Sydney3FUE 2,050 Grafts with Dr Path, Bangkok (November

Sydney36FUE

2,050 Grafts with Dr Path, Bangkok (November 2017)

I read many of the posts on this forum before deciding to get a transplant so I want to pay it forward and share my experience.

After almost 12 months of research I recently had a FUE transplant with Dr Path at DHT Clinic in Bangkok. I was about a Norwood 2A (I think) with asymmetric genetic receding hairline that was significantly worse on the right side than the left.

After a consultation with Dr Path I elected for 2,000 grafts with the objective of a stronger hairline with good density. I wear my hair short on the back and sides and have fair skin so FUT wasn't an option.

Went in for consultation and hairline design on the Thursday. Dr Path sketched the hairline on my head and left it overnight for me to decide if I was happy with it.

When I came in on the Friday for surgery I asked him to adjust the right side to make it slightly higher as it appeared asymmetrical (although this may be my misshaped head).

Arrived at 1.00pm. Dr shaved both donor and recipient areas. Commenced surgery at 1.30pm and wrapped up around 11.00pm. I slept through about 80% of the procedure (2 valium before we started and another about 2/3 of the way through) and pain/discomfort was minimal.

Dr Path and staff were a pleasure to deal with. Included an additional 50 grafts at no extra cost. Went back in the following day for a shampoo and nurse shaved my head completely. Flew back to Sydney that evening which was fine.

I'm now 5 days out and the design of the hairline looks great. Redness has gone down a lot and it's noticeable but not too bad. So far so good. Now waiting for the grafts to fall out and scab up.

5 days until I go back to work so fingers crossed it's barely noticeable by then. Pre-op photos attached, more to follow.

01X.thumb.jpg.4612db93f35ba4f7d08bb5ce0ae49e71.jpg

02X.thumb.jpg.82b5985e7db55c346d79246032d5ade8.jpg

03X.thumb.jpg.843bf655402959f0ffe91998fad3d45a.jpg

04X.thumb.jpg.7a658c6e120bbca6c4735bfdd1f75f2f.jpg

Edited by Sydney36FUE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks after my FUE procedure and most of the grafts are still in place. Been back at work for 2 weeks and no-one appears to have noticed anything other than to comment that I've shaved my head.

So far so good. Very happy with the natural looking design of the hairline. Just had the back and sides shaved to a number 1 and you can barely notice any difference in the donor site unless you really look for it up close.

Trying not to get my hopes up that I'll be one of the lucky minority who don't experience too much shedding.

3weeks01.thumb.jpg.0350704df8d67b3f65eed137d0b1414a.jpg

3weeks02.thumb.jpg.67aa6a2e11244ed33c05e2cddd89c35d.jpg

3weeks03.thumb.jpg.4df95c9e3f34c6fcf76c016a4120360b.jpg

3weeks04.thumb.jpg.b5333594814958718d696ecf74affa11.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

At the 7 week mark. I would guess that around 60% of the grafts have shed (as expected).

Still have a bit of redness in the recipient area but nothing too dramatic. Nobody appears to have noticed anything.

Now playing the waiting game.

IMG_3892.thumb.jpg.444c39f054fe619cf47054fc92fc677a.jpg

IMG_3893.thumb.jpg.783593f47381d9f111c30f963c5d5ca6.jpg

IMG_3894.thumb.jpg.b24a605c46886247ec29a3d1d547025e.jpg

IMG_3895.thumb.jpg.aa7f8ff559f0fc183ccb8e8cc312766b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Can I ask how much does the first consultation costs with Dr path cost? I would like to speak to him in person to understand more before I decide. I might have a chance to be in BKK in the coming weeks.

Does he reply emails himself to the patients or by someone else?

My hair loss is not serious but I will like to fix it before it grows more serious in future.

Thanks guys

At the 7 week mark. I would guess that around 60% of the grafts have shed (as expected).

Still have a bit of redness in the recipient area but nothing too dramatic. Nobody appears to have noticed anything.

Now playing the waiting game.

Hi

I had a consult (in BKK) a few months before my procedure and the consultation fee was 1000 THB (around 30USD).

Email response was sometimes from Dr Path and sometimes from his team.

The initial part of the F2F consultation was with one of his assistant doctors then he came to speak to me in person to answer my questions.

Cheers

Thank you so much for your prompt response.

I haven't done much extensive reading about such procedures, do you think I have to know a lot before I meet him myself?

Can I have the email address or his official website to contact him directly? When I tried to Google for Dr path in Bangkok, it seems like there is more than 1.

Thanks again!

• 4 months later...

I'm now 7 months post-FUE and I've received a few messages asking to see the results so here are some photos.

