Advice on FUT scar repair surgeon

Salva

In some cases the best route to go is first a scar reduction (if possible). Then after it has been reduced you can consider FUE in the scar. If you want FUE in scar then you have alot of doctors to consider.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

As accurately stated above, revising the scar and then further camouflaging it with FUE is a definite option, just another reason why patients should choose a doctor that specializes in both FUT and FUE.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Salva

In some cases the best route to go is first a scar reduction (if possible). Then after it has been reduced you can consider FUE in the scar. If you want FUE in scar then you have alot of doctors to consider.

Does it really work? I have very elastic skin, but I heard scar reduction can cause the scar to stretch even more.

Does it really work? I have very elastic skin, but I heard scar reduction can cause the scar to stretch even more.
Where'd you hear that? You need to speak with surgeons that specialize in scar revision, which many HT surgeons regularly perform.

It's my opinion a surgeon that performs FUT and FUE expertly is the one to consult since they'll have the full spectrum of options available for you that are specific to your case and won't be trying to force feed your situation to cater to a singular specialty of practice.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Yes it does work, I have seen many cases that have turned out great. Of course this depends on where your scar is located. If the a scar from a virgin donor is taken from the correct spot whether it is elastic or not should not make a different. In some case where your skin is thinner the doctor may ask you to keep the staples in a big longer

It's my opinion a surgeon that performs FUT and FUE expertly is the one to consult since they'll have the full spectrum of options available for you that are specific to your case and won't be trying to force feed your situation to cater to a singular specialty of practice.

I agree during a live consult a doctor that perform both techniques can give you the best advise to fix the scar.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Indeed, scar repair via excision can and has caused scars to widen again, and sometimes further than they were before. This is due to two reasons. The first of which is due to poor surgeon selection. Not all hair restoration surgeons that practice strip are proficient with scar repair. The second reason is due to physiology. Sometimes patients just do not heal well from strip surgery due to overactive collagen production.

The alternative to scar excision is of course FUE and many times beard hair is the preferred option.