HT with Dr Erkan Demirsoy (1664 grafts)

wagnumpi

So it's pretty much 4 months since the transplant so thought post some more images. The image with the orange head (due to lighting) is last year around August time so can see the difference. If I were putting product in my hair to style it, it would certainly still be too thin but it's getting close to the point now that without anything in it, I no longer have to have mini comb overs to hide the receding hair line.

Hopefully still a long way to go with improvements but happy it's starting to thicken out.

Not that I would recommend it as a good practice to follow for hair growth but I have noticed something peculiar that has happened on four occasions now. Over the last few months I have noticed almost overnight improvements after having nights out where I have been drinking, partying etc fairly heavily. On a day to day basis I do not notice improvements that much but hand on my heart, when I have been out celebrating, and feel rough the next day, the following day I have noticed significant growth?

I am not suggesting I will be going out partying constantly but be interested to know if anyone knows of reasoning behind this? Doubt it has really been studied if what I am picking up on here is actually something and not just an amazing coincidence 4 times in a row...

20170727_074429.thumb.jpg.e61fb5135b915ad3ee812e68dc0a6dba.jpg

20180417_151117.thumb.jpg.8a66f901f0d47767841c6889e7417498.jpg

20180417_175036.thumb.jpg.3ee1a11017a81c5e80e86bf752a4eee6.jpg

Right on time with your 4 month update.

How much would you say the overall growth is now, 30-40% or so?

Covering wise yeah i'd say about 40%, perhaps a little less. Since it's harder to distinguish individual hairs now it's a little more difficult to notice what's going on exactly apart from just seeing the overall thickness of it.

Hopefully more hairs will continue to grow so it thickens up but at least at this point, it's already making it easier to style my hair. Just hope it will carry on so I can style it however I like without having to worry but I have faith considering most peoples biggest improvements seem to be over the coming months ahead rather than the ones i've been through so far.

Wish me luck! :)

Couple more photo's today just to get another view. Got one of those magnifying mirrors and can actually see other tiny little hairs at least at the front of the hairline coming through so should still continue to thicken out over the coming months :)

20180425_183042.thumb.jpg.8db42c7b5f420aa76dbbeb2978601084.jpg

20180425_183039.thumb.jpg.01cb02ff289ce667b291a7ed612210e1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So pretty much 5 month point now and at some angles it already looks fantastic! Closer inspection in well lit places however can still see needs to thicken out but can still see some new hairs popping through in places and as the current ones grow longer they hopefully should thicken out the area too. Looking forward to the next few months as looks like i'm on to getting a good result!

20180513_174322.thumb.jpg.ba39ba0bab934ebfe1690116bdb58b9c.jpg

20180513_174257.thumb.jpg.8fed82eff55f1386cc41390bdbf6c0c2.jpg

20180513_174308.thumb.jpg.bbc206e57904acc0e6341a3ffa636087.jpg

congrats, you can instantly tell this is going to be a spectacular result! like you said, already looks fantastic ... compare current pics to where you started and its night and day .. only going to get better

wagnumpi, Nice growth!

"but hand on my heart, when I have been out celebrating, and feel rough the next day, the following day I have noticed significant growth? "

Hmmmm...if you're into beer, beer contain silica and silica encourages faster hair growth. :)

wagnumpi, Nice growth!

"but hand on my heart, when I have been out celebrating, and feel rough the next day, the following day I have noticed significant growth? "

Hmmmm...if you're into beer, beer contain silica and silica encourages faster hair growth. :)

Interesting... Right okay, have drank beer but mostly been prosecco in all fairness but nevertheless find it fascinating that it at least seems that significant improvements happen. Almost feel as if i'm discovering something like they did with the medical trials for osteoporosis and baldness although well aware my "tests" aren't exactly a healthy way to help things along. Perhaps have to continue my "tests" to see if I can pinpoint what is causing it if anything :)

I love your results!

I currently looking into Dr. Erkan Demisoy. I have a couple of questions, and i would be grateful if you would answer them.

Would you recommend him?

How did you get to know him? Hes not recommended on this site.

Do you know how long his waiting list is?

Regards,

Hey, nice FUE results. I am thinking of getting this done. Can you tell us how many grafts and price? My case could be similar to yours I think. How long did you stay there in case you had to travel?

