1200 Fue hairband for $10,000 . Is it worth it ? Please advise

I've seen it before on this site posters coming on here asking advice who have no intention of listening or taking heed of what's been said to them ,at this point I say go ahead man with whoever you want, but a damn good chance you'll be coming on here in a years time or so whingeing about how you wished you had listened to the guys on here .

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, your hair looks great and I personally wouldn't spend $10,000 for 1200 grafts. Strip is much cheaper and as long as you pick an excellent surgeon, you'll be in great hands and get excellent results. But in your case, I don't think I'd do anything except appreciate the head of hair you have :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Sean,

Payment to any forum does not mean only those docs are top notch. It is all marketing. At one point or another, docs were not recommended individuals anywhere. Then one day they were discovered, agreements sent, payments made, then now your part of something that promotes and protects them.
That's correct. Just because a doctor pays to be a member of a website, does not mean they are top notch. However, our community is different. While it is no secret that physicians recommended by this community pay a sponsorship fee to help keep this community running, we only list physicians who meet our standards and the community as a whole is impressed with.

Moreover, patients are welcome and encouraged to share their experiences about physicians good or bad, recommended or not. Moderators do intervene to keep topics balanced and fair however, we do not "protect" physicians we recommend unless there is a reason to do so. Moreover, we also protect patients when there is a reason to do so.

In fact, we have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on lawsuits protecting patient's right to free speech and even preventing doctors who wanted in from being recommended. Do you realize we've fought lawsuits against doctors who simply wanted to be recommended but since we said no, they sued us? So not only did we refuse their money, but we spent money fighting against our right to recommend only physicians that met our high standards.

I trust, being a member for so long that you know this about our community.

Bill

"People who are not recommended here are not recommended for a reason." BULLSHIT

Plenty of great doctors just don't WANT TO OR NEED TO PAY to be on this website. Every single recommended doctor PAYS to be on here. Let's get that fucking straight.

Cool, go book with one and let me know how that turns out. Unless I am missing someone....there isn't anyone mentioned consistently as one of the top hair surgeons in the world who IS NOT a member here. End. of. story. You are the same people who will go to friggin Turkey and risk being kidnapped by ISIS to save $2k on a transplant. Just because a surgeon pays to be on this site does not automatically mean they are great. There are plenty on this site who I simply wouldn't go to. Why? It's cosmetic surgery. I'm not going with a doctor who is a 6 or an 8 (scale of 1-10), I'm going with the 10....especially when we all know who those 5-6 surgeons are and have been forever.

Mohebi is likely who I would see if I were in LA. He has definitely produced some good results....pkipling being one of them.

As some have said, though.....you learn that some people come on this board and already have their mind made up. OP has changed his mind and mentioned how he is confident in 3 or 4 different doctors alone on this thread....none of which I'd go to. I didn't even reply to the Baubac suggestion as that's laughable. Good luck with it, though.....after all, that surgeon is "young and has had 2 transplants and they sounded professional" (rolling eyes).

Edited by matt3480

You are the same people who will go to friggin Turkey and risk being kidnapped by ISIS to save $2k on a transplant.

Im sorry but that statement is full of inaccuracies! For 1 Istanbul is as safe as plenty of other cities. I've been there twice this year and have a friend who has lived there for years! 2nd if you think all you save is 2k dollars you are mistaken. I would have travelled anywhere in the world with in reason to go to the surgeon I felt was best suited for my transplant. That surgeon happened to be in Turkey and as a bonus he was cheaper than the other surgeons I was considering which was a bonus, however cost was not my primary concern. I wanted good results.

3215 grafts fue with ASMED (Dr Erdogan) 26th July 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

Cool, go book with one and let me know how that turns out. Unless I am missing someone....there isn't anyone mentioned consistently as one of the top hair surgeons in the world who IS NOT a member here. End. of. story. You are the same people who will go to friggin Turkey and risk being kidnapped by ISIS to save $2k on a transplant. Just because a surgeon pays to be on this site does not automatically mean they are great. There are plenty on this site who I simply wouldn't go to. Why? It's cosmetic surgery. I'm not going with a doctor who is a 6 or an 8 (scale of 1-10), I'm going with the 10....especially when we all know who those 5-6 surgeons are and have been forever.

lmao

I think Widow went to Mexico so he was dodging the Cartels and not Isis :P

but I get what ya mean, world is cray outside Merica , those poor guys goin to India have to dodge Kali ma and the temple of doom people from Indiana Jones.... Nobody is in danger in a place like Chicago where Dr Konior is from lol

Edited by mikeyhwk
just having a lil fun nobody get worked up :)

lmao

I think Widow went to Mexico so he was dodging the Cartels and not Isis :P

but I get what ya mean, world is cray outside Merica , those poor guys goin to India have to dodge Kali ma and the temple of doom people from Indiana Jones.... Nobody is in danger in a place like Chicago where Dr Konior is from lol

Haha....I guess now that I think of it, some areas of Chicago are probably more dangerous than Mexico and Turkey. I should have just shut my mouth.

