10 weeks post fue -really worried!

krx

Hello to all, I hope you guys have some input - I had a fue with HLC Ankara 10 weeks ago. in the beginning i really did not lose that much of the transplanted hair (maybe 40%), but i am still shedding those hairs, and the haircount in comparison between week 7 and 10 is way lower now, even though i should be on the timeline of getting first growth.

Is it usual to shed those hairs so late ? I thought all the hair which did not shed after 6-8 weeks is continuing to grow.. the tendency is quite bad.

Any input ?

5b32f722c1590_7weekspost.thumb.jpg.0531394f6ff59b8c8528b6032609ada1.jpg

10-weeks-post.thumb.jpg.daebd57434ec89dd3f668612eb84c36c.jpg

It would be rare for the harvested grafts to retain those hairs and actually see growth after 10 weeks. Try not to worry about that too much. Shock-loss and transplanted hairs falling out is quite normal. Send us more pictures in a few months when you start to see the new hair growth.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Mr. Krx,

Your scalp looks normal at this point. Perhaps you have been too careful with your grafts when washing your hair? This is not uncommon as patients do not want to harm their grafts but by being too careful itself can cause harm. If you have not done so already, contact your clinic to inquire about your concerns but my general advice to patients that have had the same question is to give your hair a thorough and vigorous washing four times a week.

Krx,

As others have already said, I wouldn't expect much at 10 weeks post op. If you've kept some of the transplanted hair, then perhaps it will start to grow rather than shed. That would be a good thing. However, shedding is normal and most people do not see any signs of growth until at least 12 weeks. But that's the early birds. Usually 16 to 20 weeks is when the real signs of growth start. All I can say at this early stage is, hang in there. Growth is coming :-).

Best wishes,

Bill