HT with Dr Erkan Demirsoy (1664 grafts)

wagnumpi

Hi,

I finally decided to bite the bullet and went with Dr Demirsoy on 20th December 2017. Although I was very nervous at first, Muzaffer who is the translator and organiser is a very calming character and kept me informed at all times so felt very comfortable and well looked after. The experience of it all I can't really fault at all so I wont bore people with the details as i'm sure you've heard it all before. Everything went very smoothly and only painful part i found was the injections in the donor area but this is only a very short part of the entire procedure so no real issue.

_CDE8045.thumb.jpg.1cc763302771a6fcc0077d9a39f7bc5c.jpg

_CDE8046.thumb.jpg.bac5ab3269c25ce47b1e7cbf8a127873.jpg

_CDE8048.thumb.jpg.64270affb7523e4f9ded163e3f0c9a4e.jpg

_CDE8049.thumb.jpg.371b65ca2c75ad2e7acd1d54d50f8093.jpg

I had the procedure done on Wednesday and it's now Friday. Over the next few days just need to carefully wash the donor area be careful around it. The swelling around the forehead has worsened but this explained that it could happen by Muzaffer and should calm down over next couple of days. Will post some more images once there is something to see.

Any questions welcome.

be5b2185-ac99-4960-9db7-cffd39172d00.thumb.jpg.3a6fe2d36306e49d0dc22e6177d3c5a3.jpg

29f0936a-1f08-4b10-8d2c-2709b6432dd8.thumb.jpg.5b93c6d66fb13228144c1175ae6747e1.jpg

I had the procedure done on Wednesday and it's now Friday. Over the next few days just need to carefully wash the donor area be careful around it. The swelling around the forehead has worsened but this explained that it could happen by Muzaffer and should calm down over next couple of days. Will post some more images once there is something to see.

Any questions welcome.

You'll be a little lumpy for maybe even a week, no biggie. My doc had me do warm compresses on the forehead and then massage the lumps outward.

Cheers for the "heads" up ;)

In all seriousness though good to know what to expect as swelling seems to be slowly travelling downward. Hopefully peaked now and they did say for people that have more grafts they recommend wearing a head band on and off to help with swelling but thought best to leave off with me as can prevent decent blood flow to the recipient area and since only 1664 grafts they didnt think was worth it. Will be sending them photos tomorrow so that they can check up on me so not concerned, just look a little like Sloth from the Goonies now which is quite comical...

Hi, price per graft still 1 euro??

1 euro 25 cents now. They have a set minimum price of 2500 euros and as I only required 1664 this is what it cost me, plus 250 euros for accommodation and transfers.

Still much cheaper than doing in the UK or Dr Erdogan in Turkey. Possibly could have been a safer bet to go with one of them instead but haven't managed to find anything negative about Dr Demirsoy and all the results i've found online have been good so hoping mine will be the same. The Doctor carries out the procedure rather than technicians which also sold it to me as I wouldn't personally allow someone unqualified to do the procedure.

You can tell this will be a good result.

OP can you keep this thread updated every 1-2 months?

And what's the size of the slit into your recipient area and size of the punch into your donor?

Fingers crossed your'e right and don't worry intend to. If it's a good result i'm more than happy to sing their praises as they made me feel very comfortable. Likewise if it's a car crash I'd want to warn people but don't think that will be the case going from my research.

Punch size was definitely 0.8mm as I have this written down and think slit size was 0.7mm but if that doesn't make sense I could be wrong. They did tell me but must admit I was nervous at the time so a lot of information was just going in one ear and out the other.

I do know that most the grafts contained 3-4 hairs with the others mostly containing 5 which is good but assumed that would be the case as my hair is very thick on the sides and back.

Will post some more pictures once past the initial looking after stage and then update throughout the year :)

Day 9 now and may be over panicking but recipient area is constantly scabbing up. My doctor has told me between day 7 and day ten I want to try and remove the scabs gently which I have been trying attempting to but not getting very far. I've been moisturising for several hours each day to soften them up and then using a gentle toothbrush to pull them off. Worried however that first day hardly anything came off, yesterday got more off but it was coming off in blobs that I thought could potentially be the grafts which is very worrying. Woke up this morning and my scalp in the recipient areas has gone all hard again scabbing up. Any advice welcome

Few! Got a little concerned as have been struggling to remove the scabs on day 7 and 8 but fortunately day nine they have come away quite easily when rinsing the lotion off. Will remove the last few bits tomorrow but almost past the hard part and the rest will be out of my hands so no point in stressing from this point onwards!