I’m having doubts now .. propecia seems to be working for me .. don’t feel like a hair transplant is needed anymore .. but I do want to lower my hairline a little bit n bring in the temporal points to make my forehead look smaller . It’s not worth the money , but I’m stuck with a non refundable deposit of $2000.. so I’m stuck going through with the transplant .. afraid however that the transplant will do more harm than good ..

If you used a credit card, then try to get your credit card company to reverse the charge. You have not received any service. If the clinic pushes back, tell the credit card company that you've learned some very alarming things about the practice and that you cannot in good faith go through with the surgery. Be forceful.

Going through with a surgery you are not comfortable with may sometimes be worse than losing the money. It's a lot of money, which is why you should fight to get the deposit back. That said, you can always make back money, but you can't go back in time to reverse something once its done.

You point of a deposit is to protect the one providing a service. You can't just willy nilly ask for it back because you don't feel like it anymore.

If you want the surgery, you've chosen a highly proficient surgeon and should go through with it.

My hair volume is a lot less. But my recession isn’t that bad .. I’m nervous because my hair has thinned all up top .. so just thickening up the hairline might not help too much .. since I already have a hairline.. im afraid I might have diffused pattern baldness.. I just can’t comb it forward like Korean kpop folks anymore .. I lost too much hair . :(..but if I comb it backwards it doesn’t look like I’m balding. But it makes my face unproportion cuz of my big forehead n small face .. I’m so afraid that I might have the Balding pattern of mister Burns ., where the top just thins out all over .. n I lose all my top .. cuz all the hairs feel thin .. feel like I’m just getting older now n my hair follicles are weak .. so my hair is just flat .. just no bald spots ..

- I’m afraid that if I lower my hairline it would cause my forehead skin to be bumpy n might get that redness that doesn’t go away ..

is this how balding starts tho? All ur hair up top thins , so the volume is less , n recession up front ? I still have too much native hair to where I can’t do a big session to get zones 1 n 2 .. midscalp . Where I can get back my volume .. right now I can only do zone 1 .. the frontal band.. those hairs don’t grow long anymore .. I’ve seen some Norwood 3 ‘s on this forum that had receded a lot .. but the remaining hairs are thick .. so a hair transplant of 2500 grafts really makes a nice difference ..

My hair is thin all up top with minimal recession. .. so even if I thicken up the hairline I’m doomed to lose more hair n be stuck with an unnatural look .. I’m so feeling sad this year .. losing hair really hurts the self esteem ..

I post some pics tomorrow .. i still want to go though with it just nervous. Reading upon bad hair transplants makes me nervous however .. n even folks with good hair transplants even still had regrets .. cuz u have to get another later on.. I don’t want to make things worse .. I’m budgeting max is $20k for -

Hair transplant throughout my lifetime .. any more than that is too much for me.

I post some pics tomorrow .. i still want to go though with it just nervous. Reading upon bad hair transplants makes me nervous however .. n even folks with good hair transplants even still had regrets .. cuz u have to get another later on.. I don’t want to make things worse .. I’m budgeting max is $20k for -

Hair transplant throughout my lifetime .. any more than that is too much for me.

If you have another 10k for future procedures you should be fine. The work and ethical conduct of Baubac is top notch from what I have seen and with another 10k spare you're in a very safe position. The fact that you're on finasteride will help you maintain long term as well, you're unlikely to lose a significant amount more of hair at your age while on it.

Okay well my 3 months of being on fin isn’t helping as much as I hoped ... the hair caliber is still thin all over top .. seems like whenever my hair fall , new hair doesn’t grow back to take its place .. therefore the volume of my hair keeps on reducing .. this year has been the worse year for my hair .. I haven’t gotten a haircut for 3 months now n it doesn’t seem like hair gotten thicker or longer and I still lose a hair or 2 when I shake my head .

I used to had to get a haircut every month .. don’t know why hair doesn’t grow anymore ...

