5476 grafts FUE / ASMED - Koray Erdogan / 22 & 23 November

vchorro

Hello mates!

Firstly, I must apologize for my English. I'm from Spain and English is not my mother language. However, I will try to do my best :)

I'm 36 years old and I've been losing hair since I was 20. 15 years ago I considered the option of a hair transplant, but the general lack of information and my economic possibilities made me desist on that option.

Since a few months, the idea came back to my head and I've been reading and reading a lot of info on the many options that we, luckily, have today. One of my main goals was the density and I really liked all of the HT results coming from ASMED/Dr. Koray Erdogan. So I contacted the clinic.

Sara, my coordinator, is a huge professional who has been very, VERY kind, attentive and nice even after office hours. She made the whole experience even better than I thought. I only have words of thanks for her because she really made me feel like I was in the best hands :)

Dr. Erdogan said I'm still losing some little hair in the crown and middle area. He recommended the use of finasteride to stop that. Initially he estimated a total of 5200 grafts, but I asked for a few more in order to compensate the small loss I'm still suffering and, finally, the doctor implanted 5476.

By the way, I don't know which Norwood status do I "suffer". Maybe I'm on NW 4-5... :\

These are my HT stats:

Total Grafts: 5476

Ratio: 2,31 hair/graft.

Single: 877

Double: 2435

Triple: 1798

Quadruple: 329

Quintuple: 36

Sextuple: 1*

3.000 graft were user on the front area.

700 grafts used on the middle area.

2.000 gratfs used on the crown area.

I don't know where the extra 76 grafts were placed, but I don't care, it's a minimum amount.

*Yes, I'm happy, a sextuple graft appeared, hahaha.

This is me before operation:

24xdq4o.jpg

wtf2w8.jpg

30kvrk4.jpg

2r3v11d.jpg

wb5c38.jpg

hrbz3q.jpg

ace8fc.jpg

After the HT:

10yjuzd.jpg

314t4ic.jpg

akbtpk.jpg

2vwvez7.jpg

Early today I returned to Spain, so my first wash has been made at home and not at the clinic. Everything was nice and the wash is not difficult. Bot recipient and donor are are healing perfectly :)

I'll be posting more info in the next days. And again, sorry for my English! I wanted to share with you this amazing experience, I hope you all can understand my grammar! :D

Bye!

Hi, vchorro,

Well done on completing your procedure. Wow a massive amount of grafts, I bet you were shattered at the end of it? We have matching hairlines :D First 5 or 6 days are the worst, with the pain & swelling and that neck pillow:mad: Once you get back to using a normal pillow, things will be much improved. Good luck on your recovery period, hope the 'shed' is not too severe. Keep us updated on your progress ;)

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi, vchorro,

Well done on completing your procedure. Wow a massive amount of grafts, I bet you were shattered at the end of it? We have matching hairlines :D First 5 or 6 days are the worst, with the pain & swelling and that neck pillow:mad: Once you get back to using a normal pillow, things will be much improved. Good luck on your recovery period, hope the 'shed' is not too severe. Keep us updated on your progress ;)

Hi, HG1! :D

Yes, I was very tired by the end of the whole process, but I was also very happy :).

They implanted 2.700 grafts every day. The first day was the worst for me, since everything was new, even the anaesthesia injections and I did have a hard time with them. On the second day I felt like a veteran and could tolerate even better the injections (the drugs the doctor gave me helped a lot). :)

For now, I do not feel any pain. I'm on the second day and the only issue is I have a very "puffy" face, but all the head is healing perfectly :)

This picture is from yesterday, Day 1

2yyqtz5.jpg

Day 3

No big changes at all. The head is still healing and the donor area has begun to itch like the devil. That's a good sign of healing, I guess, but last night was a nightmare! :D

By the way, when should I begin using aloe Vera to reduce the itch? It's still too soon?

IMG_20171126_121329.thumb.jpg.77f7c65d61b51d778ca2e770b22ef7c3.jpg

Hi vchorro,

Looking good my friend. You will have a few more uncomfortable nights 'sleep' I'm afraid :eek: Once you start using a normal pillow again, sleeps improves greatly. Sema from Asmed advised me to wait two weeks before using Aloe Vera. I can't say it has made much difference, maybe a slight calming influence on the recipient area. Good luck, keep posting.

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi HG1! :D

Oh my god, please, more uncomfortable nights no, hahaha!!!

Today the donor area is, again, very sensitive and paracetamol does not seems to relieve the pain. Maybe tonight I should try with ibuprofen...

