HT with Dr Erkan Demirsoy (1664 grafts)

wagnumpi

Hi, hair is looking amazing man! ...What's the lotion you used beside the Sebamed shampoo? It's day 8 post op with Dr Demirsoy and I'm worried about the scab removal, they look pretty resilient. :/

It's called Bepanthol lotion. Apparently easily attainable in Germany (where most of his clients come from) but managed to buy off Amazon so no sweat. Had to soak for hours and hours with the stuff, and although they suggest brushing the scabs with a toothbrush to loosen them, had no affect whatsoever for me. They told me not to use any pressure down on the areas but only way I could remove them was putting an ever so slight pressure down and rubbing in a circular movement, eventually they came off... Think I just took everything they said completely literally but as English is Muzaffers third language, think the instruction was just not 100% clear so i was overly cautious the first couple of days trying to remove them

Thanks heaps man, 100% everything you've said, hahaha. I'm at the end of day 9 and I've been probably been way too cautious. Will go to town on lotion tomorrow and hopefully a clearer result! I had 1924 grafts to the same area.

3 hours ago, admc said:

Thanks heaps man, 100% everything you've said, hahaha. I'm at the end of day 9 and I've been probably been way too cautious. Will go to town on lotion tomorrow and hopefully a clearer result! I had 1924 grafts to the same area.

No worries, any pics so far? What you have to look forward to! Not becoming any denser now but as the new hairs are similar length to the rest, they tend to flow with the rest of the hair better so less noticeable once again. Like said before, if you were looking for it you could probably tell, otherwise no one would know really!20180719_204533.thumb.jpg.5dca2cf343e98415ef59e19fc3f6b937.jpg20180719_204536.thumb.jpg.7c184cd3aa77d1f08cbf8a0a2b988bbe.jpg

I can’t wait for that result! Albeit my hair is not as dense as yours unfortunately, so fingers crossed anyway for the same results! .. Muzzafer said that I was really lucky as most of my follicles were 2-3 hairs each. What did he say to you? Haha.. 

I managed to remove all my scabs in a day, coconut oil worked a charm. I’m scared of the ugly duckling phase coming up. Fortunately it’s really cold here so I’ll wear a beanie 24/7! 

Were you taking the proscar branded finasteride? I’ve been taking it for about 6 weeks with no sides.

87CC777B-9572-464E-8B5E-3A34A43E84E2.jpeg

C355AAA9-A46C-4290-92DA-CA8DF0041902.jpeg

On 7/21/2018 at 2:13 AM, admc said:

I can’t wait for that result! Albeit my hair is not as dense as yours unfortunately, so fingers crossed anyway for the same results! .. Muzzafer said that I was really lucky as most of my follicles were 2-3 hairs each. What did he say to you? Haha.. 

I managed to remove all my scabs in a day, coconut oil worked a charm. I’m scared of the ugly duckling phase coming up. Fortunately it’s really cold here so I’ll wear a beanie 24/7! 

Were you taking the proscar branded finasteride? I’ve been taking it for about 6 weeks with no sides.

87CC777B-9572-464E-8B5E-3A34A43E84E2.jpeg

C355AAA9-A46C-4290-92DA-CA8DF0041902.jpeg

Hopefully you can carry on with the Finasteride without any side affects. With myself think i just got the standard stuff as bought from online chemist and went with cheapest option as people were saying no difference in products... My sex drive werent' affected until about 2 months into taking it as guess like most stuff, it takes time to build up in your system. I had to stop taking it though as just didnt feel the same any longer and without a sex drive, life can become a little dull.

With regards to my grafts, think Muzaffer suggested most of mine were 2-4 follicles in each so similar to yours. All depends on how well they are looked after though as well and a lot of them wont survive as thats just the way it is. I didnt do everything perfectly so there's a chance yours could end up with an even better result!

Good luck and hope you get the result your looking for. Be surprised how many little steps you'll have which give you hope, even now when it's not getting any denser, it still is improving just with the hair catching up in length with the rest so it flows better with it all... It's a good feeling :)

• 2 weeks later...

Month 8 and it's just getting easier and easier to style without it looking slightly dodgy in certain lights... As time passes just become more and more pleased with the result ☺️

20180803_161934.thumb.jpg.cb09e94ed3303a26bde28506fd74d640.jpg20180803_161939.thumb.jpg.c33c974a0540b14a1913b63c7789f0c0.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wagnumpi said:

Month 8 and it's just getting easier and easier to style without it looking slightly dodgy in certain lights... As time passes just become more and more pleased with the result ☺️

20180803_161934.thumb.jpg.cb09e94ed3303a26bde28506fd74d640.jpg20180803_161939.thumb.jpg.c33c974a0540b14a1913b63c7789f0c0.jpg

wow! amazing results, if mine turn out as good I'll be so happy. Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You only needed some hair on your front sides so you are lucky but now your hair could be seen on a TV spot of shampoo. ;)

And yes, finasteride side effects also downgrade my sexual life, as I have always said, and that is really bad, but everyone insists that I should keep using it...?

