I’m losing my hair and I’m scared

Hi everyone I’m new to the forum . I’m a Norwood 2.. just started receding in temple n hairline .. it’s been a slow decline for me . It’s just this year where I’m accepting I might go bald .. and I’m scared .. I’m 38 and look very youthful still . My girlfriend is 25 and beautiful I’m afraid I’m going to look old in a few years with thinning hair .. then imma lose confidence in myself and won’t be able to keep her . my hair loss is making me sad ..

is it possible for me to go bald like mr. burns? Or will It eventually stop maybe to Norwood 3 ?

When did you start propecia? If you are a 38 year old NW2, you'll likely never be a Mr Burns.

Keep your body in shape and you'll be a hard of the majority of people, especially as your girl ages too.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for the advice .. it’s much appreciated.. the reason I feel I’m going bald because I went to the kaiser dermatologist to get a prescription for fin and when he saw me first thing he said was u gonna be bald like Bruce Willis .. without even using a microscope to check for miniaturization or any other test .. he’s a young Asian doctor that doesn’t have much experience in hairloss .. he didn’t even know if there was a DHT test or the positive and negative side effects of fin. I’m like is it that bad ? I’m 38 , with no family history of hair loss .. all of my brothers and father had thick thick hair like I used to have ..My hair loss has just begun to be noticeable .. well anyways it seemed like I knew more about hair loss than he did .. so I don’t trust his opinion ..

I’m getting a hair transplant next month with new hair institute with dr Jae Pak and William Rassman in California .. for 1000-1200 grafts for the frontal hairline .. right now my hair is too flat and I can’t comb it correctly ..

in my video interview with dr Rassman he said I’m not going to be bald . He said he will bet a million bucks on it ..

My question however .. is it okay for me to get the hair transplant , since I still have hair / miniaturized hair in the front .. will the surgery be beneficial to me ? Since there’s a chance that I could get shockloss and lose those hairs in the front .. I have fine hair and was losing hair when I shake my head .. but I’ve been on propecia for 2 months now .. n its a blessing .. my hair don’t fall out like it was .: propecia works ! Sides effects of lower libido has been tolerable . It’s better than losing hair .. I’m hoping propecia will thicken up my current hair and I be happy with that .

Also what Norwood am I ? Obvious recession in the hairline and some thinning on the crown . Im tired of having bad hair I want to look good again. At least until I’m 45 .. before I would need another transplant .. what u guys think ? Please help I get no help from doctors or friends .. this forum has been helping me get through this phase .. I’m more knowledgeable because of it .. thanks everyone for the advice

AFF4FD16-428C-4BA9-AA45-F35CBE3F05F6.thumb.jpg.fd892f5ef17debb1802bcc891c0ed0d0.jpg

34E0CD3C-BDCE-4574-A811-3F7616352C7F.thumb.jpg.07f4d53901fbf8d6c521e0c6c038395f.jpg

F4F457EC-8909-4EE6-A5AE-FB98178EB8B4.thumb.jpg.8840f25f8378f479f293f6fa02d9014b.jpg

I want to contribute to this community also and give my personal experience.. I was experiencing a slight recession in the temples 4 years ago . Told my kaiser general doctor of my fear of my hair loss .. he prescribed me rogaine.. I was a nowrwood 1 n felt like it made my hair worse so quit in 2 months .. cuz of the shedding ( my fault should of kept using it ) then was prescribed finasteride.. used it for 4 months.. n didn’t feel like it was helping my hair at the temples grow so I quit that too even though i think it helped .. it cus I was in denial that I had mpb I quitted fin .. 1 and a half year later in 2017 .. i lost about 30 percent of my hair in the top . N the front temples receded to be noticeable like how it is now .. I wished I would of stayed in finasteride in 2015 or else I wouldn’t be wasting $10K to get back what I lost with a hair transplant .. so no more denial .. I’ have to actively fight this hair battle n educate myself with hair loss .. Or imma lose this war ..

.. I’m still uneducated about hair loss however. N want confirmation if I have MPB or just getting old .. when I go get my hair transplant in a month. NHI / Rassman, n jae pak will do a bulk measurement of My hair n see the caliber of my hair and what future hair loss I should expect .. it would ease my mind n give me a plan of what I need to do .. that’s the main reason I chose them.. I want to know if I’m just getting old , or have MPB . Or is it because I smoke n drink too much .. I read somewhere that your hair indicates how your body is feeling .. so I’m hoping to understand things so I make the effort to do something about it ..

