1200 Fue hairband for $10,000 . Is it worth it ? Please advise

You need ultra-refined frontal hairline dense packing to match your native hair just behind it. Baubac in Los Angeles is worth a consult (Armani Hair). They are good at that and he is an excellent, caring HONEST surgeon.

Again, PLEASE do not go w/Rassman or his FUE guy - you'll regret it.

And relax. Your hair is better than 95% of the guy's here - there is no need to hurry. Get married (if you must) before your transplant and keep on the finasteride.

Make an informed relaxed decision down the road - that you will NOT regret.

Edited by David - Moderator

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez - pay ATTENTION! Although I really dislike JeanLDD 'cause he is such an anal prick - he knows his doctor info!

Dude - behind your vellous frontal hairline you have really nice terminal long thick hair. You would have to go with someone who can dense pack big time.

Have a consult in Los Angeles w/Dr. Baubac

Oh - and take a valium. How can your fiance deal with you? ; )

Haha thank you, +1 for Baubac too, definitely worth the consult. Wish there were more examples of his work on this forum but what I have seen of his hairline work is immaculate, and good reputation for ethical conduct + consistency at this point.

Well after reading all the comments.. n negative results from others having a subpar hair transplant I decided I’m going to cancel my surgery with Rassman n Jae pak.. it’s too big of an investment in time n money .. I just don’t think they will be able to give a good enough result with 1200 grafts .. it won’t be a big enough difference for me since my hair loss is minor n just starting .. I’m still almost a Norwood 1 with thinning top hair

Oh yeah I agree with what most of what u guys says on here.. especially jsrader thinkin jean can be a prick.. which I totally agree.. but he means well , just young n not know how to say things in a more positive manner.... but yeah I'm calling Alvi Armani tomorrow. Dr Baubac to see if they can book me in 2 weeks .. which I doubt.. if not then I wait till next Christmas.. and wait a year to see how beneifical propecia is to me. But. I checked out their website and youtube videos.. they are also in Beverly hills..( hopefully they are 8$ a graft n not $10 ) But I like the work I saw.. I like that they are famous for their dense packing.. ( the Doctor performs the extractions .. which is the major reason I want to go with them, im not paying that much money to have the tech do most the work. ..If I'm paying around 10K.. I do not want to come back in a few years to fill it in for denseness.. I want it as dense as possible without cutting the blood supply of other haris. the first time around.. The terminal hairs behind my hairline is dense so it looks thick.. but its thin.. all the hair on top of my head is thin that's what makes me scared even though my hairline hasn't moved too far back.. maybe I be one of those older guys with thin hari but with full coverage.. I be okay with that in my 50's..

... I really don't want to be stuck in this continuous hairtransplant journey.. of having several hairtransplants.. hopefully just 1.. then one more when I'm 45 around..

thanks for everyones thoughts n opinions..

Legend, tip number 1....stop listening to jjsrader and jeanLDD. They told you to stay away from 2 non-recommended surgeons just to point you towards Armani...another non-recommended surgeon on this site.

I agree that you should hold off for a year and see what the Fin does for you. If nothing else, it is going to stabilize the hair loss and reduce the chance of shock loss when you do get a HT.

Yeah see .. everyone has their own opinions n thoughts .. n I’m a open minded kinda guy so I take everyone’s thoughts into consideration .. so I usually just go with my gut .. my gut was to just go with William rasman/ Jae pak at new hair institute .. that place is not a butcher job .. they know their stuff n care about their patients . They helped invent Fue n the Artas robot . n they fit my schedule . I email them tomorrow n ask some questions before I cancel the appointment .. but I will also call alvi Armani n get a consultation with them also ..