5b32f80fcaa7b_WhatsAppImage2017-12-29at2_47_53PM.thumb.jpg.dda6c421c744873780e44628c008fc4b.jpg

5b32f80fe6fe0_WhatsAppImage2017-12-29at2_48_04PM.thumb.jpg.5105611364b8affd5a46ef982b454bc3.jpg

Almost 2 weeks after surgery and all healed up. Couple marks left from the darker scabs and a little bit of redness in the recipient area but other than that, looking all good. The next phase of the hair falling out will be scary i'm sure although apparently this doesn't happen to everyone which I hope will be the case for me (although sounds as if unlikely).

Next post will be a bit further down the line either when the hair falls out or there's something significant to show.

20180102_102625.thumb.jpg.f7a8d5721d9705d485de79b9a0d9cbf6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So 24 days since surgery and starting to notice a significant amount of the hairs falling out. Can see clearly however that at least a couple of lone hairs are clearly growing straight away as they are just as long as the rest of my hair which is good sign I guess.

I've been on Finasteride for quite a while now, been taking Biotin since surgery and have just started the Minoxidil spray a couple days ago as instructed by the doctor. Said it was fine as long as not too red up there still which is calming down now so guess it's okay.

I know I mustn't use hot water on the area for at least two months (or sauna etc) but if there's any other advice people can give me to try and get a successful outcome i'd be very appreciative to hear!

20180113_080950.thumb.jpg.462081f1f810f9c30a62df87253002cb.jpg

20180113_080956.thumb.jpg.d95ee0b44c049737c6670cca5f6f1aec.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Any update pics?

I'll do some next weekend as it will be 2 months since surgery. To be honest, not really any change since last images but from what I understand that's completely normal.

I wont be seeing anything happen until at least month 3 at the earliest by the sounds of it but it is rather difficult to believe it will all grow back at the moment, even when you've seen plenty of other people go through exactly the same process.

Still keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a good result!

Any update pics?

I had some spare time and won't see any difference next week so here you go... :)

Just in case it weren't obvious in the original photo's, I was completely bald at the front half of the recipient areas so those long hairs growing there must be very healthy transplants. Hopefully it's a sign the rest will grow back well (fingers crossed!!!)

20180210_112838.thumb.jpg.c875e58b4b661e997cb53feb4728f415.jpg

20180210_113050.thumb.jpg.b38071585724f7618c970051817590a6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
If you are born in '81 and only had that kind of loss my layman expertise tells me you are probably as ideal a candidate anyone could be. Should be a fabolous result.

Happy growing!

That's what I thought. My hair everywhere else is also extremely thick so i'm hoping once they get going they'll look natural and I wont be limited on the hair styles I can go with... Everything is tightly crossed in the hope it works out!

Only two months and ten days in currently so very early days still but if i look extremely closely it looks like some hairs are sprouting that weren't there a couple weeks ago so that must be a good sign that things are at least happening. Even so, at this point it's still very difficult to believe it will grow back as well as people suggest it should as it only looks marginally better than before the procedure but as end results are miles off currently I need to just keep the faith...

• 2 weeks later...

Soon coming up to 3 months so thought post some further images. Nice to see there's hair growth in the areas and I fully understand it will thicken out but at this point still hard to believe it will end up looking like natural full'ish hair in those areas. Since people suggest they tend not to start growing until after month 3 however, guess so far it's a good result as my temples were completely bald before. My hair naturally grows left to right hence why one side looks pretty much covered and as it's getting longer it's harder to take an image of that side without the other hairs covering it.

Obviously the other side is more concerning for myself anyway since although don't want a comb over ideally, at least my natural hair automatically hides that side while the other it grows away from hence why i hope that fills out ideally but will have to wait and see by how much...

Will post further images next month.

20180310_110837.thumb.jpg.7901ff69a5e4b9ebc9cca5b63588fe32.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.db96291e7162c9cc8e047aff38940e01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So i've had to stop taking Finasteride as it was seriously affecting my sex drive (which fortunately has started to come back) and now the Minoxidil has caused health issues I can't live with so had to stop using as well. Therefore now just on the Biotin but i'm very much under the impression side effects from that are non-existent since just helps with speeding up hair growth.

Is good to see my hair is growing pretty quickly as can see some difference since last post just this month. Fingers crossed I will still get the growth spurt/filling out around months 6-9 like others have had even without the other medication.

20180326_094344.thumb.jpg.f360ffab64e2c64712b005bb70469668.jpg