Bidding You All a Fond Farewell as Moderator

Just wanted to take a moment to notify the community that I've decided to resign as forum moderator and assistant publisher of HTN after 7 and a half great years. This move was not one that I took lightly. It's been a long time coming and I felt the time was finally right to step away and explore other avenues.

On parting, I'd like to express my gratitude to Pat and Bill, not only for taking a chance on me all those years ago, but for their continued support, kindness and generosity even as I expressed a desire to leave.

One of the things I've found toughest about this job is facing the occasional suspicion and criticism from members (and I don't blame them for being cautious) who doubt your motives or sincerity. If you guys could see the passion and dedication to patient advocacy that goes on behind the scenes and is the heart of this community, I think you'd really be impressed. I know that when I first come here, I found the environment to be the friendliest and most educational and this is a testament not only to administrators but also to the phenomenal group of regulars that contribute every day.

I'm not leaving entirely. I'll be here off and on to share my knowledge and experience but this account will be retired. I will eventually create a new one.

Thanks to all of you that make this the best hair loss community on the Web! It's been a pleasure serving you.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congrats on a job well done and all the best to you.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

David,

Though we've talked on the phone, through email and through text, you know that both Pat and I will miss you and all your contributions. Of course, we do hope you stick around and post as a regular member to occasionally (or even often) share your wit and wisdom with the community. You've done a tremendous job over the years and we truly thank you for everything. You've been a real Godsend to me, making my job easier so I can step back and work on other projects. It will not be easy to find someone who can replace you, but I know we have some excellent members who may be interested in moderating and learning from all that you've done over the years.

Thanks again for everything and please stay in touch :-).

Bill

David,

You have been a very valuable asset for this Forum. Always found you to be knowledgeable, sincere, honest and caring. You will be sorely missed. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I hate to hear this, but wish you nothing but success and happiness in your next chapter. You've always been a positive, steady voice around here and have played a huge role in making this the place that it is.

My sincerest thanks, and Happy Holidays!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

All the best buddy. I don't post much here anymore(have gone back to school and enjoying my time) but I remember how supportive, sympathetic and compassionate you were to me during my hard times. I'll never forget that and I thank you. You did a great job here and you should be very proud.

• Administrators

Farewell David,

I have always found you to be a patient advocate first and foremost above all, HRN will be losing a great moderator, I wish you the best in your future endeavors, I’ve also pretty much retired from posting, but just had to give you the farewell you deserve all the best.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for all the help and support over the years my friend! I consider you to be one of the "good guys" that I've had the pleasure of getting to know a bit in the industry. Best of luck in whatever you continue to do!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for the very kind words guys! I've enjoyed my time as moderator and plan to be back contributing from a new account soon. Just want to take a break for a while.

All the best!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

David

I just read this and sorry you are leaving. Your contributions are everlasting and will remain on this forum whether you are involved or not. When you have a passion for helping people and hair transplants at time it can get overwhelming as you start to absorb everything. I completely understand why a break is needed.

Wish you luck and hope you are back soon!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

You have been an asset to the forum David and will be missed for sure around here, like others I have just been too busy to post recently but intend to get back on the forum more.

Good luck to you with what you are doing next.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

• 9 months later...