Sleeping with hair system.

Dmhead

I just got myself a hair system, and I did everything by myself. Had it on over a day, but I notice when I sleep with it, the hair system seems to pressing outwards? I'm using tapes. Does anybody have any experience like that? Did I perhaps taped it wrong?

I generally sleep on my front or side and have no issues.

Sometimes I fall asleep on my back and most of the time I have no issue as I seem to shift position mid sleep. However, if the bond is nearing the end of the cycle I find it will shift ever so slightly but enough for me to notice and made it awkward

I generally sleep on my front or side and have no issues.

Sometimes I fall asleep on my back and most of the time I have no issue as I seem to shift position mid sleep. However, if the bond is nearing the end of the cycle I find it will shift ever so slightly but enough for me to notice and made it awkward

But do you feel something with the system when you sleep? Or is it something to get used to? I taped mine without a mannequin, which I'm going to require soon. And some of the tapes didn't reach close the edge. Maybe next time with the mannequin, I can make the tapes sit as close at it's get to the edge?

one or more of - still getting use to it, need to tape nearer the edge, bond not 100% strong (it will move with this) or head and pillow creating too much friction (consider silk or satin cases) but this could be a sleep and neck issue.

one or more of - still getting use to it, need to tape nearer the edge, bond not 100% strong (it will move with this) or head and pillow creating too much friction (consider silk or satin cases) but this could be a sleep and neck issue.

Thanks for some good advice. Going to order new blue tapes and a mannequin. It's difficult to tape it accurately without a mannequin.

Hi DMHead - I think if you get a silk pillowcase to cut down the friction, and you run a line of tape down the middle of your base - straight down the middle of your head - you will find that sorts the problem out.

I just took off my system and tried what you said. It feels better now, even though I can feel a little bit. I notice sleeping on the side is now easier than laying straight. I'm using lace system. Are poly skin with just glue more comfortable?

Well typically people who wear a skin system do a full-scalp bond with glue. You can't use tape on them, because it would tear the base when you try to remove, and you need the full scalp bond otherwise they make a plastic bag noise when you touch the base. Obviously if the whole base is stuck down there is no movement of the piece on your head when you sleep. You could do a full-scalp glue bond with a lace base too, but it would be messy to clean up.