Didn't someone mention that some people use finasteride topically?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using Minoxidil for about a month now and my scalp is not happy about it. Did you stop using it due to side effects? I was thinking of perhaps changing to the foam as apparently it does not leave residue, so it doesn't look like dandruff/early post op scabbing. I use the Nizoral shampoo but I'd rather not have a permanent scab removal life, haha.

However I've got a decent amount of hair coming through now, and more little ones I can see shooting which is awesome!

Amazing Results

It really looks good, i think the fact you never went for a lowering of the hairline also helped produce a great natural result.

@admc Any updates?  Have you got your own thread?

I am seriously considering Dr Erkan.  I got a quote from Dr Endrogen (Asmed) however it seemed like he wanted to use a vast amount of grafts for such a small area.

Edited by markymarc123

1 hour ago, markymarc123 said:

Amazing Results @literalno

It really looks good, i think the fact you never went for a lowering of the hairline also helped produce a great natural result.

@admc Any updates?  Have you got your own thread?

I am seriously considering Dr Erkan.  I got a quote from Dr Endrogen (Asmed) however it seemed like he wanted to use a vast amount of grafts for such a small area.

I also got an insane quote from Dr.Erdogan (4500-5000), while Dr. Demirsoy assured it would be enough to put 3000-3500 to achieve high density. I already made a reservation and will come over to them this November. Will keep everyone posted ;).

Result hasn't improved since last posts but do have a new phone with a much better camera so it may look as if things are a little worse due to the better fidelity. At least it's easier for you guys to get a better representation of how thick it actually is.

20180910_175658.jpg

20180910_175710.jpg

On 8/3/2018 at 11:25 AM, wagnumpi said:

What's dodgy about this? The doc did a great job.

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

4 hours ago, wagnumpi said:

Result hasn't improved since last posts but do have a new phone with a much better camera so it may look as if things are a little worse due to the better fidelity. At least it's easier for you guys to get a better representation of how thick it actually is.

20180910_175658.jpg

20180910_175710.jpg

Congrats man! Looks like a great result so far, you still have an additional 4-10 months more improvements if there will be any!

Curious, What is your age?

• 1 month later...

This will be my last post as it's been coming on 11 months now so won't see any improvement.

It's been a great success and better result than I expected. Only two minor issues which are firstly, my hair is stubborn with the direction it grows out of my scalp and so on one side the grafts point a different direction to the real hair so i have to tease it into flowing with the rest. Far better than having bald patches though! 

Second issue i've mentioned before but it's when i stand under intense light it lights up the scalp as the density isn't as high as my natural hair. In normal situations this isn't noticeable however so these two minor grumbles are nothing serious.

With this in mind, Dr Demirsoy is highly recommended as he's made a world of difference to my confidence for relatively little cost in comparison to other options with similar results!  20181102_145027.thumb.jpg.67c5f0148248e79eea97105c17a9dca0.jpg20181102_145016.thumb.jpg.2e790c98d151f880960f0396ffb58955.jpg

Edited by wagnumpi

Solid results, gives me hope fro my front hairline using up as little grafts as 1600. Makes 2500-3500 grafts go a LONG way.

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

12 hours ago, HairGone29 said:

do you have crown and donor pics?

I can do some if you want me to but my hair is so thick, the donor areas have looked normal since about month 3. If I had my hair really short in those areas it may be an issue but haven't had it cut very short since the surgery. Never had any balding on my Crown either so would just be pictures of thick hair... If you want to see though happy to take some. 

Wow!! Demirsoy did an incredible job! I was super impressed with your day 1 pics of the recipient area. It looked amazing. 

One can only hope for results that you got.

so far demirsoy seems like one of the best choices out there. Best bang for the buck.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, admc said:

Not sure if you're still here, but I wonder if you're 'back to normal' after stopping the use of the Finasteride? I'm having the same issues.

Funny, was just thinking about this site earlier this morning as haven't been on here in ages... Yeah i'm back to normal. I understand some peoples sex drives take quite some time to come back and in rare cases don't fully revert but for myself fortunately it only took about a month after stopping taking it.

Hairs still going strong currently without the finasteride (they suggest to keep taking as most likely will fall back out) but so far doesn't appear to be...

20190404_110546.thumb.jpg.971a36c0c202c67f128670448f4990e9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BjornBorg said:

Wow!

That picture is taken in flattering light as if you're really looking for it in certain lights you can still tell i've had it done, but yeah have been very fortunate to end up with a good result, and for the money i can't fault Dr Demirsoy's work :)