.. the 3 California doctors on the recommended list In California are booked up for the next couple months .. Diep is the only one in California that’s on the list that I’m impressed with .. but he has his techs doing most the work n the donor area looks really messy n bloody .. I’m having a feeling that he cares about immediate results .n ur money . not the long term effects of his patients .. n also about the doctors that need to be on the list .. from what I read on the forums they have to qualify by doing quality work . But also have to pay an annual fee of $25,000? Not every good doctor want to or need to pay that fee.. their office makes Enough money to not need to advertise on here . So the list I take it into consideration as a starting point , but other factors play a more important role .. so yeah I guess I’m as undecided today as I was two weeks ago .. a hair transplant now would be convenient and helpful .. waiting a year for propecia to kick in .. still won’t be that beneficial n I will just be Delaying my hair transplant to see if it gets worse so I can have a bigger procedure . . I was looking forward to getting a hair transplant but now I’m not so excited about it .. it’s just something I have to do ... sooner or later .

People who are not recommended here are not recommended for a reason. I think you need to do a LOT more research here.

I used to feel bad for people who got bad results going to surgeons who weren't recommended. I don't anymore. There is a TON of knowledge on this board and if you choose not to take advantage of that then the final result is on you....you will have no one to blame but yourself....it's ultimately your hair.

I don't know what the annual fee here is....but if it's $20k or $25k, that is pocket change to these surgeons. Anyone half decent isn't going to bypass recommendation due to $25k.

I really wish propecia will thicken up my hair .. so I don’t have to go thru this transplant journey .. the thought of having to pick the right surgeon.. spending $ thousands of dollars only to have to spend thousands more just get back our youth is really disheartening.. feelin old now .. my dad was a Norwood 1 when he was in his 50’’s so was my grandpa n all my brothers .. I must of fukked up in life n didn’t take care of my health n dyeing my hair every few months .. I think it messed up my scalp .n not taking medications early on . since I don ‘t think my family has aggressive MPB .. but yet here I am .. researching about hair transplant n willing to spend so much money on hair .. hair that I took for granted all these years cuz I had so many .. so here I am Paying the price .. all I can feel positive about is that I had Many good years in the prime of my life having good hair .. n at least I still have coverage at my older age .. I can only feel empathy for the others that had to suffer through hair loss at a young age n others that have a more aggressive hair loss .. best of luck to everyone .. I keep y’all updated on my journey..

Yeah dr. Baubac I’ve heard good things bout him .. won surgeon of the year 3 years in a row .. well re knownowed for dense packing .. I just called them n they will get back to me for a consultation .. if they have available dates in two weeks imma just going to go for it .. they charge $8 a graft which is kinda standard around here .. also giving me $1500 off for travel reimbursement and free PRP with the transplant.. they also said they will gurantee their work n do a free repair if the grafts don’t grow .. it all sounds good to me so I’m canceling dr . Rassman n going with dr baubac ..

Tis the season---treat yourself. Yes, your hair looks good.But can it look better? I think so in the hands of the right surgeon----and you can fix the areas that bother you. What's the downside? Cost and a few weeks of healing for long- term improvement, If there is no more balding, you will have just improved a maturing hairline. This is cosmetic surgery. Do what makes you feel good.

Thanks mountainman .. I appreciate your support .. it’s what I feel also .. last couple years even when I had a lot of hair .. I was already noticing that my hairline was receding n I was losing my bangs . Made me sad cuz I knew I was balding , n my good looks wasn’t going to hold up .. I know my hair isn’t that bad .. but I have a small face n a big forehead.. I need hair to cover my forehead n accentuate the nice features of my face .. I always wanted to lower my hairline n bring in my temporal points .. so my forehead n face will be proportioned .. so I can age gracefully n still be attractive .. I’m almost going to be 39 in 4 months .. I feel like this procedure will let me enter my 40’s feeling confident in myself again . Instead of feeling like I’m getting older n balder..

When I made my money selling my house ,, I didn’t buy anything expensive for myself , like a new car or expensive toys .. I spent money on family n friends n my girlfriend . N just tried to be a generous person in general ... even though I ain’t rich , just average income ... but this hair transplant will be for me .. so right now I feel like I chose a good doctor ..thanks to some of u guys suggestions .. Unless you guys think this transplant is a bad idea since my transplant is only 1200 grafts n I should wait for my hair to get worse before doing surgery .. I’m making my deposit tomorrow n going for it .. ..

