Dr. Hasson /1310 Grafts/ FUE/ 18 Months post-op

This Vancouver area patient in his 30’s was bothered by the thinning of his hairline, particularly in the corners. He wanted the option to wear his hair very short on the sides and back which influenced his decision to choose FUE as the method of extraction. The game plan was to reconstruct the hairline at it’s existing location in addition to reducing the temporal angles. Very pleased with the outcome, he came back in 18 months post-op to show Dr. Hasson his result. 1310 grafts via FUE were used of which 184 were single hair grafts, 677 doubles and 449 were 3-4 hair grafts. A 0.8 mm punch was used.

sk-drh-1310-fue-before-after-front.jpg

sk-drh-1310-fue-before-after-front-close.jpg

sk-drh-1310-fue-before-after-front-tilt.jpg

sk-drh-1310-fue-before-after-left.jpg

sk-drh-1310-fue-before-after-right.jpg

sk-drh-1310-fue-before-after-right-close.jpg

sk-drh-1310-fue-before-after-right-profile.jpg

sk-drh-1310-fue-back.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Agree - as a long-time balding guy these cases piss me off!

But consultants gonna' consult in this forum 'cause a steady stream of non-balding dudes into their clinic is job security.

Frankly, I don't believe they should be posting these types of surgery here. But my opinion doesn't matter.

Thanks for the input guys. I can understand your take on these types of cases. For those with more extensive hair loss, it is easy to conclude these patients with minimal loss should not be concerned about their hair. But just like those of us with more loss, these patients too are adversely affected by what seems like inconsequential loss. For some, a receding and miniaturized hairline is not an issue. For others, as odd it may seem, this small amount of loss bothers them daily and adversely affects their lives. In these instances , it is not for us to determine what amount of hair loss should affect how a patient feels about oneself. It is however for us to offer a solution if it does not place the patient in any unenviable position now or in the future.

Cheddar:

If you recall a previous post, this was also discussed and my response included the following:

"Just this small amount of work, while it was not game-changing, has created a nice polished framing. Prior to the procedure, he could not grow his hair out particularly in his hairline and style it without exposing some weakness in the corners. Perhaps most importantly, the patient was bothered by this and now is very happy. In years past when a patient would come to the clinic with minimal loss in the hairline, the doctors would suggest the hair looked fine and advise to wait until it gets worse. The doctors, of course, would get excited about seeing a stage 5-6 that they could completely transform and change the life of rather than a stage 2-3 with some minor hairline deficiencies. What they came to find out over the years was that these patients with minimal hair loss were extremely bothered by it and as happy with their results as the patients who were once stage 6’s who looked 10 years younger after a procedure. Because we can achieve a very natural looking hairline, these small cases are worthwhile in many instances".

You can see the previous post here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187881-dr-wong-1267-grafts-fue-hairline-temples-months-post-op.html

jjsrader:

Your opinion does matter. So does the opinion of this patient and others like him. For many, these cases are relevant and useful.

It is easy for us to feel someone with this much hair should not be complaining when “we” would love to have his head of hair, but we must consider his perspective. Also, I’m sure it’s possible you have something he wishes he had:)

Thank you all for your comments and feedback. On behalf of Hasson and Wong, Happy Holidays!

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

from someone who also suffers from extensive hair loss, I understand others' comments here about people with much less advanced cases of MPB, but if the techniques are so refined today that someone believes they can benefit from a small procedure, why shouldn't they? it only speaks to how much advancement HT surgery has made over the last few decades for there to be such natural and undetectable results even in small cases such as this one. This patient looked good before, and looks better afterwards - not worse! Congrats to H&W

Hey! I'm just full of hair envy - so ranting against these cases (which I admit are well done) is therapeutic.

It's just difficult to see such great initial heads of hair and not be envious of these 'touch/top up' final results.

Cheers!

Edited by jjsrader

Hey! I'm just full of hair envy - so ranting against these cases (which I admit are well done) is therapeautic.

It's just difficult to see such great initial heads of hair and not be envious of these 'touch/top up' final results.

Cheers!

Agreed - I wish I had his head of hair as well!

While I don't think this guy needed any work, it's down to the individuals perception of themselves. If it improves his confidence and appearance, it's money well spent.

Very neat work. I'm amazed at how some surgeons can leave the head very neat and clean, while some others look very messy post op.

I like this result, I think its very well done, and while I agree, its not easy to spot the before/after difference, I imagine the difference to the individual in question is like night and day. While I can understand the guys with aggressive hairloss being somewhat dismayed at those with heads of hair they would be thrilled with getting work done, there are a few thing to bear in mind:

1) Hairloss is a very personal/individual thing - sometimes severe MPB has no effect on an individual i.e. Jason Statham, and sometimes mild thinning/recession can be mentally crippling. So "need" is very subjective - nobody is going to die if they don't get it done.

2) The guy in question has gone through considerable time and expense to achieve the result, I don't think a HT is something anybody does on a whim, so it must have bothered him a lot to go through it all

3) The work looks ethical - the guy isn't 20 and the hairline hans't been lowered significantly to what he had as a kid, it's effectively fixing a mature hairline in place for the rest of the guys life, we all know how much mental energy a creeping hairline exhausts, so well worth doing this

I was a similar case to this, albeit slightly more receded and slightly more thinned in the front, and had the same type of procedure i.e. essentially fixing my hairline in place with nothing placed more than a few millimetres away from my existing mature/whispy hairline. I'm thrilled with my result.

Its great that HT's are now in a place where guys at all stages can benefit, I'm actually jealous of the guys who are NW5/6/7, while they maybe can't get the very best end result per se, they get the biggest change from baseline, so they are very lucky in that respect.

Great Result. I'm looking to do a relatively small FUE procedure in 3-4 years if my hairloss is stabilized on finastiride an Dutastiride.

Seems like Hasson and Wong and Konrior are probably the top FUE surgeons in my opinion from looking at results on this website.

Do you have any photos of the graft placement immediately after the surgery?

• 3 weeks later...