2,500 FUE grafts with Dr. Cooley (11/27/17)

buzzbee

jcs87: No itchiness so far which I'm surprised at. The only area that was ever itchy was the donor area. That was fairly itchy early on but no longer. Don't think I had any numbness whatsoever other than possibly immediately after the surgery. The only pain I had was in the donor area but that went away within 7-10 days. Based on the comments everyone seems to think the progress is going well including my dr's office and I think a lot of that is of course due to Dr. Cooley's and his staff's expertise as well as my following the post-op protocol to the T.

That's great to hear, glad things are moving along smoothly for you.

Per Matt's comment, have you had any pimples, ingrown hairs, etc?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey buddy, we had surgery on the same day and i'm seeing some hairs sprouting already. I've been using rogaine foam and 5000mg biotin daily. Are you supplementing with meds as well? If not it definitely couldn't hurt. Then again, what do i know i'm not a doctor.. Or your doctor for that matter.

• 2 weeks later...
Not the best photos. Harder to take now that I've grown my existing hair longer.

But you can see that the "new" hair is still stubble sized. But there may be more than meets the eye...

Here they come..!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks jcs87! BTW, have you taken the plunge yet?

Yep, I did 2,500 FUT in late Feb so I'm just a little bit behind you and HT Regets and UKLad (I haven't created a thread yet though). It'll be fun to see our little Cooley cohort develop as 2018 progresses.

Buzzbee,

Thanks for keeping this topic up to date with regular photos showcasing your hair transplant progress. As others have already stated and suggested, everything looks like it should for only four months after the procedure. I’m glad you have been receiving support and help from our community as your hair transplant experience progresses and comes to fruition. Of course, you have a lot of growth and sickening to come before anyone can refer to your case as a hair transplant result.

Please continue sharing your photos, asking questions and participating on this and other topics as you progress and we will be here alongside of you the whole way.

Best wishes,

Bill

I think its all looking as it should for month 4. The coming months should be very exciting for you!!

How do you feel things are going?

Hey UKLad81! Thanks for the kind words. I feel things are going pretty much on schedule. I think we all want immediate results and are humbled along the way but if we went to the right surgeon (which we both did) and followed our post-op protocol to the T (which we also both did) then it's out of our hands and I think we'll both be happy. Took quite a while to get to 4 months, but I remind myself that I'm only 33% down this journey and the next 4 months is where the results generally happen.

How about you?

Buzzbee,

Thanks for keeping this topic up to date with regular photos showcasing your hair transplant progress. As others have already stated and suggested, everything looks like it should for only four months after the procedure. I’m glad you have been receiving support and help from our community as your hair transplant experience progresses and comes to fruition. Of course, you have a lot of growth and sickening to come before anyone can refer to your case as a hair transplant result.

Please continue sharing your photos, asking questions and participating on this and other topics as you progress and we will be here alongside of you the whole way.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill! Yeah this forum has definitely been helpful and a good sounding board as well as a good place to get answers. I think/hope you made a typo when you wrote:

"Of course, you have a lot of growth and sickening to come before anyone can refer to your case as a hair transplant result."

Did you mean strengthening or lengthening?

• 2 weeks later...

Things are definitely looking better and I've grown my "old" hair out pretty long. Still tough to differentiate between the "new" and "old" hair. But I'm seeing growth where I previously didn't have any. Also the frontal side areas have filled in pretty nicely, but the front is still sparse.

There's still a lot of stubble sized hair and also "see through" hair which you can see in the photos. Dr; Cooley suggested lightly tweezing out any of the stubble and if it comes out effortlessly, then it was meant to come out and the new hair will replace it. If it doesn’t, then leave it and should start growing.

So I did that for some of the small hair and they came out effortlessly. I'm going to wait to hear next steps from him, but has anyone experienced that? I did see some forum posts from other websites so I won't link them here.

Also, thoughts on the new photos? (for the full set click on "My Hair Loss Website" below)

I'm not too worried about any of this as I know the "real" results tend to show between the 6-8 month range and having a mini Elvis bouffant already is kinda cool:) even if most of it is my old hair mixed in and supported by the new.

415a.thumb.jpg.75c7fab40b02a2b62c07fa5a6acf3928.jpg

415b.thumb.jpg.36a1eb516e4b3dcff4b5bdeafb8f1900.jpg

415c.thumb.jpg.722ec7d19a6d73810c9649efa6e8503e.jpg

415g.thumb.jpg.2f3a135f2b5858b7a3d33c8f0005630c.jpg

Edited by buzzbee

i posted a similar question in a recent thread. At about 3 months post HT, i noticed what i referred to as a "2nd shed"...i started getting alot of stubble in the shampoo after a wash, as well as fall out in the sink from running my fingers thru my hair....and i still am at 4 months. Turns out its a GOOD thing. My take on it is, these new transplants are spitting out these small follicles that are in a resting phase to make room for the new permanent hair about to grow. You will start seeing more growth.

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

i posted a similar question in a recent thread. At about 3 months post HT, i noticed what i referred to as a "2nd shed"...i started getting alot of stubble in the shampoo after a wash, as well as fall out in the sink from running my fingers thru my hair....and i still am at 4 months. Turns out its a GOOD thing. My take on it is, these new transplants are spitting out these small follicles that are in a resting phase to make room for the new permanent hair about to grow. You will start seeing more growth.

Thanks Matty. Did you pull out any of the stubble with tweezers? Also, did the hair come out with a normal wash or did you vigorously rub the area?

Thanks Matty. Did you pull out any of the stubble with tweezers? Also, did the hair come out with a normal wash or did you vigorously rub the area?

No i never pulled any out with tweezers...seems to risky for me lol..but yeah every time i shampoo there are tiny hairs in the suds...my native hair is over 2" long so i know its the transplants continuously releasing small hairs in the resting phase bc they are ready to sprout new permanent hair.....funny i never read anything about this in all my research, no one talks about this.

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

Thanks Matty. I've been told to pull them out by Dr. Cooley, which I'm doing, but it's very tough as some of the stubble is extremely small. But they come right out. I was definitely apprehensive about doing so but if they come right out as Dr. Cooley says, they were meant to come out. Also, my "new" hair is about 2 inches long and the stubble is maybe 1-2 mm, so they definitely need to go. I've read about guys who are in month 9 with stubble and I don't want to be that guy as it's just preventing the new hair from growing. But unfortunately I can only pull out so much as it's a forest of hair...

Washing my hair vigorously is also supposed to make them fall out, but they're so small it's hard to know. But overall I'm pleased with where I'm at and I've seen a lot of growth that haven't been reflected in the photos, so I'm looking forward to posting my 5 month photos soon.

Edited by buzzbee