See the gaps in my hair when I comb it forward ? N with my big forehead I look ugly when I comb It back ..so I never comb it back unless I lower my hairline n bring in my temporal points .. so later when I lose more hair I can comb it back or to the side to give it an illusion of density .. a good dense hairline work will provide good coverage in the front again .. giving me back 5 years of youth .. what y’all think ?

883DE850-A86E-43B2-904D-CDB603F25578.thumb.jpg.97e1ff0d989ca9d7b6920a4fa967d348.jpg

E96A2F84-CF5F-4875-B552-90A5D6C8E3E8.thumb.jpg.0dfb9bf8b90cc451faf4227ce01d876f.jpg

8B8D9989-BA29-4343-92B6-E231DAD497C5.thumb.jpg.166fd4486a0cd6fce191348f25da8027.jpg

FC423A99-6C05-48AE-BB60-5B576A93D5D3.thumb.jpg.ac9f8797abe6b00444cb56a878e47615.jpg

Yeah dr. Baubac I’ve heard good things bout him .. won surgeon of the year 3 years in a row .. well re knownowed for dense packing .. I just called them n they will get back to me for a consultation .. if they have available dates in two weeks imma just going to go for it .. they charge $8 a graft which is kinda standard around here .. also giving me $1500 off for travel reimbursement and free PRP with the transplant.. they also said they will gurantee their work n do a free repair if the grafts don’t grow .. it all sounds good to me so I’m canceling dr . Rassman n going with dr baubac ..

lmao, surgeon of the year 3 years in a row from whom, his own forum, real self or some other shill forum, the place he goes to have beers after work, or is this from peers cause I don't see his name on the golden follicle or platinum follicle list anywhere. You want a surgeon of the year go to talk to Dr DeVroye who has earned an award of real distinction. Baubacs clinic, if the patient report shared on this forum was true, was offering some unreal density claims as some sort of celebrity package which would be ridiculously unethical...the armani clinics history is dubious at best and I'm not sure they've moved past that , why anyone would risk their grafts on an ethical question mark when there are world class ethical vetted doctors all over the place is beyond me. Literally the best doc in the US is in that same price range with Dr Konior and I'll chance it on Baubac, mind blown.

Well yeah u gonna know better than me .i just started balding , this is all new to me .. I don’t really care who the top surgeon are .. I needed a surgeon that’s competent and can get the job done that’s local to California and can fit into my Christmas schedule .. if I were to ever get a second transplant I probably go Dr. Nader for price and excellent work .. but yeah I don’t need to hear anymore opinions on who I should go..

I’m already as nervous as it is ,, I really don’t want to be stuck in the hairtransplant train having to get one done every few years to catch up ..

right now I might just go ahead n book it with dr. Baubac . I like that he does the extractions himself .. that was a big selling point for me . I be their only patient that day ... n I rather be positive n look forward to it than fear it ..

"People who are not recommended here are not recommended for a reason." BULLSHIT

Plenty of great doctors just don't WANT TO OR NEED TO PAY to be on this website. Every single recommended doctor PAYS to be on here. Let's get that fucking straight.

lmao, surgeon of the year 3 years in a row from whom, his own forum, real self or some other shill forum, the place he goes to have beers after work, or is this from peers cause I don't see his name on the golden follicle or platinum follicle list anywhere. You want a surgeon of the year go to talk to Dr DeVroye who has earned an award of real distinction. Baubacs clinic, if the patient report shared on this forum was true, was offering some unreal density claims as some sort of celebrity package which would be ridiculously unethical...the armani clinics history is dubious at best and I'm not sure they've moved past that , why anyone would risk their grafts on an ethical question mark when there are world class ethical vetted doctors all over the place is beyond me. Literally the best doc in the US is in that same price range with Dr Konior and I'll chance it on Baubac, mind blown.

