3500 Scheduled with Dr. Cinik 12/12

lukeyb1687

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 5:22 PM, lukeyb1687 said:

Hi @sharmaarya did you have a question? Looks like you requoted another user but I don't see anything else. If I can help please let me know :)

Hi Luke,

Maybe @sharmaarya is referring to small opennes on the top of your hair on the above picture. btw, from which month is this photo?

Hi @alex79,

That's what I was thinking but it was addressed in the forum earlier, so was a little confused as there was no follow up from it. This was taken around the 7 1/2 month mark, as far as I can tell this filled in, but my hair is much longer than then lol. 

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

Here are my results at just over 16 months. Loving that I can style my hair many different ways, now I just need to figure out how to do so haha!!

20190421_144438.jpg

20190421_144433.jpg

20190421_144432.jpg

20190421_144436.jpg

20190421_144435.jpg

Follow my progress:

Looks great luke .. but since u are a good looking guy with minimal hair loss ..n ur transplant turned out great . U should consider getting  the temporal points done .. n really accentuate ur good looks  n frame ur face . Making the forehead not as wide n perpendicular to ur jawline. I have the same face feature as u n consider doing this also .. 

Thanks Legend, I've considered going straighter with the temporal points, and maybe in the future I will. I want to wait a few years and assess any potential further hairloss and see. :)

Follow my progress:

Hi Luke. Thanks so much for your detailed and honest review. It's helped me select my clinic, and therefore by extension help me turn my life around. I've recently contacted a few clinics including Dr. Cinik. I asked Cinik's office if he performs any part of the procedure for the basic package and they said he doesn't. But you seemed to say you paid for the basic package and that he performed different parts of yours. Do you know why this was the case?

My full post is here. Thanks and congratulations on your amazing results. Your hair looks fantastic.

Hi @wheredidmyfolliclesgo,

I'm not sure as to why Dr. Cinik was so deeply involved in mine in comparison to others. But if there is an option to have him do it I would highly recommend doing that. 

Thanks for checking out my results, your in a simmilar position (although you had more hair in the frontal third) that I was in. Aim for the higher amount if possible as it will keep with the consistency of your thick hair.

Follow my progress:

We are (or were) in similar positions. Our facial frames our similar too, so your story is very helpful for me. The tough part is graft count. If they only do 2000-2500 grafts, I could go to a 1€ per-graft clinic like Dr. Kul where the doc only does one patient a day and is more involved. But if I end up needing more when I get in, I could be in the hole for another thousand euros.

2 hours ago, wheredidmyfolliclesgo said:

We are (or were) in similar positions. Our facial frames our similar too, so your story is very helpful for me. The tough part is graft count. If they only do 2000-2500 grafts, I could go to a 1€ per-graft clinic like Dr. Kul where the doc only does one patient a day and is more involved. But if I end up needing more when I get in, I could be in the hole for another thousand euros.

This advice is universal:

Be careful of making life altering decisions over 1000 euros. Money comes and goes, your surgery will be forever. 

Don't change your preferred HT or your preferred hairline over 1000 euros. Take on some credit card debt, take a loan, or save until you can afford it. It's not worth sacrificing your appearance for such a trivial amount (of your lifetime earnings).

And if we're being philosophical, you'll probably end up getting the surgery you want eventually anyway in the form of a second HT. You'll spend more in the end this way, more than what would initially only cost an additional 1000.

Plus, are you or have you booked tickets and hotels? Are you figuring that into the cost? It's another couple hundred Euros minimum. 

Best of luck, there's no rush. You can save money through thorough planning.

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

16 minutes ago, Lennney said:

This advice is universal:

Be careful of making life altering decisions over 1000 euros. Money comes and goes, your surgery will be forever. 

Don't change your preferred HT or your preferred hairline over 1000 euros. Take on some credit card debt, take a loan, or save until you can afford it. It's not worth sacrificing your appearance for such a trivial amount (of your lifetime earnings).

