just a tap. After this, we bid goodbye and I was asked to submit updates from time to time.

In the afternoon. I left the hotel and flew back home. TBH, I would gladly stay for a while in Istanbul but I have to be back home for Christmas. I already notice my forehead swelling and and I didn't bother wearing the cotton hat. I noticed people looking but I just ignored them.

Again I would like to say that the staff is just amazing. Too bad I cannot list them all down, but they are all superb especially Sema, Suzanna, Alessio and of course Dr. Umut and Dr. Koray.

Well it ends here. I'll post photos as soon as I can.

2018 is already promising. :D

Hi everyone.

I'd like to share my wonderful experience of HT done at the ASMED clinic (Dr. Koray). Thank you for this forum for introducing ASMED to me.

Some things about me: I am a 26 year old, asian, been losing hair since 20s and it has been dragging down my self-esteem ever since. This is super awkward as I am the only one in my group who is unfortunate to lose hair at a very early age. My brother has thick hair too so I am the only unlucky one in the family.

Last May, I sent my photos via website for a quotation. And I got 2000-2400 based on the photos that I sent. I confirmed and chose December 21-22-23 as my dates. Paid the deposit and the lovely Sema organized everything flawlessly - from the transfer to the accomodation and to everything a patient needs.

December 21

I travelled solo and I had an early flight via Turkish Airlines to Istanbul. The weather was not that great, and as expected I got an hour delay. But the ASMED driver patiently waited for me, took me to the clinic first for the evaluation. The clinic is as what you see in photos, it is pretty neat, but the real gem here is the whole staff. I am personally really bad at foreign names, but all of them are beautifully smiling and welcoming that it made me feel safe. Though I admit I was nervous because I do not know what to expect, Sema guided me in every step. It was well-organized, from the intros to picture takings, the session with Dr.Koray and hairline designing. Dr. Koray is great and he will definitely ask you what you ultimately want, but I just told that I trust him so they can do what they think is effective and I will gladly submit.

The final grafts that will be done is 3000 + Finasteride which I never too prior to this. Initially it was 2200 frontline, 800 at the crown, but it was changed to 2400 frontline and 600 at the crown and it is still great. I only got one day of surgery because apparently the photos that I sent were not that clear (taken by phone) so if you need a piece of advice, submit photos in super high quality so that they can evaluate it better. To be honest, I forgot to ask how much they can do in one day. I brought with me enough money for a 3500-graft surgery, because you never know.

The driver then brought me to Radisson Blu. I asked for a single room but ended up with a double room so I appreciate it. I decided to rest for tomorrow will be a long day.

December 22

I am already up very early at 5:30AM, had breakfast at 6:30AM and met a few other guys who will be undergoing surgery. It was comforting to see them and know that I am not alone. At 7:00AM I took the pills Dr. Umut gave me. Then, the driver picked us up at 7:10AM, brought us to the clinic, changed clothes, and I'll just go flash forward to the surgery. TBH, I just felt sleepy the whole time probably due to the pills and I did not even bother to use the iPad or watch a film. The only time it hurt so bad was when they injected the local anesthesia. I was asked to keep calm and relax and just tell them if I feel pain. They will constantly ask you how you feel and if everything is okay. We had a break and I certainly felt light-headed and a bit dizzy which is pretty much normal.

After the surgery (which lasted for maybe 7/8 hours), you will be asked to be taken some photos, then bandaged up, given a folder with the info on the grafts extracted, some dos and donts, a USB with your pre and post surgery photos, a neck pillow, an ice pack, a fisherman hat, some painkillers and an ATP spray, shampoo and a a foam you will be needing in the next couple of days. Looking at the mirror, it looks promising!

December 23

I was not able to sleep very well as expected so no complaints. The neck pillow deflates from time to time but luckily I have a better one at home. I only slept around three hours. At 9:20 we were picked up for the first wash. It hurt a lot and scalp was just too sensitive even if it is just a tap. After this, we bid goodbye and I was asked to submit updates from time to time.

In the afternoon. I left the hotel and flew back home. TBH, I would gladly stay for a while in Istanbul but I have to be back home for Christmas. I already notice my forehead swelling and and I didn't bother wearing the cotton hat. I noticed people looking but I just ignored them.

Again I would like to say that the staff is just amazing. Too bad I cannot list them all down, but they are all superb especially Sema, Suzanna, Alessio and of course Dr. Umut and Dr. Koray.

Well it ends here. I'll post photos as soon as I can.

2018 is already promising. :D

Nice report on your experience with Asmed. Good point regarding photo quality on the pre op assessment, absolutely critical to get good quality pictures. It gives Dr Koray or any other Dr a fighting chance of giving an accurate estimate. I wish you all the best and hope you get a great result. Are you from the UK? I agree Sema and Suzzane are very professional, good at their job and not bad on the eye either :D

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Good luck buddy. I have a near-identical experience to you but was at ASMED approximately 10 days before you. Will be following your progress and wishing you all the best.