I understand the concerns particularly with the clinic association, but I haven't seen any valid concerns with his work or consistency, which genuinely appear top notch in every case I have seen. Sure the marketing is questionable, but the same can be said for the entire sector. What matters is results. He also guarantees a repair which is more than can be said for a number of doctors recommended here.

Look at his results for yourself I suspect your mind will be swayed. From what I have seen no one in the United States is doing better FUE work aside from potentially Konior, who only has maybe 10 FUE results available to view online so proper judgement is difficult.

Payment to any forum does not mean only those docs are top notch. It is all marketing. At one point or another, docs were not recommended individuals anywhere. Then one day they were discovered, agreements sent, payments made, then now your part of something that promotes and protects them.

But you got a point, some docs on the forums and their density claims are seriously questionable. Sometimes you wish you can turn back time. The worst thing for anyone is to end up being a repair patient after you read these forums and see all the marketing and hype. You put so much trust in someone and end up worse. In reality, i hope folks do not have to go through touchups and repairs as it happens. Some docs may not even send you your entire medical record to you if that is the case.

I understand the concerns particularly with the clinic association, but I haven't seen any valid concerns with his work or consistency, which genuinely appear top notch in every case I have seen. Sure the marketing is questionable, but the same can be said for the entire sector. What matters is results. He also guarantees a repair which is more than can be said for a number of doctors recommended here.

Look at his results for yourself I suspect your mind will be swayed. From what I have seen no one in the United States is doing better FUE work aside from potentially Konior, who only has maybe 10 FUE results available to view online so proper judgement is difficult.

I respectfully disagree about results being the only thing that matters...how you treat a patient matters...when you tell a patient he can get something that is unachievable you are blatantly lying to them. If you're willing to lie to a patient then what credibility do you have? how can you rely on a clinic to honor a guarantee when what they said you could get they could never get you in the first place. You'd run out of donor hairs before you ever hit 100 grafts/cm2, or transect/shock out any viable hairs in the area trying lol. The whole thing from jump is a sham. If it's a bait and switch, then that's just a different form of unethical. I am being hard on this clinic but if the results are good then let the work speak, and be real, you don't need to go this bullshit route...you said it yourself, Koniors got like 10 fue results posted online but if Konior posted today that I got an opening tomorrow for fue, first one to pm me gets it, it'd be gone... the work speaks for itself, his reputation for being ethical, professional, honorable all precedes him, there is no hype machine needed just look at his results and decide for yourself if its worth it. This Baubac isn't new to the scene, he could be approved if he wanted to undergo the process but the bs act wouldn't fly here...I'd personally like to see Dr Feller have a go at the claims if he tried coming here lmao instead the clinics chosen this shady route of unreal expectations, fake awards and telling people they're the hair transplant docs to the stars and just gimmicky nonsense...I can't get on board with that and I hope nobody does.

There is literally no good surgeon in LA. The only person recommended on this site in CA that is good is Diep. Frankly it sounds like you've done about 10 minutes of research on google. Take the advice and expand your search area. Geography is the worst reason to choose a surgeon. Most surgeons in the US / CAN charge essentially the same price, so choose the best. My picks are Rahal, H&W, and Konior. The only thing worse than balding is a bad transplant.

Well I just had my FaceTime consultation this morning and made my non refundable deposit .. everything sounds good n professional .. I’m positive they will give me my moneys worth ..

They guarantee whatever grafts don’t grow will be replaced for free if I wanted it ..

I’m excited about my procedure now .. I can’t smoke for a few weeks either , so I’m going to use that opportunity to quit smoking or at least cut down my cigarette intake .. start workin out again , n overall just treat my body better ..going back to college next month , I need to take one more class so I can get my degree .. ( been in college off n on since I was 19 .) heheheh that’s 19 years I’ve been in college but yeah I’m finally going to finish n get a degree .. n settle down n start a family too .. I’m getting older now .. got other things to worry about than just my Hair.. so this transplant will let me not worry bout my hair anymore for many years to come .. So I can focus on other aspects of life , so yea Money Well Spent!!!