I would have panicked like you but the end was a happy one, just a few months of insecurities and uncertainty is worth it. I think I would post my experience like you did because not only you feel comforted by other people but help people too.

EDIT: I also get bad sex (generally) as a side effect of finasteride so I wonder can we stop taking it after surgery? I've been taking it since I was 20, I am 35 now and I would love to dismiss it but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for my hair.

EDIT 2: OK so it was 1664 grafts 1.25 euro each. Do you know how long is the waiting list? Can you wear a cap or something after your scalp healed (two weeks) to hide the bald spots before it grows up?

EDIT 3: How do I contact this doctor?

Edited by BigBen

I love your results!

I currently looking into Dr. Erkan Demisoy. I have a couple of questions, and i would be grateful if you would answer them.

Would you recommend him?

How did you get to know him? Hes not recommended on this site.

Do you know how long his waiting list is?

Regards,

Haven't reached the final result as of yet so difficult to say absolutely yes, but since everything has gone very well so far I would currently definitely recommend.

When I did my research I mainly used this site and although he's not part of the Hair Restoration Network therefore not listed (assume that's how it works?), against other Doctors offering reasonable prices he seemed for me at least to be the obvious choice. I came across many images on here with excellent to decent results, he carries out most the procedure himself which isn't the case with many others, and the communications I was having with them seemed to be far less pushy than some of the other places which made me feel more comfortable with it.

As for waiting times, I have no idea i'm afraid sorry. All I know is I booked my transplant in over Christmas back in August but that was due to it fitting in well with work etc rather than the waiting times being that long. If you contact them, Muzaffer is a very friendly chap who should be able to answer that for you.

Good luck what ever decide to do!

Hey, nice FUE results. I am thinking of getting this done. Can you tell us how many grafts and price? My case could be similar to yours I think. How long did you stay there in case you had to travel?

I would have panicked like you but the end was a happy one, just a few months of insecurities and uncertainty is worth it. I think I would post my experience like you did because not only you feel comforted by other people but help people too.

EDIT: I also get bad sex (generally) as a side effect of finasteride so I wonder can we stop taking it after surgery? I've been taking it since I was 20, I am 35 now and I would love to dismiss it but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for my hair.

EDIT 2: OK so it was 1664 grafts 1.25 euro each. Do you know how long is the waiting list? Can you wear a cap or something after your scalp healed (two weeks) to hide the bald spots before it grows up?

EDIT 3: How do I contact this doctor?

I'll bullet point my answer as only have a minute but hopefully will answer everything;

1. Number of grafts was 1664 and if I remember correctly think the whole thing excluding flights cost ?2700 (Think that's the minimum price they charge but will cover up to 2000 grafts)

2. Stayed for literally couple days. Flew in night before, surgery, then flew back around lunch time the next day.

3. Unfortunately they do suggest to stay on finasteride and minoxidil but since my hair loss hasnt been too severe and my father has similar hairline to what I had, I think i'm fortunate enough to come off it. Like you it severely effected my sex drive so felt i'd rather take the risk since I think how i feel is more important than how I look.

4.Waiting list, no idea i'm afraid and yes you can wear a cap about two weeks after surgery although I chose just to leave out in the open as i'm self employed so didnt have work colleagues to notice it and by time gone back to work the redness had mainly calmed down.

5. I contacted them via their website - Armamed. Sa? Ekimi, FUE sa? ekimi, Dr. Erkan Demirsoy, FUT Sa? Ekimi, Online Konsultasyon, ?ncesi sonras

They came back to me pretty swiftly although heard others having to chase so send images over and chase if haven't heard back after a week or so.

Hope that answers all your questions!

Thanks! He is in Istanbul, right?

My receding hairline is more or less like yours was, but I also have diffuse alopecia on all the upper side of my scalp, not sure if you had this because it looks like you only had receding hairline in the photos. Did you have surgery done anywhere else or hairline only?

My hair is thin but not because of alopecia but has always been thin since I was a kid, because I'm fair likely, so is yours? Not sure if fair/blond people need more grafts because we have thinner hair?

My receding hairline is more or less like yours was, but I also have diffuse alopecia on all the upper side of my scalp, not sure if you had this because it looks like you only had receding hairline in the photos. Did you have surgery done anywhere else or hairline only?