Thanks man! I also saw your thread and we're the same age! Will gladly follow back!

Hi there,

Happy growing! Could you please share some photos before and after the procedure?

Thanks!

J

Hi!

I made an album and uploaded all the official photos. I will just post the next updates here.

Nice report on your experience with Asmed. Good point regarding photo quality on the pre op assessment, absolutely critical to get good quality pictures. It gives Dr Koray or any other Dr a fighting chance of giving an accurate estimate. I wish you all the best and hope you get a great result. Are you from the UK? I agree Sema and Suzzane are very professional, good at their job and not bad on the eye either :D

Thank you so much. I currently work and reside in Italy for 10 years now.

Sema and Suzanne and the rest are awesome ladies inside and out. :D

December 24

My forehead and eyes are swollen. Basically you can just google Frieza because his forehead practically looks like mine now lol. I had my first hair washing on my own. I hope I did it right. I was too scared to touch the grafts! I stayed all day home, the only time I went out was when I take my dog for a walk.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi Shuriken. Like you on this Christmas Eve, I'm sitting here in my comfortable computer chair with a swollen forehead and eyes. I washed my own hair last night for the first time too. I think I made the mistake of sleeping a little too low, well probably a lot too low ... basically flat last night and of course that's probably why I'm so swollen today. My right eye looks like I took a left hook in a boxing match that I lost. Oh well.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Hi Shuriken. Like you on this Christmas Eve, I'm sitting here in my comfortable computer chair with a swollen forehead and eyes. I washed my own hair last night for the first time too. I think I made the mistake of sleeping a little too low, well probably a lot too low ... basically flat last night and of course that's probably why I'm so swollen today. My right eye looks like I took a left hook in a boxing match that I lost. Oh well.

Merry Christmas to you all!

December 25

Hello! That makes the two of us now. Both of my eyes are swollen now, but my forehead looks a lot better now.

December 25

Hello! That makes the two of us now. Both of my eyes are swollen now, but my forehead looks a lot better now.

I'm a lot better now but three days ago I was in bad shape, at least from the mirror's prospective. The past couple of days I had a considerable amount of swelling in the forehead that I could see slooowly moving down my face, from the upper forehead to the eyebrows, then around the eyes and temples. By the time it got down to my eyes I realized the swelling was partially blood from surgery, which seems to have shown up around my eyes. By day 3 post-op, I looked like I went 5 rounds in the boxing ring and lost to a knockout. As of today the swelling has gone down and much the black and blue around my eyes has dispersed, partially thanks to warm compresses and light massage I think and I look a lot better than I did the past two day.

I will say that I may have been partially to blame for the amount of blood in the swelling. Or maybe not according to my Dr, who I talked to right after posting a Hello to you. Apparently some have more blood than others. But I did have to deal with a busted hot water heater that evening after surgery, then two days later when a plumber installed a new one. I was moving around too much I think. But its all good now thank God. What a week! Hope yours has gone well!

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I haven’t updated for a while but allow me to share my 14-day post HT pics. (January 5). I really hope I am doing well. I have a very few scabs which are actually almost gone!

6785FD9A-7E42-4AAE-8838-49A953C812BF_zpsd2nbfflh.jpg

C0A06473-79F8-4C53-87DA-76967B1EC54E_zpsszvpey1s.jpg

9C21C201-5C9C-4464-A626-E698770E594C_zpsmx6yv7um.jpg

9864DC36-EFF9-498C-9C8D-BD3F73CDF0D9_zps2nemieqc.jpg

6FD4CBB8-378D-488F-9402-6E2F9B92CB05_zpsuyalhl44.jpg

I still have a few foam and shampoo at this point. Can someone recommend me a good shampoo after I finish the ASMED shampoo? Thanks!

Edited by Shuriken

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

Here are my Day 21 photos, or 3 weeks post-HT. (January 12)

46400E42-3F00-45E8-9DDC-48AD980E0CE8_zpsqsjkzpyn.jpg

D855ED79-8224-4832-B939-5AE068A94312_zpsw63i2gco.jpg

9F4FFA13-0E8D-46A2-B17E-7066A5BB0D5F_zpssnmt32rm.jpg

For the mean time, I am just using a baby shampoo. I do not know what shampoo to get, but I have a bio aloe vera one too.

Here are my February 02 (Day 42) photos. It's been shedding horribly and I hope that this ugly duckling stage will pass rapidly. :( I don't even how to cut my hair in a way that it will not be too obvious. Apparently there's now way to hide the shedding. It sucks but it will get better.

38AA1B70-9486-4F56-88EA-C01CF7A0CEA1_zpsnybc0oak.jpg

29C68E8C-DDA7-4E07-95EB-600796C8E0B5_zpszyywysjh.jpg

6AA52DB3-28DA-4BC7-840A-231D2EB6AFD8_zpsjmgpjf2k.jpg

i had mine done at ASMED on 18/1 and 19/1 5000 grafts in total. i bought Ph5.5 shampoo from Turkey and plaining to use it after i finish with ASMED shampoo

Cool! Do you have your own thread I should follow? Let me know!