So I will answer my own question ? Will it be worth it? Most definitely !!

peace out everyone .. wish y’all the best in life .

This thread is now closed !!!!

Edited by Legend007

There is literally no good surgeon in LA. The only person recommended on this site in CA that is good is Diep. Frankly it sounds like you've done about 10 minutes of research on google. Take the advice and expand your search area. Geography is the worst reason to choose a surgeon. Most surgeons in the US / CAN charge essentially the same price, so choose the best. My picks are Rahal, H&W, and Konior. The only thing worse than balding is a bad transplant.

I've seen way too many extremely happy patients and consistent, fantastic results with Dr. Mohebi to believe for a second that "there is literally no good surgeon in LA," but to each their own. However, I do 100% agree with your point about geography being a really bad reason to choose a surgeon.

To the OP - Reading through this thread and I'm really happy you're taking some of the advice to heart. The biggest red flag I see with you is this need to get something done now, which has left you feeling rushed to make a hasty decision... Don't do that. There are tons of great surgeons out there, but even more bad ones... So take your time, do your research, use the list of recommended surgeons here as a good starting point, have consultations, talk to former patients, ask the surgeons lots of questions, and then start narrowing down your choices. This takes time, but it will be well worth it in the end and you'll increase your odds tremendously of having great results if you do this.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Hey u guys .. I appreciate y’all having ur opinions n looking out for my best interest .. while also promoting your own docotors .. but no worries . It just makes me be more detail oriented about my surgery .. I’m not going to let any clinic take advantage of me..even though I only started researching hair transplant this year.. but i still learned a lot from online .. this forum n others ..

I have decent hair right now .. 1200 grafts is not a difficult surgery .. but it’s still expensive ! So my expectations r high. But reasonable . I want improvement, at least 90% of transplanted graft survival. N no patchy spots of ungrown hair to where I need a small repair .. last thing I want to do is going in for another procedure to fix little patchy spots ... n native hair shockloss to be minimal.. I will email the patient consultant n doctor about my expectations .. n what their expectations are n what they are looking to achieve .. that way I will have it in writing .. I don’t want them to promise me something they can’t do .. if they need to make my hairline less dense to give the hairs enough blood supply to live ., then they should .. n I will let them know that .. I feel like this doctor is competent ..I don’t know if the doctor is one of the top surgeons or not , he’s still young , but he has two transplants himself already , he should have empathy n good ethics towards his patients . he’s going to care about our hair also .. n also want to showcase his skill level .that’s why I feel he can get the job done .. that’s my thoughts of him ..

and I will document this surgery.. to motivate the doctor and his team to do a good job .. don’t treat me like another patient . but treat me like your only patient .. I will email them exactly what I wrote here ..

so yeah , I’m not some kid that’s just jumping into a transplant .. I’m a grown man that’s done his research that’s paying good money to a clinic to get the job done.

First, I have no agenda here and I am not affiliated with any clinic. I have no stake in who you ultimately choose. I have had an FUE procedure so I'm coming from the standpoint of a former patient who's been through it. I dunno.... You asked for advice, but it seems like what you want is affirmation about your decision. A few members have given you good advice - don't rush, don't limit yourself based on geography, don't create a sense of urgency for something that is elective surgery.

Again, from my many years of research on this forum and having had a procedure, I will say again that there are no doctors with the talent of a Rahal, H&W, or Konoir in LA. There just aren't. There are some competent doctors, but I do not see them at the same level as those surgeons.

And honestly, a good transplant doctor should approach every surgery with the perspective that they will be doing their best job and performing at their highest caliber. You shouldn't need to give them a prodding with a letter. That sounds a little naive honestly.