5,200 Graft HT (2 surgeries) | Dr. Bloxham | Feller & Bloxham, NY, NYC, LI, NJ, PA

One of the most common requests I receive at the office is: "Doc, I want to cover 'everything.'"

In other words, patients want to try and cover from hairline to full crown in one procedure. And while this is possible for some patients -- and I have done it before -- it's usually not the best/most realistic approach for most.

Instead, I usually tell patients the best way to really knock "everything" out is in two procedures: one FUT mega-session to rebuild the hairline, densely pack the frontal scalp, and strategically fill the mid-scalp (past the "horizon"); and a second FUT to really do the crown correctly and feather up into the mid-scalp. I particularly like doing this method because a true "crown surgery" really deserves it's own day and a good graft number. I've also found that the FUT scar usually heals roughly the same between surgery 1 and 2, so you get total coverage with very minimal damage in the back and lots of donor left to address any issues in the future -- including some non-strip surgery to camouflage the scar further if the patient wants to go shorter on the sides later on.

And that's precisely what this patient did:

The patient is a male in his 50's with advanced NW level V-VI hair loss. We planned for two FUT procedures as described above. The first was a 3,200 graft HT aimed at the frontal and mid-scalp.

Here are his results from that surgery:

1079_5900_card.jpg

1085_5905_card.jpg

1071_5895_card.jpg

1074_5908_card.jpg

scar_card.jpg

And here are his immediate post-operate results from the second surgery -- 2,000 grafts to the crown:

surg_2_number_1_card.jpg

surg_2_number_2_card.jpg

And here is a video with more pictures, explanations, and some detailed "comb-through" footage. I highly encourage all members to watch:

Thanks for reading. Look forward to comments and questions.

Dr. Blake Bloxham

Feller & Bloxham Medical, PC

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Wow, he must look like a new man!

Hairthere,

He absolutely does. Worked very well for him and happy to be a part of his transformation.

Thanks for viewing and commenting.

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Nice job :cool:

Thanks, Spex.