New to forum, advice greatly appreciated

Hey everyone. Ive been losing hair for the past 3 years and was curious whats the best hair transplant clinic and the best value hair transplant clinic. Im a white male with caucasian hair and I have a receeding hair line. Im from the UK but heard the clinics here arent very good, few of my friends also say Turkey and India have the best clinics for hair transplant but Im just checking to see if they are right. Any help would be great

Hi,

First job, get on Proscar if not already. It will slow down any further loss.

Right HT wise, you use the word 'Value', what does this mean? When buying cornflakes, this makes sense - shop brand over famous brand. When it comes to a HT, a quality result counts first and foremost. Quality comes at a price :(. I would suggest you spend the next few months getting as much information and education as possible on the HT industry. Have your friends had procedures undertaken in India or Turkey? If not how much research have they done? Or is it just what someone told them at work?

When you have narrowed down your choices, book consultations and see what the experts say. Trust me this HT lark is not a simple process. Check the reviews on here, plenty of success stories (usually by people who did their research) and plenty of unhappy campers also. One tip avoid the UK clinics, very hit and miss. Hope this helps.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Thanks for the advice! What I meant when I said best value is that there may be a treatment that costs ?10,000 but there may be another treatment somewhere else that costs ?2,5000 which has nearly the same quality. I do plan on doing research as much as possible before I undergo this treatment. My friends havent had the procedure done themselves however they have a close friend thats gone through with it and highly recommended Turkey. Just wanted to know if Turkey and India did have the best clinics as many people say on different forums as well.

I would focus on the Dr and his results, rather than country that he is based. The attraction of Turkey and India are the lower prices as compared to the rest of Europe and the USA. I would say the best surgeons in Europe are Lorenzo, Bisanga and Erdogan, if you read the reviews on this forum. I chose Dr Erdogan based on the consistency of his work. I could not find a bad review. Istanbul seems to be the capital of the HT industry with what appears hundreds of clinics. I have read many horror stories and reviews from a lot of these 'chop' shops. People attracted by the €1 per graft or less cost. A HT has to be done properly first time, donor hair is a limited resource. Do your research, keep asking questions and book your consultations. You will then have knowledge to make an informed choice. Good luck.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

• 2 weeks later...