Bringing Finsteride and Minoxidil from India

Hello. I just had HT surgery in India and as part of post op, I have purchased 1 year supply of Finasteride and 6 bottles of Minoxidil. Would there be any issue bringing all these medications in U.S.? I am planning to get official prescription from my HT doctor in case I am stopped at customs. Is there anything else I need to consider?

Hello. I just had HT surgery in India and as part of post op, I have purchased 1 year supply of Finasteride and 6 bottles of Minoxidil. Would there be any issue bringing all these medications in U.S.? I am planning to get official prescription from my HT doctor in case I am stopped at customs. Is there anything else I need to consider?

If you have a prescription for the meds you should be covered.

Also just put them in your hold luggage, the chances of being searched and asked specifically about the meds are remote.

A one year supply could potentially be scrutinized regarding the intention of selling the product although your doctor could always elaborate with a letter to state that the meds are for your own personal use.

The worst might be having to pay a duty fee.

There must be a way to find out ahead of time?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks everyone. I was able to bring medication without any issue. There were no questions asked at customs.

That's nice to know and especially for others who are traveling and may have a similar situation in the future.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY