2800 FUT with Dr. Feriduni

giorgosris

Hi,

I would like to share with you my hair transplant experience with Dr. Feriduni in Hasselt (Belgium). I am 41 years old and I started losing my hair at the age of 20. 15 years ago, I had my first hair transplant in Greece with not great results (1800 grafts). So about one year ago I decided to have my second hair transplant with Dr. Feriduni because of his great reputation (searching and viewing different forums and especially this forum). The large number of great results convinced me that this was the right Doctor.

I had a FUT strip surgery with him 4 months ago with about 2800 grafts. Unfortunately, the Dr. could not take more grafts because of my bad elasticity so we’re limited on the frontal area. Dr. Feriduni is an excellent guy and I found the clinic to be very professional.

Attached you may find some pre op and post op photos taken by Dr. Feriduni. I’ll update this thread in about one month (5 month) because unfortunately until now there has been not hair growth.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

PRE_OP_4.thumb.jpg.effab8eb4de9afcf5b33b550ebd1bcc4.jpg

PRE_OP_3.thumb.jpg.488e9ec605434777b0214b9684ddaa04.jpg

PRE_OP_7.thumb.jpg.7408344ebd7b35b0d6d00547c26b621e.jpg

PRE_OP_9.thumb.jpg.b6d3d576e57f700911326889f23bab31.jpg

• 3 months later...

You must be the RARE patient that can't get at least 6K of FUT graphs available.

Appears you have good donor hair and without transplants would be a NW6.

Very early balding in your case and if you want more hair I would think you have at least another 4K of FUE available.

You just need more hairs if you want further coverage.

Much better hair line but you have a ways to go if you want to fill in those difficult areas on top. Sorry your first procedure didn't go well. With over 4,000 grafts total you were probably expecting more coverage. I was a Norwood VI, and had 5,000+ FUE grafts and got good coverage.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I am asking because I have not noticed any growth yet (except my hairline). Is there is a chance to see significant growth in the following months? I have searched this forum but I have not found people who have presented major improvement after 7-8 months of the operation.

There is a chance for growth but it is slim.

I think that you had some growth, also behind the hairline, but it is less than I would expect from 2800 FUT grafts. Did you contact the clinic already? Would be interesting to see, if the hair which we see is "new" or "old" hair.

I had my second surgery two years after the first. After my first surgery, new hair began growing around the three month mark. After my second surgery, the new hair was much slower to surface. Most of that growth occurred around the 5th month and beyond. Let’s hope you have a more delayed response on your second surgery like I did. Hang in there and best of luck to you.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I had my second surgery two years after the first. After my first surgery, new hair began growing around the three month mark. After my second surgery, the new hair was much slower to surface. Most of that growth occurred around the 5th month and beyond. Let’s hope you have a more delayed response on your second surgery like I did. Hang in there and best of luck to you.

Thank you very much for your response!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all again,

I am flying out for my second procedure with Dr. Feriduni using the FUE method. I'm both excited and nervous since this is my last chance.

I hope everything goes well, I will follow up with my entire experience.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, giorgosris said:

Hi to everyone. 

I am 6,5 months post up an I have noticed some growth, but not as much as I expected. I will let you know in detail in about 1-1,5 month. 

How many grafts did you have the second time? post some pics, hopefully you see improvement in the next few months, good luck

3 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

How many grafts did you have the second time? post some pics, hopefully you see improvement in the next few months, good luck

Thank you very much. I had  about 3.100 grafts. I will post pics asap

• Like 1

Wow, another 3100 grafts. I wish you all the best. You are on a long and bumpy road and most of us can feel with you. Please apologise for my following questions:

Did you insist of unshaven recipient in the first surgery? What about this time?

Why did you go all-in this time (instead of having subsequent small surgeries)? Was this your wish or the clinics recommendation?

Is the any explanation of the clinic why they believe the yield of FUE is better than FUT (which typically puts less stress to the grafts)?

What was your internal score for graft quality etc.?

23 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Wow, another 3100 grafts. I wish you all the best. You are on a long and bumpy road and most of us can feel with you. Please apologise for my following questions:

Did you insist of unshaven recipient in the first surgery? What about this time?

Why did you go all-in this time (instead of having subsequent small surgeries)? Was this your wish or the clinics recommendation?

Is the any explanation of the clinic why they believe the yield of FUE is better than FUT (which typically puts less stress to the grafts)?

What was your internal score for graft quality etc.?

1. No I do not insist in my first surgery. i just said that I it would be more convenient to me. I was more than 5 hours in the surgery room but I do not remember exactly. 

2. Clinics recommendation

3. There is such an opinion. We did not have a debate about the effectiveness of FUE or FUT

4. Sorry but I cannot understand your last question

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 10:59 PM, Gasthoerer said:

4. Means that feriduni has an internal score to evaluate the surgery. Graft quality, extraction, implantation. They score from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best. Typically they tell you this score. 

Dr Feriduni did not mention such a score. He just mentioned that the surgeries were successful.