I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Still seems to be improving each month which is great. Hairline looks great. Very natural.

Would be good if it was a little thicker but to be fair my hair has always been quite fine so it's really as thick as it was before it started receding. Overall I'm quite happy.

The process does require patience... I was feeling good after week 2 when the redness faded away and I had a shaved head with a strong hairline. 4 weeks later it had fallen out and it took almost 6 months before i grew back to the point where I was happy with the results.

Hoping it continues to improve for a few more months. Overall, definitely happy I did it. No more cringing when I look at photos where I look like I'm balding. It's nice not to feel self-conscious about my head.

G01.thumb.jpg.fa8eeba095820e0479860ac18a08afd4.jpg

G02.thumb.jpg.bf5d91ec8377442dc5245762cb1d2273.jpg

G03.thumb.jpg.13d19f7c6890d3f20b690762341e1de7.jpg

G04.thumb.jpg.0747016bbc623a1ea464682e887d25a6.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely amazing results. Looks really good. I've been thinking about getting this done for years, and a recent picture of the top of my head from a security camera in a lift has convinced me I need it done asap! I live in Japan now so getting to Thailand isn't too much of a hassle. Have contact DHT to see what the next steps are. 

Once again, looks fantastic mate. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hey mate - been a while but just wanted to check how the hair is going.  I'm also in Melbourne and have a very similar hair situation to you pre-op - with a more severe right temporal recession.  Potentually interested in Dr Path given proximity to Australia (pending border openings).  Also curious how the non transplanted hair held up after the procedure.

• 4 months later...

G’day Rui.
I’m very happy with the results 3 years on. Highly recommend Dr Path (assuming he’s still going as he’s not young). Well worth the trip to Bangkok and a superior option for a much cheaper price than Australia.

Hairline has held up well. Experienced some gradual thinning on the left side (which used to be the good side) but I brush my hair to the left anyway so it’s not noticeable.

Still on Propecia… so far so good. Would consider a top-up to increase the density but might wait until I’m in my mid-forties.

Will post some pics below. Cheers.

Edited by Sydney36FUE
  • Like 1

This is such a great result.  Fantastic to see it maintain such great density after so long!  I ended up having a small procedure done in Australia given the border restrictions and lockdown but will consider Dr Path for sure if I have to get a top up.  Curious as to when you started to see the growth come through...such a dramatic difference between the week 7 mark and the 7 month mark! 

I'm currently at the 7 week mark with most of my grafts now shed and also some loss to my existing native hair due to the shock of the HT I believe - so hoping will see the pick up come through like yours post 7 week mark haha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rui said:

This is such a great result.  Fantastic to see it maintain such great density after so long!  I ended up having a small procedure done in Australia given the border restrictions and lockdown but will consider Dr Path for sure if I have to get a top up.  Curious as to when you started to see the growth come through...such a dramatic difference between the week 7 mark and the 7 month mark! 

I'm currently at the 7 week mark with most of my grafts now shed and also some loss to my existing native hair due to the shock of the HT I believe - so hoping will see the pick up come through like yours post 7 week mark haha

The best advice I can give you is to try to forget about it for 6 months. You’re now in the most frustrating part of the process and it’s really like watching grass grow.

It took about 3 months until I started to see results and 6 months until I was happy. I saw continued improvement until more than a year post-transplant so you have to be patient.

Good luck with it!

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, Rui said:

Where in Aus did you have your surgery man?

On 7/5/2021 at 10:16 AM, rickyrixon said:

You must be thrilled how it turned out yeah man? What amount does Dr Parh charge per FUE graft? Cheers

I’m very happy. In hindsight I would get another 500-1,000 grafts for a bit more density but I’m still very satisfied nonetheless.

My transplant was more than 3 years ago so I’m sure the quote above is more accurate.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 9:13 PM, Sydney36FUE said:

I’m very happy. In hindsight I would get another 500-1,000 grafts for a bit more density but I’m still very satisfied nonetheless.

My transplant was more than 3 years ago so I’m sure the quote above is more accurate.

That's great. Did he give you the option of giving it more density at the time? 

On 7/13/2021 at 3:40 PM, rickyrixon said:

That's great. Did he give you the option of giving it more density at the time? 

He recommended 2,000 grafts but the option was there. I didn’t really want to spend any more money at the time but looking back I would go another 500-1,000 since I was already going through the effort of getting it done. I’m being picky though… the result was excellent.

Edited by Sydney36FUE
  • Like 1

Thank you for the post, currently researching doctors in thailand for restoration. I am curious others people post about dr. path on the recommended list but I only saw laorwong, was he taken off the list for some reason? Currently I am looking at both path and laorwong, did you look out or consider and other doctors in thailand? 

• Like 1