"3000" grafts with Eugenix (Dr. Arika Bansal)

Basquiat

Ok, after several months of research I finally settled on Eugenix in Gurgagon, India. A big factor in settling on them was that I could find recent good results from them. I wasn't happy settling on any of the more affordable, recommended surgeons here because the most recent stuff I could find was negative, or not 100% satisfactory (I was only considering Dr. Radha, Dr. Madhu and Dr. Bhatti).

I'm currently 4 days post.

I'm not going to give one of those long-winded reviews that details every room I sat in and every step I took, but list some pros and cons.

Pros:

• I was very well taken care of in terms of transport, accomodation and food. I was fed like a king and their accommodation is very nice. I was picked up and driven fro/to the airport
  • The work looks well done, but i'll let some more senior guys pass judgement on my photos
  • The price is very reasonable for the quality of the work that I've seen
  • The communication continues to be very active and caring. Communication has been excellent since the beginning

Cons

• They forgot to send the driver to pick me up from the airport and I waited over two hours there
  • They forgot to order/pick up all of my medication and only supplied a few day's worth. As a result, I'm now only able to get 1 out of the 3-4 things I'm supposed to be on
  • I was told I would receive a complimentary PRP with my surgery but when I asked when they'd do it they said it wasn't necessary
  • The Dr. told me that he'd extracted 2,100 grafts after the initial extraction. I was thinking "sweet, I only need 2,100 and will be getting a refund as I'd paid for 2,500!" (I also saw that there were grafts that weren't used, meaning i'd received less that 2,100).
    Once they'd finished implanting the grafts from the initial extraction, I was told to wait in a room where the accountant came in. He told me I'd need another 700 grafts to make it 3,000, but said I needed to pay around INR49,000, equalling 490 grafts (I'd paid for just over 2,500). I was pretty confused at their maths, but I'd been awake for a loooong time so I just paid. The nurse confirmed the 2,100 grafts when I went back in and had no answer when I questioned the extra payment. Then before any more grafts were taken, they kept intermittently adding 100 to the total on the board as if I'd had more grafts taken. I had a fairly strong feeling that I'd been taken for a ride!
  • I couldn't help but feel a sense of contempt towards me (or the fact they were over it) in the second part of the session; Dr's getting annoyed when they sat and their knee hit me, someone kicking the stool out from under me that I was resting my arms on within 3 seconds of being asked to sit up etc.
  • I didn't meet Dr. Sethi until the next morning and Dr. Bansal spent about 30 mins in the room out of the 8 hour surgery. I think she only placed a very small number of grafts in the hairline at the very end
  • Only about 30-40% of grafts implanted were done while simultaneously extracted - their 'Direct Hair Transplant' technique. The rest seemed like a normal FUE - grafts were extracted, stored then implanted

Further to the above, I then took a high quality photo, loaded it into Photoshop, downloaded a click counter and counted all of the grafts on one half of my head. I might have missed a few, but there were about 20 extra clicks counted, so it's fairly close I'd say: 1,265 grafts on one side. Doubled equals 2,530. What do you guys think?

Anywayyy, regardless of all of the cons, the work looks great and time will tell if the results offset the cons.

Post-op care

I've been following instructions as instructed - saline spry, betadine, fucidin cream etc. I'm experimenting a bit, though. I'm taking a peptide called BPC 157 which heals tissue very quickly, upregulates GH receptors in damaged tissue and upregulates red blood cell proliferation. I've also got Fin coming in the mail tomorrow and some Biotin by the end of the week.

5b32f70c5044d_ScreenShot2017-11-20at2_41_17PM.jpg.a022e7bcb6cbff38fdbfc0ac9f227fe4.jpg

IMG_6437.thumb.jpg.0be60a508e8a43f4e280bdd4661258a7.jpg

IMG_6435.thumb.jpg.304ff02a2ee068ffb7c22f97ca1fd102.jpg

IMG_6436.thumb.jpg.e750e3c692e815de0b231320fd56ca64.jpg

Edited by Basquiat

Basquiat,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. Bansal. I can't say I've ever heard of him but hopefully you will have excellent results when everything grows in over the next year. I'm sorry there were several problems but at least you are happy with your work. Please do keep us posted on how everything heals over the next several months and then how it grows as time continues. I hope you will post monthly photos and updates for us to view :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

That is a long list of cons, the clinics actions sound inappropriate to put it mildly. The numbers game they played on you was shady, to not give you prp and then to make you feel like they were annoyed with you...this isn't how an experience should go. I am hoping for a homerun for ya but this clinics got a lot to answer for, for this kind of service.

• 2 weeks later...

, but I'd been awake for a loooong time so I just paid. The nurse confirmed the 2,100 grafts when I went back in and had no answer when I questioned the extra payment. Then before any more grafts were taken, they kept intermittently adding 100 to the total on the board as if I'd had more grafts taken. I had a fairly strong feeling that I'd been taken for a ride!

I think in HT, you can never be sure how much actual grafts have been transplanted. More or less you have to believe on doctor's words. Factors like grafts lost during extraction/ loading are never accounted for. But as you said result what its count. Best of luck

Despite little inconveniences at clinic, the overall work looks clean. Congratulations and hoping for best results.

Only 30-40% of grafts are done via DHT? That doesn't look right for me. Also, the fact that main doctors did not spend much time with you is little disappointing.

This is the normal procedure at EUGENIX. DR. Bansal will only do slith marks, rest of the procedure is performed by other doctors and technicians. Though she will visit OT in between for general inspection. They have delivered good results with same procedure.

Though I personally feels that Dr. should spend more time with the patient for his personal satisfaction.

But I think this is same with other doctors too who are recommended on this forum. Dr. will only do slithing and rest will be done by there expert team. Only Dr. Bhatti is an exception to this.

Despite little inconveniences at clinic, the overall work looks clean. Congratulations and hoping for best results.

Only 30-40% of grafts are done via DHT? That doesn't look right for me. Also, the fact that main doctors did not spend much time with you is little disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi

As per your donner area it want be a 2100 grafts. It all most twice as per your donner area look like and planted hair.

Eugenix is one of the best clinc in india. Where doctor's got directly relationship with there patient.

You may call to any of them.

Doctors do all main part of transplant like hairline desing. Slits making. And monitor every hour to clints. 

All ht works around mini mum 7 to 8 hrs. So there is no ways where you get doctors like seating with you full time.

You need to check with your previous pics with any other clinic that whatever result or dencity you got from Eugenix is it possible with 2100 grafts only???

Main thing is that you done with them and wait for your results and dencity. If anything wrong there you must post it. But before that don't spoil your confidence on you and doctors. Be positive to get good result.

I also done with them on 13th aug.18 . But i have no complaints with them. Very happy to done my ht with them. Get calls from them every day for post op care. Who does that after your ht is done.

Prp they as well but after my headwash. Normally they do after 1 month of ht. But i was from South Africa. So they did for me as including in my package. Even my package for 3500 to 4000 grafts.

But Dr. Pradeep done 4200 grafts without any extra charges.

Lunch dinner all was very good as per your needs.

All Team really helpful.

Willing to see my results asap.

Hope for good. Lets see.

I like to see your current pics and result if you don't mind.

Thx

I always think of getting back to you guys at times when I'm not near my computer and then forget, so here I go finally.

I am extremely satisfied with my results. I have a minimally thin patch, but it's possible that it's just a result of further thinning as I didn't have many graft put in that area. FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.74918a2e2883465904b738674bb0317a.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 7.48.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 7.46.23 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...