I’ think if I shave my head my balding pattern will be more noticeable ..im doing a good job of hiding it right now .. but as I lose more hair I can’t cover it up . That’s why I have to get my transplant now ..so I still have some hair to cover up the transplant .. since I won’t be shaving my head , just the donor n receive the hairline .. I can’t imagine myself being bald .. I will look totally different .. the thought of it has been stressing me out and not letting me enjoy life .. I always suffered from mild depression most my life and that’s before my hair loss started .. the hair loss is making the depression worse ..

D6423704-65D0-4B92-A1B8-955F08BE0CDB.thumb.jpg.7e10e30b68129a63417fee6b812e8fb3.jpg

64FB4F7B-BCE1-4954-B239-EE61EE0DC10A.thumb.jpg.f0972389fd05791d08165b8d0f241251.jpg

6BDF35E2-216F-431C-8EBA-8CE79F610695.thumb.jpg.fa6bec397dc247dec7024c1663074a8e.jpg

49A7C792-650B-4E56-8E49-B4232456895D.thumb.jpg.8486732ed732110495b9b750ad8b6e78.jpg

So yeah next week I’m going to go ahead and go through with the transplant .. I’m nervous but I’m hoping for the best .. the clinic seems like a good place .. they specialize in hairlines and they said they will be able to match the density of my native hair with the 1200 grafts .. and the hair mentor recently endorsed them as a recommended clinic in LA.. so I feel better about it..

But it’s the thought of future hair loss is really stressing me .. feel like I’m just patching up a sinking ship ..

So yeah next week I’m going to go ahead and go through with the transplant .. I’m nervous but I’m hoping for the best .. the clinic seems like a good place .. they specialize in hairlines and they said they will be able to match the density of my native hair with the 1200 grafts .. .. so I feel better about it.. But it’s the thought of future hair loss is really stressing me .. feel like I’m just patching up a sinking ship .. n thanks jean , u have helped makin me feel better about the upcoming surgery ..

.p.s.. do u guys think it’s cuz of my smoking cigarettes and drinking about 2-3 cans of malt liquor every day now for the past few years is causing my hair loss ? Or just MPB kicking my azz now .. I don’t know anyone in my family balding .

Well I just got a call from the clinic.. the patient consultant informed me that dr. Baubac thinks I should wait for a year on prophecia before I get a hair transplant .. he said there’s a chance that propecia will thicken up my hair and I might not need a hair transplant , or I could need less grafts.. since I am in the early stages of my hair loss and it’s minimal . They said since I still have Vellus hairs in my hairline there’s a good chance that I could get permanent shock loss in that area , n then I end up chasing my hairline .

but if after a year and my hair gets worse then they can reaccess the situation.. if it looks like I might bald too much then they don’t want to lower my hairline too much so I can have more for coverage later on .. they said they looking out for my best interest .. and will refund my $2000 deposit ( they usually have a non refundable deposit , unless u give them a 1 month notice ). Well I thanked them n appreciate their ethical practice .. so I guess the Alvi Armani clinic in Beverly Hills under the leadership of dr. Baubac is ethical and doesn’t just want your money but good results and your best interest ..

... I’m kinda bummed out about it .. was kinda looking forward to getting more volume in hairline .. but I also feel like I was rushing into it ..surgery is a big permanent deal ..

it’s probably best I wait it out n see how it goes with propecia for 1 year ..

P.s but I do know one thing , they will be the first to get my consultation if I do choose to have surgery later on ..

Good luck everyone .. happy holidays .. wishin y’all the best .. n thanks for letting me know your opinions n thoughts these past few weeks ..

I agree - drama! It's 'theatre' & quite entertaining.

Baubac is an excellent surgeon and very ethical. This proves it as I always thought Legend007's "vellus" frontal hairs might hold (especially since he is in his late 30's). Also he has NO family history hair loss.

Lucky fucker!

Legend007- keep smoking your cigs and drinking your malt liqour - that has no effect on you. If you are gonna' lose hair it doesn't matter if you are a drinker or smoker. Genetics are key - unless you are an anorexic girl suffering from short-term hairloss due to malnutrition.

I think you would be a person who might want to try a hair laser (for existing hairs to thicken up and strengthen them like many women have decent results from laser- much like PRP w/Acell).

Hell, you might be a decent candidate for PRP too.

I use a 400+ diode laser from overmachogrande.com but I've had multiple hair transplant surgeries and am just trying to hold onto the very few native hairs I have left in my midscalp and crown.

