Can transplanted grafts be transferred without scarring? (Sikh Male here)

Kickbuttmario

Hey guys. I posted a while back here on my difficulty on finding a hair transplant doctor. You can find the thread here.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187898-24m-sikh-traction-alopecia-need-advice-perhaps-surgeon-recommendation.html

Suffice to say, I ended up choosing Dr. Robert Jones in Oakville. I saw 6 doctors. Jeff Donovan, (representative) Canadian Scalp and Hair Assocation, Robert Jones, Aditiya Gupta, Paul Cotterill, and Chris Cole.

Excusing CS&HA and Gupta, the other 3 talked up Robert Jones, assuring me he was a solid choice.I originally wanted Jeff Donovan but he ended up quitting for some reason.

However, as you all know, I am a sikh and the sikh hairline is annoying to figure out. Especially at a young age. I suffered from traction alopecia. The hairline looked conservative, something many doctors would choose. However, the problem though is that the hair line he chose ended up being a 50/50 on good/strange/bad. He ended up putting some hair on my side burns, and both my parents and myself agree that it was never supposed to be there. EVER.

So the title of the thread stands. Can we remove, or retransplant the grafts somewhere else, with no scarring (because having scarring on my side burns will be something so sad for me), or is there no option. PS. I had the transplant yesterday on Nov 14th 2017. Thanks to those that can help.

Hey there. I posted some pics. Hope this helps. you guys with your answers. As you can see, the reason on why he did the hair line for the side burns, confused the living crap out of me.

Hey Kickbuttmario,

So you went through with the transplant in the end.....congratulations.

As mentioned by Mikey, the implants placed to your side areas are actually your temple points and not your side burns. You needed these areas addressed because the traction alopecia had eroded away your hair here as can be seen in the pic which I lifted from your previous thread. Without addressing these areas the final result will have looked half cooked.

As it stands, once grown out hopefully the end result will help frame your face and give you the confidence to move on.

Incidentally how many grafts did you have implanted?

Kickbuttmario.thumb.jpg.cf702b439e5f369aaa5babba608149b6.jpg

Hey. The issue is that the temples are not what they are. The side burns from the first thread, were that, the sides. He somehow (and for some bad reason) connected the sides to the temples in a very different AND NON hairline original way. It wasn't supposed to be that way. My own father and mother never ever saw this within anyone before.

I guess I am bummed out because it's not how I was supposed to look like, which is why I am confused about this.

The grafts he did were 2000.

PS. I know what you guys are speaking of. My dad showed me his, but I suppose it's not at all like I wanted.

IMG_20171116_005738.thumb.jpg.bc2fc55f2f6a821ba5c81094768c5999.jpg

IMG_20171116_005745.thumb.jpg.0a65ddeae68fd48e476910e4fd01dd1d.jpg

Edited by Kickbuttmario

Hey. The issue is that the temples are not what they are. The side burns from the first thread, were that, the sides. He somehow (and for some bad reason) connected the sides to the temples in a very different AND NON hairline original way. It wasn't supposed to be that way. My own father and mother never ever saw this within anyone before.

I guess I am bummed out because it's not how I was supposed to look like, which is why I am confused about this.

The grafts he did were 2000.

PS. I know what you guys are speaking of. My dad showed me his, but I suppose it's not at all like I wanted.

How did you want them?

can you show us an example of what you think you'll end up with and what you actually wanted because it's hard to figure out what you're trying to say. Your temple points were gone from the pic that Shera shared of you, with just doing the hairline and not addressing the temple points you'd have looked really unnatural, like to the point people would be thinking you were wearing a bad hair system.

Your dads temple points look mostly gone as well if not extremely thinned so not sure what you're showing there

I guess I am having a hard time describing this.

May I ask then, is it possible to remove said hair grafts and or replant them, in a way in which it can not cause any scarring at all?

Remove yes, you can use electrolysis or laser them out

Remove and replace yes but you're doing fue again and the removed hair is like your donor, you're getting a circular scar.

It's doubtful you could remove them with no scarring at all and replant. Have you talk ed to your doctor? What's he saying? I don't see anything wrong with your temple area.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Remove yes, you can use electrolysis or laser them out

Remove and replace yes but you're doing fue again and the removed hair is like your donor, you're getting a circular scar.

So its impossible to remove them now, without scarring? Even after the surgery was just 2 days ago.

If I will be quite frank, a part of me is having some regret. Knowing that some hair thinning is happening already and the solution for that is finasteride and/or another hair transplant. Which is why I am having second thoughts. I don't care if the money is spent. This issue has been causing so many issues that I am trying to settle it right away.

It's doubtful you could remove them with no scarring at all and replant. Have you talk ed to your doctor? What's he saying? I don't see anything wrong with your temple area.

He is mostly wanting to just balance the front, so it becomes more symmetrical. But mostly thinking of removing it right now.

He is mostly wanting to just balance the front, so it becomes more symmetrical. But mostly thinking of removing it right now.

you're going to come out of this looking better assuming it all grows out. You seem to not have had any idea of what to expect, I don't know how you got thru the consult with not knowing this was going to happen. If he did just your hairline you would have come out looking stupid, there is no sugar coating it, you needed some balance. You are 2 days out from surgery, in 6-8 months you'll be happy you trusted a docs expertise. Don't knee jerk react right now, if you want to laser it out you can always laser it out then, whether you do it now or later doesn't change the process of how it'll need to be removed. 2 days or 2 years later it's not going to come out any differently so why not see how it grows. We're all telling you that it all looks normal, no offense to your parents but they don't know hair transplants.