My hair is thin but not because of alopecia but has always been thin since I was a kid, because I'm fair likely, so is yours? Not sure if fair/blond people need more grafts because we have thinner hair?

Yep Istanbul. Was really easy and the hotel they supply is lovely but just be aware no one there speaks English as its in a random part of town so I guess they don't get many foreign tourists. Nevertheless managed to cope and they were really friendly, just ordering room service was a tad difficult. Also just to note, Istanbul is a Big city so don't worry when it feels like you've been driving forever and wonder where the guys taking you like I did :)

Fortunately for myself I'm kind of the perfect patient as my hair is extremely thick apart from my temples where I went bald. It will certainly thin out as my dads is quite thin now but due to how thick it is, it made the hairline stand out like a sore thumb previously unless I did comb overs since it goes from completely bald to then extremely thick. Due to the thickness most of my grafts contained 3-4 hairs (some even 5!) with only a handful being a couple and hardly any with just one. Because of that it should end up giving a more natural look.

For yourself if you have thinner fairer hair I guess the result perhaps won't be technically as good as mine (although could be fortunate) but I would say I have a friend who's going very thin at the front with similar sounding hair to yours and I've always thought it didn't look too bad on him since with the lighter hair, it's more similar tone to your skin, so it's doesn't stand out quite so bad as it does with thicker darker hair. Obviously though I think your always going to be more judgemental on your own hair than others but personally to me, don't think lighter hair looks anyway near as bad as darker hair receding.

You always have the opportunity to do a second run as some of the better results I've seen have required two visits as trying to pack in too many grafts in one go can shock your body and they won't end up all surviving.

If need anymore info or tips just let me know! :)

I'm certainly no expert but post some images of your hair so can take a look. Like I say, clearly not going to be able to give perfect advice but always handy to have other people's opinions...

I'm certainly no expert but post some images of your hair so can take a look. Like I say, clearly not going to be able to give perfect advice but always handy to have other people's opinions...

Thanks! You can check my just posted photos on here and I would love to hear your opinion, I'm getting a haircut tomorrow, always need at least one per month because otherwise it doesn't look good but also when it is too short it doesn't look great either.

I am wondering do you have to pay twice for two sessions with the same doctor? And also what criterion do they follow about grafts? Do they try to implant grafts that have several hairs? Did you take a photo with you to show them how you wanted the hairline to look or they just decide based on your face? Sorry for all the questions.

Yes I think you had a positive attitude throughout the process. :) I hope to behave well like you did and of course to get the best possible results. After the surgery I will probably dismiss finasteride (after 15 years) although I know that the original hairs might fall because of that so not really sure what to do about that and if a future surgery could replace the original hair that fell.

Check this out and tell me your thoughts...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187752-looking-advice-post2527715.html#post2527715

Thanks! You can check my just posted photos on here and I would love to hear your opinion, I'm getting a haircut tomorrow, always need at least one per month because otherwise it doesn't look good but also when it is too short it doesn't look great either.

I am wondering do you have to pay twice for two sessions with the same doctor? And also what criterion do they follow about grafts? Do they try to implant grafts that have several hairs? Did you take a photo with you to show them how you wanted the hairline to look or they just decide based on your face? Sorry for all the questions.

Yes I think you had a positive attitude throughout the process. :) I hope to behave well like you did and of course to get the best possible results. After the surgery I will probably dismiss finasteride (after 15 years) although I know that the original hairs might fall because of that so not really sure what to do about that and if a future surgery could replace the original hair that fell.

Check this out and tell me your thoughts...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187752-looking-advice-post2527715.html#post2527715

From my experience of contacting different places, you generally will send images over to them and they will then return the images with a suggested hairline that you can then discuss. As for the grafts and the number hair follicles they contain, this i believe is just down to the density of your hair in the donor area. If the donor area is thin then it will likely only contain lower numbers and vice versa.

As for how you would go about cost implications with a couple of visits, I suppose if it was decided that was required from the start then I guess they could come up with a payment plan, but I think once you've decided who you are going to use you'll need to discuss it with them as they would be able to shine more light on that matter.

