3300 FUT Dr. Gabel 11/9/2017

Chaddyboy2

I wanted to share the incredible experience I had with Dr. Gabel and his team. Getting a hair transplant was very nerve-wracking because I was afraid of making a mistake. I did a lot of research and consulted with a handful of other doctors. It was important for me to find a doctor that I was confident in doing the procedure but most importantly a doctor that I trusted. After my first consultation with Dr. Gabel, I knew he was the right doctor and I trusted his judgement.

I had a lot of questions around all aspects of the procedure; Building natural looking hairline, hair density, FUT vs. FUE, scarring, what to expect appearance wise after procedure, timelines for re-growth, operation details (Pain?, meds, etc). Nothing felt like a bad question and every answer I received was honest, with a well educated recommendation when needed.

I couldn't be happier with Dr. Gabel and his team! Dr. Gabel was very transparent with his expectations on what he could accomplish, he was also patient with all of my questions/concerns, and he guided me where I needed to ensure I got my HT done correctly. I can easily say Dr. Gabel is a true expert and someone to trust to get things done correctly....his team and him definitely lived up to my expectations and even exceeded it!

Not having hair has been a very personal thing for me and something I have dreamed of fixing for sometime. I am so glad I finally decided to made the decision to get it done!

IMG_2583.JPG.b41632e54a901913484ca4c7958461a1.JPG

IMG_2188.thumb.jpg.1b03c1bbd288f002eab6cb07b8098bb8.jpg

IMG-2787.thumb.jpg.fb5b5206b198366c9bc5394af15023a7.jpg

IMG-2797.thumb.jpg.28813e4f7e8432fe522e0196685e45a2.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your progress. Congrats.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Congrats on your procedure. It's an exciting time but you'll need plenty of patience too. Grow well!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Congratulations! Dr. Gabel has a stellar rep. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the outcome. Waiting is the hardest part. Be patient. Great things are on the horizon.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

That is a good graft count. 2.14 is your ratio. Nothing wrong with that.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

As a fellow Gabel veteran, you're going to love the gradual change. A little more than a year from now you're going to be blown away by former pictures of yourself.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the great words of encouragement, definitely reassuring to hear! I know Dr. Gabel is a highly recommended doctor, but until the results are in its definitely a bit nerve wracking!

Will post an update picture at 1 month. Am currently shedding most of the implanted hair, things seem to be healing nicely and hoping to get a haircut at month 1 as well. Currently wearing a hat/beanie to work daily until my old hair grows back enough to look similar to how I was prior to the procedure.

Unfortunately just hit my head on the corner of something that was sharp, enough to cause some bleeding. It’s been just over 3 weeks, is there a chance I lost or damaged some grafts? Planning on contacting Gabel tomorrow to be sure...
Chance is remote, heads bleed. And you're far past the area of concern in post-op when grafts are loose, they are usually almost impossible to dislodge by day 10.

Don't stress or fret nor over think it, Dr. Gabel will no doubt be reassuring, just tell him what happened in detail.

But from what you've described there's no reason to be alarmed.

Edited by Speegs

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the lack of updates! These pictures are right at the 3 month mark. Very excited to start seeing some growth, definitely notice a big improvement from month 2. Still a little bit of redness up there which is more noticeable depending on the lighting. Also please note the lighting in the pictures is quite generous! Been wearing hats/beanies for the last 3 months and definitely excited to not have to wear them. Put some physical things on hold due to the healing such as gym, kung fu, snowboarding...but these last few weeks was finally able to get back in to them which has been amazing!

unnamed.thumb.jpg.3d1fab6aa94fb64cb94a2e6c487ae2d5.jpg

unnamed-2.thumb.jpg.7e496ff8705deab56e083c330dbadd28.jpg

unnamed-3.thumb.jpg.5d84a96c88ad8ecb70399ae6771450bb.jpg

Now begins the fun part...the results will be subtle and you'll have to be patient, but check back 9 months post op and you should be pretty excited about what's showing up.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...