Both these options along w/propecia and/or Avodart/Dudasteride seem best suited for now for your non-urgent hair concerns.

Ciao!

Dr Baubac probably read this thread and decided to dodge a bullet, no offence to the OP but some people are not suitable candidates for a hair transplant and I don't mean just for physical reasons .

Anyway the right outcome has prevailed and I will echo again what others have said your hair is in pretty good nick ,forget it for a while Legend007 and enjoy your life.

I never did tell the clinic that I started a thread about my upcoming hairtransplant .. so I doubt it if they even know this thread exist.. I never did spoke to dr. Baubac himself ..( which is a disappointment ) but I didnt really care.. As human nature we have trust in our doctors .. I just expected him to do a good job during the surgery.. so I only spoke to their patient coordinator Chris .. who i thought was knowledgeable .. he had a transplant himself at a young age .. so I felt comfortable with him .. I asked all the necessary questions from learning from this website .. he was able to answer them so I didn’t really care if it came from doctor baubacs mouth .. cuz the clinics word in writing is their bond .. to me anyways.. legally n mentally for my own piece of mind ..

- I liked that the doctor is hands on , he would draw the hairline , does the extractions himself . N the incisions ,,, then the techs would implant ..

- from what i learned here . I was smart enough to ask , if it was a manual fue , n does he do lateral slits , n most important if he was going to do a miniaturization test to see where I am thinning to have a master plan for the future..

—- they do all those things ,

- their patient coordinator Chris / sales rep said that this month (December) they are giving out free PRP after a hair transplant a ($2500) value .. , along with the $1500 off for travel expense , which sold me.. I see value in that.. but honestly I think they offer free PRP every month ( n I doubt it’s $2500 unless it’s PRP with Acell) which is around $1500 ,PRP alone is usually $750 to $1500.. that’s the cali average.. but hey I don’t blame him for overstating the value, he is their sales rep after all , it’s his job to upsell..they offer PRP because it helps with the healing .. the redness n scabs go away faster ..they sent me pictures with their patients that had quicker prp recovery success after a hair transplant .. PRP doesn’t grow hair , it helps ur scalp be healthy so it can do it’s job to regrow hair .. from my research , that’s why they offer it , so their results will be better n it’s not time consuming for the clinic .. well anyways u have to research the internet and see what discounts ar available then ask for those discounts when u can:) I saw they advertised that in RealSelf so I mentioned it .. that’s one of the reason he offered it to me :)

- overall I like dr baubac’s clinic .. I also liked dr Rassman’s/ jae pak clinic at new hair institute .. since they also wanted to do a miniaturization test to get a master plan .. n i liked they didnt try to hard sell me:. But I disliked that I had a few noob hair loss questions that I emailed dr Rassman n he didn’t answer my questions directly , but instead sent me links of answers that he quoted online. I know a doctors time is precious but take a moment to respond to my noob questions please..

I wake up this morning n feel like my hair is not too bad.. I’m just older n have thinner hair ..so i don’t look as handsome as I used to. I am 38 after all .. if my girlfriend wasn’t 25 n pretty , I wouldn’t ever want to spend no $10K to look youthful again .. I’m comfortable in my own skin for now .. I could look better with more hair no doubt .. n I was willing to spend the money for it .. but from listening n learning from everyone .. I need to take a step back n stop panicking just because I’m now noticing my hair loss.. I just need to accept I’m getting older n not as good looking anymore .. n actually grateful for having minimal hair loss at my age.. I feel kinda selfish this year .. been stressing out about my hair n neglecting friends n family because of my insecurity .. so imma try to improve on that next year..

— I like to personally thank bill , jsrader , jean, n widows peaks, spidey and also everyone that responded to this thread .. I read all ur comments , n appreciated it .. even though u thought I wasn’t listening .. I did .. I have a lot of respect for this community n emphasize with u all .. my hair loss has been minimal , it must be even more stressful for u all , cuz I know u guys have it tougher than me .. best of luck to us .

I will keep u guys updated in the future ..

P.s. I think My current hair is still doable n I should be able to keep my girl n be able to be good to myself n finish college n work n make money for my future family .. I’m still going to be lurking on this forum for help with questions , n hopeful for replicel n or a hair transplant in the near future...

7A6447C7-FFC3-4A78-8941-BFE181360AF8.thumb.jpg.d6c979950c965e10d8a8d565e7a2a5a0.jpg

D4417D72-A699-45A4-902D-156B16EA1F7D.thumb.jpg.dde5ab456b76ce38c7e8dd88342a489b.jpg