Currently I posted my 42-Day photos. Waiting for moderators to approve it. ;)

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. I myself am looking for a high quality place in Istanbul. If you don't mind answering, I have some questions for you. Are you so far happy with your results? What percent increase have you experienced with this clinic? Thanks for your time. Martin

Looking great! I'm going through the ugly duckling phase too. 54 days and starting to see white fuzzy hairs everywhere. How's your donor area looking? I get the occasional pimple and still a little pink (but I'm pretty fair skinned).

Your graft placement looks great and the hairline looks nice and thick at the front! Very excited to see your progress!! Happy growing!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. I myself am looking for a high quality place in Istanbul. If you don't mind answering, I have some questions for you. Are you so far happy with your results? What percent increase have you experienced with this clinic? Thanks for your time. Martin

Hello! To be honest, it is still too early to tell for the results, but I am very optimistic about it.

The clinic treated me very well and they really make you feel secured and comfortable. So far I am satisfied. I hope this helps.

Looking great! I'm going through the ugly duckling phase too. 54 days and starting to see white fuzzy hairs everywhere. How's your donor area looking? I get the occasional pimple and still a little pink (but I'm pretty fair skinned).

Your graft placement looks great and the hairline looks nice and thick at the front! Very excited to see your progress!! Happy growing!

Hey thanks man! My donor still has some little pimples too and sometimes get itchy but I guess it's normal. Also my skin is darker so it kinda conceals everything. :D Happy growing to you as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! It is my Day 61 (February 21) or two months. I think that the shedding has stopped (is there more to shed? lol) I have seen little hairs sprouting on my temples already and I am looking forward to seeing them grow! :D

1311F77B-0351-44DF-AC90-1CB4C0451486_zpsiebfjy0f.jpg

919CC9A4-923C-4558-BEF4-E15CD35432DA_zpsfaobgfta.jpg

6F3698F7-C6A6-4D0E-8EF2-048F4E270E09_zpsztmo8btn.jpg

65559782-78F9-4D7B-A63D-E0613A519645_zpshbkqau1t.jpg

32119239-EA75-46FF-A1D7-E6F070EB0357_zpsezcivizf.jpg

01916C5C-896E-457F-BE17-45BDEC1C7F87_zpsw3craz6s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Here are my March 07 photos, or Day 75. I must say that my temples are really improving, but the crown and the front hairline has yet to improve. But hey! I'm only on my 2.5 month! Patience patience! :D

5FA5FD40-9150-4B9A-AA81-352AE078824E_zpslbochadm.jpg

4B2737C1-8B02-41F7-88AD-6AEC27A35797_zpsxeniikqr.jpg

EB3E172D-E084-4FAF-BA1A-0CFD4F9483BD_zpsakiqzxhz.jpg

E4FA7742-B15A-4EAC-BA68-F7F0C4405F1A_zpsmckenn4z.jpg.html2A9221C0-B9C7-4FF1-939E-A69664FF0DCF_zpsyutaj5il.jpg

E4FA7742-B15A-4EAC-BA68-F7F0C4405F1A_zpsmckenn4z.jpg

EB3E172D-E084-4FAF-BA1A-0CFD4F9483BD_zpsakiqzxhz.jpg.html

you should be extremely happy you're seeing any growth at only 2.5 months ... and it will not all come in at the same time, even at 6 months you may have one side that lags behind another - but eventually it all does blend well once the HT fully matures at 12 months or so. congrats and continued success growing!

Just a quick look at your case, looks good but get the fk back on finasteride mate. You've got general thinning all across the scalp and a weak donor, the "discomfort in the groin area" is a common side that occurs for the vast majority of finasteride users and disappears after the first 2-4 weeks. It's stupid not to be on finasteride in your case, you're not being "safe" by getting off the drug due to a non-issue when a much larger one is going to arise without it.

you should be extremely happy you're seeing any growth at only 2.5 months ... and it will not all come in at the same time, even at 6 months you may have one side that lags behind another - but eventually it all does blend well once the HT fully matures at 12 months or so. congrats and continued success growing!

I am quite satisfied with every positive change. I can't wait to see more growth!

Just a quick look at your case, looks good but get the fk back on finasteride mate. You've got general thinning all across the scalp and a weak donor, the "discomfort in the groin area" is a common side that occurs for the vast majority of finasteride users and disappears after the first 2-4 weeks. It's stupid not to be on finasteride in your case, you're not being "safe" by getting off the drug due to a non-issue when a much larger one is going to arise without it.

How do you know if your donor is weak? I forgot to post this but I'm back 27 days ago using Finasteride and this time I'm not feeling any sides aside from watery sperm and less morning boner.