The idea of using aloe vera was to lessen the itch/pain in the area, but reading you i have no choice but waiting 11 more days :_(

Thanks so much for your words, David! :)

I hope you are right! You know, "no pain, no gain!", hahaha.

Last night was better because of the ibuprofen. It seems to be relieving the pain more efficiently than paracetamol and I slept more hours.

The donor area is still itching like hell and if I slightly touch it, the whole head burns. However, I think today it will improve as I'm feeling better than yesterday :)

Day 5

Today is the first day since the HT I've looked at the mirror and I have recognised myself :)The head is healing quickly. Still hurts a little, but last night I had a good rest (Ibuprofen each 6 hours makes the difference!). Little white scabs have appeared and all the recipient areas seem to be less red.

I'm happy :)

IMG_20171128_181307.thumb.jpg.b97c63ebfee6c555089df9c86d9720de.jpg

Day 7

A week ago my second day of surgery in Istanbul was about to end.

Today I feel great. Last night I had a pleasant sleep and today I have not taken my dear Ibuprofen pills. I feel almost no pain and most of the red ugly scabs are finally falling. My skin seems to be less reds and when I come out of the shower it's hard to tell the difference between the areas.

Today I will have the big test: I'll have dinner at my mother-in-law's, hahaha.

2017-11-30_12-14-35.thumb.jpg.d46a1505c3e996ef73341dd925d29524.jpg

Hello my Spanish friend :D

Great to see you are recovering well and the pain has almost gone. You are lucky with the redness. Enjoy your great hairline, as it will no doubt be disappearing down the plug hole in the next couple of weeks :eek: hopefully you might be one of the lucky ones ;)

Hope your dinner was nice :D

Hello my Spanish friend :D

Great to see you are recovering well and the pain has almost gone. You are lucky with the redness. Enjoy your great hairline, as it will no doubt be disappearing down the plug hole in the next couple of weeks :eek: hopefully you might be one of the lucky ones ;)

Hope your dinner was nice :D

Hello HG1! :)

Hahaha, I had to search in the translator what "plug out" was! When I found out, my face changed into this :-| hahaha.

I know it's going to happen, but I don't want to! I think we all think it's going to be less emotionally stressful than it really is :(

Anyway, I think I will take vitamin pills for the hair to see if they can lessen the shock loss and make the implanted hair to grow faster...

Bye, friend! :D

Week 2

Time flies :)

Two weeks ago, my second day of surgery was about to end. Today, I can tell for sure that the pain has completely gone. I'm also completely free of scabs.

Back on day 10, I still had some scabs on the recipient area and my coordinator, Sara, told me to wash my head harder in order to get rid of them definitively. I saw 5-6 hairs telling me goodbye when I focused on the bigger scabs, but I think (hope) it's completely normal :-)

I still don't feel any kind of shedding since I've only seen 1 or 2 little, little hairs in my hands after washing my head.

As you can see, redness is not very noticeable unless the light is really intense or "cold" (within the white/blue range).

By the way, every day that passes I'm more comfortable with the new "me" and my new short hair, this whole experience is really comfortable! :)

IMG_20171207_113436.thumb.jpg.24f7ef3dc179873f595c82605f8bbea8.jpg

Week 3

Well, well, well... Time advances inexorably and I like and I don't :D

Shedding is here, and is here to stay, I fear!

4 days ago I began to notice little hairs on the keyboard of my laptop and, when I washed my head the next day I could see the long-anticiped "plug hole panic" trademarked by HG1 :D

My implanted hair is falling since that day, and I don't like it.

My biggest concern is about my native hair growing and growing while the implanted one seems to have stagnated and is falling, so I can easily see my shame, hahaha. the difference between the areas is very evident...

As you can see in the pictures, my crown area stands out because the difference between the two different kind of hairs is very evident. In fact, I'm a bit scared about the crown area, since I see it very big. Too big.

However, I like to repeat myself that this idea is only coming from a transient insecurity, since the area was filled with 2.000 grafts and it will look (I really hope so!) astonishing... but I don't like it.

I guess that I will be looking worse and worse every day and this sensation will last for weeks. I have to be strong because this only means that the regrowing time is closer!