P.s. I feel the pain of the people on this forum .. I’m just starting to lose my hair n its damaging my mind . I can definitely feel the pain of others that has a more aggressive hair loss and at an early age .. just know it’s all good .. theres people out there that don’t Judge n feel ur pain ..

Thanks bad beat for your reply made me smile .. so I cutted my nails :)

But yeah my hair isn’t bad it’s just not as how it was .. Right now i don’t use any any products on my hair like hairspray n gel cuz I don’t want breakage .. but my hair doesn’t look good .. it’s just flat n provide coverage .. I had so much hair before I took it for granted .. always dyeing my hair n not keeping up with my nutrition. It’s time I stop those things.. but Damn losing hair n getting old sucks.. I’ve had a health condition in my early twenties that hasn’t let me enjoy life .. n now I’m dealing with hair loss also .. it’s a double whammy .. feeling depressed bout that.. I’m just trying to stay good looking so my girl will marry me one day.. I gotten used to being a good looking guy most my life n now realizing I’m getting old and age is affecting me.. I’m scared , old age , life , health condition n hair loss .. thanks for letting me vent .. it’s appreciated .

So at first when I notice my hair loss .. I started to tell my best friends , they didn’t think much of it cuz It wasn’t noticeable cuz of how I comb my hair like Justin Bieber to cover up the recession .. ever since then my one jack ass friend kept trying to notice my hair loss and point it out .. thinking he’s funny .. it wasn’t funny to me .. well I don’t consider him a best friend anymore but more of a long time friend .. n when I told my mom she was like that’s bad n humiliating .. I was like what the heck mom , losing hair isn’t shameful .. it’s just losing hair .. it has nothing to do with what kind of man I am.. so yeah I don’t look good as I used to to but I don’t feel ashamed cuz of my thinning hair .. I never done nothing wrong to anyone I still have confidence in that .. but yep .. get on propecia as soon as u can .. I wished I done it 2-3 years ago ,, would of kept most my hair .. it’s cuz I was in denial , n no support from friends and family and kaiser. But that’s my fault I didn’t open up to them n kept it to myself .. n didn’t know how to do research n read too many negative things about propecia. So wasteded years on shampoos n supplements , n $799 for a laser cap that didn’t seem to do much .. rogaine does grow miniaturized hairs .. but it’s not hair that is sustainable.. they break and fall off very easily .. propecia to me seems to make ur hair thicker so it won’t fall out of ur scalp as easily .. but so yeah .. I’m getting the hair transplant next month to give me back 5 years of my youth .. wishfully I won’t need another for awhile .. it’s so expensive n time consuming .. wish y’all the best

Haha thanks , I don’t mind being Jackie chan :)

What worries me is my hair caliber is thin throughout the top of my scalp .. it’s just I have A lot of hair still so it doesn’t Appear like I’m balding . Same amount of hair follicles just thinner n weaker . but doesn’t that mean I’m a patterned diffuse thinner .. I can go bald quickly since my hair only has a few good cycles left before they become too thin n fall out .. for example I was still a Norwood 1 . One year ago, but my hair has been shrinking in size for the last 3 years .. now my temples left side bald n right side receding to catch up with the other side .. in one year only, it did that .. now I’m a Norwood 2 heading to 3 in the next 2 year .. wishfully Fin will thicken things n halt the MPB so I can stay at a Norwood 2 for 5 -7 years I be happy .. while the hair transplant for 1200 to the hairline will bring me back what I lost .. that’s the game plan right now .. kinda want to head into my forties feeling confident about myself again ..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Alex .. I can feel your pain .. I’m panicking at the early onset of hair loss .n it’s stressful . people with a more aggressive hair loss and especially at an early age , it must be extra difficult . I hope things go well for you . Wish u the best In life .

Hey Alex .. I can feel your pain .. I’m panicking at the early onset of hair loss .n it’s stressful . people with a more aggressive hair loss and especially at an early age , it must be extra difficult . I hope things go well for you . Wish u the best In life .

It's all good, man. Gotta take what you can get. My hairline isn't total garbage so hopefully fin lets me hold it for a while and maybe replicel can keep me strong. We'll see. Either way, we're all in the same boat. Just know you're looking good now, man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...