And if we're being philosophical, you'll probably end up getting the surgery you want eventually anyway in the form of a second HT. You'll spend more in the end this way, more than what would initially only cost an additional 1000.

Plus, are you or have you booked tickets and hotels? Are you figuring that into the cost? It's another couple hundred Euros minimum. 

Best of luck, there's no rush. You can save money through thorough planning.

Your advice is true, and I wish I could follow it. However, the only reason I'm in a place to get a HT at all is because I'm getting a scholarship to study abroad, and I'll be in the area. So transportation costs are eliminated. And as I'm sure you know hotels are included with HT costs in Turkey. I have just enough saved for a 2500euro HT, but any more will cause a serious strain. If I wait, I'll have to save for transport AND the possible extra money anyway. That won't be for a few years down the line and I want to have every advantage I can get while still in the college dating pool. As someone who left to work once, I know dating gets a lot harder after college.

3 hours ago, wheredidmyfolliclesgo said:

Your advice is true, and I wish I could follow it. However, the only reason I'm in a place to get a HT at all is because I'm getting a scholarship to study abroad, and I'll be in the area. So transportation costs are eliminated. And as I'm sure you know hotels are included with HT costs in Turkey. I have just enough saved for a 2500euro HT, but any more will cause a serious strain. If I wait, I'll have to save for transport AND the possible extra money anyway. That won't be for a few years down the line and I want to have every advantage I can get while still in the college dating pool. As someone who left to work once, I know dating gets a lot harder after college.

I understand your situation, in that, you have the opportunity to be located near a(hopefully a recommended!) Surgeon you trust and like. You also want to not hold off unnecessarily for this procedure due to dating and (for me, maybe I'm too fearful though) not being looked at as too old for jobs. 

If it we're me in your shoes, I'd get the surgery and worry about the costs later. Great job on saving, so now you have some options on how to pay for the surgery.

You can ask for advances on your birthday or Christmas presents from friends and family. Tell them this is very important to you and you've done your research.

You can pay for half of it with a check (debit transaction) and the other half on credit. Make minimum payments (usually on 2000 euros it'll be around 50 euro per month - I'm using American credit card examples, so maybe it's vastly different in Europe, but I doubt it) each month until you get a job after or during university.

You can take a personal loan, it may be much more favorable or slightly worse than the above Credit card method. Note: do not use cash advance loans. 

Also: if you have a car or vehicle somewhere you're not using (since you're geographically away from it for university) sell it. It may cost you a monthly insurance payment and registration payment, even when you're not using it.

I'm a big supporter of using your time and money wisely. It sounds like you have a lot more potential positives from the HT than you do financial negatives. Again, if you have the housing and travel figured out, (and surgeon picked), do it!

I'm pretty good with budgeting and planning, but what's most important is finding a surgeon you trust and is happy to help you. Money is the easier part to solve.

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

Hi Luke, got something to ask you. I'm at the 5 month mark post HT and everything seems to be going well, but there's one thing that worries me a bit: there's a small area where the hair seems to be growing in another direction, like if it was put backwards. Is this a thing or am I being paranoid? Did something like that happened to you?

Just now, clerksband said:

Hi Luke, got something to ask you. I'm at the 5 month mark post HT and everything seems to be going well, but there's one thing that worries me a bit: there's a small area where the hair seems to be growing in another direction, like if it was put backwards. Is this a thing or am I being paranoid? Did something like that happened to you?

Hey!

This sounds like it could be the channel was angled differently, do you have a photo to help show? I didn't experience that so I don't have too much knowledge on that subject.

Follow my progress:

1 minute ago, lukeyb1687 said:

Hey!

This sounds like it could be the channel was angled differently, do you have a photo to help show? I didn't experience that so I don't have too much knowledge on that subject.