As for you hairline, it does look like balding is more developed than mine was but if you are still considering Demirsoy, search for his name in the forums on here to look up some more of his patients as I do recall one that had very similar looking hair and his end result was fantastic (Better than mine currently). Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Coming up to the half year mark and results are looking good. Stuck an image of the night before surgery in there for comparison as well... The hair isn't as thick as the rest of mine so there are some limits to how I can style it but it's thick enough for no one to notice anything odd apart from obviously myself.

It's become much harder to notice improvements now at this point since the only way I can really check is by looking extremely close at the hair line while in good lighting to see if I can spot any new hairs coming through on the scalp since the scalp is still slightly more visible in these areas than the rest of my hair.

Hopefully it will still fill out some more but either way if this is the end result I'd still say money well spent!

20180607_082624.thumb.jpg.89a99fc91a3a0fc931b76c24bddc9508.jpg

20180607_082533.thumb.jpg.a930154b5a44d3ef875b40074784ad49.jpg

20180607_082727.thumb.jpg.6ab008110f97179837b7c31b4c8d26f9.jpg

20171219_222637.thumb.jpg.ad1d86d8d1c129e1137619fab6ad239d.jpg

Wow, is it just me or does your hair (not just the transplanted but the native) grow extremely fast for only 6 months?

I am taking Biotin but yeah my hair is thick everywhere else and grows fast! Sounds like perfect hair i know but it also has a mind of it's own so can be incredibly difficult to style unless you just let it flow the way the hair follicles are pointing, otherwise it's just a blimming nightmare!

Just as a quick update, not really seeing any further hairs coming through so guess this is the maximum density I will get but as the new areas are shorter than the rest, when they catch up i imagine it will improve the look further. Will post another image next month.

Hey, wagnumpi. I am very impressed by your results. I've been browsing different forums and am now pretty sure that I'll go with Dr. Demirsoy. Would you mind if I ask a few questions here?

What technique did the Dr. and his team use? Were they using forceps or implanter pens for the implantation of grafts? Did the Dr. provide you with any info regarding the density in the recipient area?

Thanks.

It looks very good. The only "problem" you had was the receding hairline and now it's solved. The rest of your hair looked awesome already. I think that the different thickness and colour is a common issue but not sure for how long.

Hey, wagnumpi. I am very impressed by your results. I've been browsing different forums and am now pretty sure that I'll go with Dr. Demirsoy. Would you mind if I ask a few questions here?

What technique did the Dr. and his team use? Were they using forceps or implanter pens for the implantation of grafts? Did the Dr. provide you with any info regarding the density in the recipient area?

Thanks.

It was micro-motor FUE technique for the removal of the grafts and from what I recall I believe forceps to implant. I didn't actually ask about this prior and they were obviously above my line of sight so difficult to see what they were using but believe it was forceps rather than implanter pens. If you contact them ask Muzaffer (The guy that looks after you and deals with the customers) about it though as he'll be able to confirm.

As for the density, over my bald areas I received 1664 grafts and fortunately the majority of them contained 3-4 hairs and only a few containing 1-2.

I guess like everyone ideally i'd still prefer it to be more dense as in intense light you can still make out my scalp but considering other people tend to look at me in the eye rather than directly at my temples, for others to notice this minor issue I think would be quite uncommon.

I think at this point I can recommend Dr Demirsoy since it's been successful and I haven't seen any better results in this price band with just one session. I've seen better density elsewhere but they have generally been over the course of two sessions or doctors that are charging far far more.

If money is no object perhaps go with one of the more highly rated doctors since you only have a limited number of grafts on your head, but I can guarantee they do a good job and he's clearly one of the best cheaper options out there.

• 3 weeks later...

So very little difference if at all any from last month but managed to capture with better lighting this time. As I said before, generally people wouldnt notice unless they knew to look, but if they were to in good lighting you can see the close image shows how the recipient areas are thinner than the rest of my natural hair. Have to be really looking for it but this fact does limit the styles I can go for somewhat. 

If my receding hair continues behind the recipient areas I expect I may well go back to have them filled in along with the front thickened out slightly more since the best results i've seen have been over two sessions. I would say though that i'm comfortable and happy with the result ive ended up with as seen far far worse for more money but whatever the result, your always going to wish for the best outcome imaginable which is probably unrealistic.

20180706_131030.jpg

20180706_131058.jpg

Edited by wagnumpi