Taking MSM After a Hair Transplant ?

MSM is Methylsulphonylmethane. You can buy it in health shops that sell supplements. Anecdotal evidence (including my own experience) shows that it can cause hair to grow faster, so this would make it useful to take after an HT for obvious reasons.

I used to take it many years ago, before I had hairloss worries, and I noticed that my hair seemed to grow faster. That was without knowing that this could be an effect, so I see it as good evidence that it works.

Don't expect miracles, but it's cheap and safe and therefore worth trying.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

MSM is Methylsulphonylmethane. You can buy it in health shops that sell supplements. Anecdotal evidence (including my own experience) shows that it can cause hair to grow faster, so this would make it useful to take after an HT for obvious reasons.

I used to take it many years ago, before I had hairloss worries, and I noticed that my hair seemed to grow faster. That was without knowing that this could be an effect, so I see it as good evidence that it works.

Don't expect miracles, but it's cheap and safe and therefore worth trying.

What name/Brand is it sold with in the International Market ?

It's sold as MSM under different brands. Often health stores have their own label, for example Holland & Barrett in the UK. I see you're in Germany - if you go into whatever the big German chain health store is, I would almost guarantee that you'll find MSM on the shelves without a problem.

It's sold as MSM under different brands. Often health stores have their own label, for example Holland & Barrett in the UK. I see you're in Germany - if you go into whatever the big German chain health store is, I would almost guarantee that you'll find MSM on the shelves without a problem.

is it an Oral medication or something that you can spray on your hair like Minoxidil ?

Matt, being someone based in the UK, do you recommend any particular brand?

Jooey,

When we recommend MSM it is in order for your hair to grow longer, faster but it is not intended to help with the early growth of any grafts placed from one of our procedures. Faster and longer growth of your native hair helps you to hide and camouflage any hair length differences due to the procedure more effectively and more quickly. MSM is typically found in pill form at any health food store in most any country. It is very inexpensive as well. You can routinely find it combined with Biotin, which is another very safe and mild ingredient. You will also notice your nails growing faster and your skin might improve as well.

Dr Lupanzula E.

MeDiKemos Hair Transplantation

Dr. Emorane Lupanzula is recommended on Hair Transplant Network

Email: info@medikemos.com

Telephone: + 32 2 535 55 40

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation

Jooey,

When we recommend MSM it is in order for your hair to grow longer, faster but it is not intended to help with the early growth of any grafts placed from one of our procedures. Faster and longer growth of your native hair helps you to hide and camouflage any hair length differences due to the procedure more effectively and more quickly. MSM is typically found in pill form at any health food store in most any country. It is very inexpensive as well. You can routinely find it combined with Biotin, which is another very safe and mild ingredient. You will also notice your nails growing faster and your skin might improve as well.

Dear Dr.Lupunzula,

Thank you for your input on this, If I may also ask you, any particular amount of dosage that you recommend taking per day to your patients after a HT ?

Thanks

I agree that we aren't necessarily talking about early growth, but assuming it works then any transplanted hairs (as well as native hairs cut down for the procedure) will grow faster, leading to the overall cosmetic improvement being seen sooner.

Matt, being someone based in the UK, do you recommend any particular brand?

I got mine from Holland & Barrett. I did a quick search and they're currently ?8.99 for 120 x 750mg. It might be worth checking Boots.