I just cut my hair yesterday, so you can notice it through photo right now. But you can if you touch it. It's nothing major at the moment, it just that at the front of the hairline it "spikes up" a bit. Anyway, let's let it grow first and take it from there. Just wanted to know if this had happened to you too. Thanks for getting back.

Ok, just putting "angled" on the search bar I can see that this is definitely a big and contentious topic. But before start panicking I have to consider the following:

- It's only in a very small area.

- I'm only on month 5, so we'll see how the rest of the hair evolves.

- Maybe once it gets longer the "spike" won't stand.

EDIT: Is the "bad angling" happening during the incisions part or the "filling" part? Because on the former it was the surgeon who did it and the later was a technician.

Edited by clerksband

Good idea to not panic, nothing good comes from it lol, especially as you're only Month 5 it may sort it self out by the 12-15 month mark. :)

I think it's a combo of both but mainly the channeling...I would think, actually now I'm not sure lol.

Follow my progress:

4 hours ago, clerksband said:

The direction of the hair is determined by the incisions made in your scalp prior to the techs implanting the individual grafts. It sounds like the doctor made your incisions. I’d just wait. Sometimes the hair is very wiry and kinky when they first sprout. If it’s a small spot you probably won’t notice when it grows in. Please share your progress pics.

9 hours ago, clerksband said:

Ok, just putting "angled" on the search bar I can see that this is definitely a big and contentious topic. But before start panicking I have to consider the following:

- It's only in a very small area.

- I'm only on month 5, so we'll see how the rest of the hair evolves.

- Maybe once it gets longer the "spike" won't stand.

EDIT: Is the "bad angling" happening during the incisions part or the "filling" part? Because on the former it was the surgeon who did it and the later was a technician.

Who was your surgeon? Have your beard or chest been used as donor? If this is the case, can it be that what you feel as different direction is just other type of hair?

14 hours ago, lukeyb1687 said:

Good idea to not panic, nothing good comes from it lol, especially as you're only Month 5 it may sort it self out by the 12-15 month mark. :)

I think it's a combo of both but mainly the channeling...I would think, actually now I'm not sure lol.

Hey mate. Your Hair looks incredible , however, I met a guy in Ireland who had his HT done with Dr Cinik and he does not recommend them at any cost. He is not on the forum but I have advised him to post his experience here. Think you got lucky but he has completely opposite experience. I have read the negative reviews in other forums and he told me exact same. I hate to badmouth but it comes to show that either you can get lucky or unlucky with the same clinic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alex79 said:

Who was your surgeon? Have your beard or chest been used as donor? If this is the case, can it be that what you feel as different direction is just other type of hair?

The donor area wasn't from the beard or the chest, no. 

12 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

The direction of the hair is determined by the incisions made in your scalp prior to the techs implanting the individual grafts. It sounds like the doctor made your incisions. I’d just wait. Sometimes the hair is very wiry and kinky when they first sprout. If it’s a small spot you probably won’t notice when it grows in. Please share your progress pics.

Being that I had the surgery just at a time when my personal and work life was really hectic, I didn't do a separate post documenting my journey. But it's something I plan to do shortly, in there I'll post pictures and else.

I agree that right now it's very early to tell, but it deserves to be monitored. 

18 hours ago, youngheart said:

Hey mate. Your Hair looks incredible , however, I met a guy in Ireland who had his HT done with Dr Cinik and he does not recommend them at any cost. He is not on the forum but I have advised him to post his experience here. Think you got lucky but he has completely opposite experience. I have read the negative reviews in other forums and he told me exact same. I hate to badmouth but it comes to show that either you can get lucky or unlucky with the same clinic.

Hi @youngheart, I am really curious about the experience of your friend. It is very difficult to judge without any photos. Can he maybe share his experience and post some pictures?

On 4/24/2019 at 10:01 PM, lukeyb1687 said:

Hey!

You look awesome with the new hair :) I am trying to arrange a whatsapp video call but his assistant said that he is not available for video calls and she is the only point of contact for any questions. Were you told the same thing? Thanks