IMG_20171214_152544.thumb.jpg.08a30e7991562fa41a14570f22c4f079.jpg

IMG_20171214_152501.thumb.jpg.45ec4f90b80285fee2da552c5fa6d0cf.jpg

Hi Vchorro,

Great to read your update my friend. Try not to worry about your current situation. It all looks perfectly normal and you are on track for a great result I hope. With having 5000 plus grafts - many amongst the native hair, it's normal for Shock loss. I'm 7 weeks tomorrow post Op and I think the native hair affected by the shock loss is just starting to recover. Your scalp colour looks really good, so that is a bonus at 3 weeks. Just another 9 to 13 weeks and you should be over the worst and hopefully start to see the first signs of life :D. Good luck and hope your recovery passes smoothly and quickly.

Hi Vchorro,

Great to read your update my friend. Try not to worry about your current situation. It all looks perfectly normal and you are on track for a great result I hope. With having 5000 plus grafts - many amongst the native hair, it's normal for Shock loss. I'm 7 weeks tomorrow post Op and I think the native hair affected by the shock loss is just starting to recover. Your scalp colour looks really good, so that is a bonus at 3 weeks. Just another 9 to 13 weeks and you should be over the worst and hopefully start to see the first signs of life :D. Good luck and hope your recovery passes smoothly and quickly.

Hi HG1!

Thank you very much for your words, friend! :) The help a lot!

Yes, my redness has even surprised me. My skin colour is more than white, and I assumed that the donor areas would be a lot redder. However, I could tell better when all the implanted hair finally falls...

One thing that bothers me is not being able to cut all my hair very short to match all the areas. This phase would be sooo much easier... But well... it's a toll that we have to charge :)

Mate, I hope you are better this week. You are almost on the 2 months mark and the magic is about to visit you!

Bye!!! :D

Good luck mate , how about prp therapy ? is Dr.Erdogan using prp therapy after the operation ?

Thanks, mate! :)

Unfortunately, I could not ask for a PRP injection after the operation. My flight was really early in the morning and even the first wash had to be done by myself when I landed :o

On the other hand, I don't remember correctly, but I think it's not included and you have to pay for it... and my surgery was expensive enough with the almost 5,500 grafts, hahaha.

Thanks, mate! :)

Unfortunately, I could not ask for a PRP injection after the operation. My flight was really early in the morning and even the first wash had to be done by myself when I landed :o

On the other hand, I don't remember correctly, but I think it's not included and you have to pay for it... and my surgery was expensive enough with the almost 5,500 grafts, hahaha.

Hey vchorro,

You will have had the PRP on a procedure of that size. I certainly did and it was included in the costs. I have read previous old posts where others have paid €300 for it and also had to pay transfers. I was a bit sleepy, so can't recall what stage I had the injection - possibly towards the end of the second day. Hope you and your grafts are well :D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again, mates! :D

First of all, my deepest apologies. Times have been a little hard lately. I wanted to post and update the status of my HT, but I couldn't.

HG1, friend, how are you? :) How are you doing? You must be seeing a lot of new hairs for weeks now! I hope you are enjoying of one the coolest phases right now: the growth one :)

Sk78, hairlossPA: thanks so much for asking, is really appreciated, mates! :)

Today I'm posting the 2 months update. Times flies really fast and I could say the worst is over.

I think I'm one of those rare cases we occasionally see on the forum.

Of course, some of the implanted hair felt. There were days I could see my hands full of tiny hairs, lost soldiers, but this phase only lasted about 10-14 days. Then it stopped.

Since that moment, I could only see two or three little hairs on my hands when washing my head. The, two weeks ago I noticed my new hair was really starting to grow.

Obviously my transplanted areas lack density, since as I've said, I lost some hair during 2 weeks, but I can say that, actually, I'm not completely bald.

I contacted my coordinator at ASMED, Sara, and she told me that each person reacts in a way. I guess I'm lucky...

Redness is still there, but the new hair is beginning to cover it, so I don't care too much about it.

Each morning I can tell my new hair is longer and stronger. Also, new hairs are appearing as I can see a lot of new black dots all over my head. Crown area is evolving slower, but this is normal :)

Donor area is in a perfect state. No scars, no pain, no grains :)

I attach some pictures form this morning, right after coming back from the hairdressers.

Have a nice day, mates! And sorry for my English! :D

Regards!

IMG_20180124_140110.thumb.jpg.2628c967cd0bbae96b91c1a71b47bc7e.jpg

IMG_20180124_140054.thumb.jpg.dbbcd2b419ad0b4c11609c883f2b8a7e.jpg

IMG_20180124_140030.thumb.jpg.aed6399c72b7a89b2035e189e7a968fc.jpg