2000 FUT & FUE with Dr. Jerry Cooley

HTREGRETS

After getting a hair cut today and deciding to do a 2.5 month update, I was feeling pretty depressed overall about my transplant and wondering if things are on track. I saw your comment on my thread and went to look through your story.... and WOW! At 2 months, you donor area, transplant and electrolysis looked just like mine! Amazing results at 7 months and gave me a lot of hope for my own results. Time to move on with life for sure, I hope to get to that point as well, thank you for posting your results.

Edited by Speran28

20 hours ago, Speran28 said:

After getting a hair cut today and deciding to do a 2.5 month update, I was feeling pretty depressed overall about my transplant and wondering if things are on track. I saw your comment on my thread and went to look through your story.... and WOW! At 2 months, you donor area, transplant and electrolysis looked just like mine! Amazing results at 7 months and gave me a lot of hope for my own results. Time to move on with life for sure, I hope to get to that point as well, thank you for posting your results.

2.5 months is way too early and unrealistic; give it time..right now your expectations are your worst enemy.. distract yourself for a few months (easier said than done)

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

Thank you for your detailed updates. I've visited Dr. Cooleys Office 2 times over the last 5 years & made the decision that at some time I would have a procedure & his Office would handle it. My reservations, other than cost of course, is how long I'd have to stay out of work where people didn't notice I'd had a hair procedure (I'm a Contractor & deal with customers on a daily basis). I've now reached the time to go ahead so plan on calling Dr. Cooley's Office and making my appointment. 

39 minutes ago, radar said:

Thank you for your detailed updates. I've visited Dr. Cooleys Office 2 times over the last 5 years & made the decision that at some time I would have a procedure & his Office would handle it. My reservations, other than cost of course, is how long I'd have to stay out of work where people didn't notice I'd had a hair procedure (I'm a Contractor & deal with customers on a daily basis). I've now reached the time to go ahead so plan on calling Dr. Cooley's Office and making my appointment. 

Good choice, I'm at 1 month post op. Very happy with Dr Cooley and his staff. 

Edited by Regs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

8.5 Month Update

Fresh out of a haircut, I figured I'd give an update with my progress.  Words really can't explain how happy I am with my procedure with Dr. Cooley.  Life-changing is an understatement.  Being a long time repair patient, I finally feel like myself again. 

Once again, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  I don't have any product in my hair.  My hair actually looks a little better than this when I wash it with volumizing shampoo, and style it with hairspray.  But I figured I would give everyone a realistic look at my hair un-styled.

I was very critical of the scar healing, but as you can tell, it's pretty much a non-issue now.  I can probably go shorter, but don't feel the need to.  To answer a few questions, I don't take minox, but take brand name Propecia religiously, and have been doing so since I was 19. 

I honestly have better hair now, than I did during my senior year of high school.  The feeling is incredible!  Thank you Dr. Cooley!!!!

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

• Administrators

The pictures speak for themselves, Im glad it worked out for you. I remember you being skeptical about having surgery, but given a choice would you have opted for surgery or to shave your head? If you could go back in time?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You appear to be a walking billboard for how good an elite restoration can be, especially with a surgeon excellent at both FUT and FUE.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 4 months later...

Update. I just started living my life and not worrying about hair so I forgot about this thread. These are pics at the worst possible angle, but I'm very happy. Could use a tiny bit more but it's good enough and the scar is way way better (although I still want to get it filled in)

20190119_084646.jpg

20190119_084633.jpg

20190119_084623.jpg

On 1/19/2019 at 9:18 AM, Speran28 said:

Update. I just started living my life and not worrying about hair so I forgot about this thread. These are pics at the worst possible angle, but I'm very happy. Could use a tiny bit more but it's good enough and the scar is way way better (although I still want to get it filled in)

20190119_084646.jpg

20190119_084633.jpg

20190119_084623.jpg

@Speran28 I think you placed this in the wrong thread? 

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

• 2 weeks later...

Month 13+ Update!

Sorry for the very late update everyone, I've been busy enjoying life with a new head of hair!

The hair has continued to thicken up and mature thru the 12 month mark.  Also, the scar has continued to heal, and is really a non-issue now.

These pics are from yesterday, under harsh bathroom light, with a little hairspray in.  This is how I style my hair everyday.  Only takes about 30 seconds - love it!

Per usual, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  This is about one week out from a haircut.  I'm sure I could cram some extra grafts in there, but no need to get greedy.

I can't thank Ailene and Dr. Cooley's office enough!  As previously stated, I was a disgruntled repair patient, and was very skeptical of the procedure.  I never thought I could ever have hair like this, but Dr. Cooley worked his magic!

I'm heading back to Dr. Cooley's office next month for a complimentary post procedure follow up visit.  I'll try to post pics if he takes them.  Otherwise, this will be my last update.

Thank you to everyone and to this forum for your support!  And good luck to all who are pursuing this procedure.  I personally would not let anyone besides Dr. Cooley ever touch my head.

IMG_4375.JPG.png

IMG_4376.JPG.png

IMG_4377.JPG.png

IMG_4378.JPG.png

IMG_4379.JPG.png

IMG_4380.JPG.png

IMG_4381.JPG.png

IMG_4383.JPG.png

IMG_4384 (2).JPG

IMG_4387 (2).JPG

IMG_4390 (2).JPG

IMG_4374.JPG.png

• Like 1

• Administrators

I still remember when you came to the forum to share your story, now to see you repaired and happy is a great feeling. This is why forums like this are so important.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.