2000 grafts FUE with Dr. Diep

JWHfue

Hope this is the right place for this. I wanted to share my experience with Dr. Diep at MHTA in Los Gatos, CA.

I received FUE treatment from Dr. Diep a little over a year ago, and what a difference a year makes!

I received between 2000 grafts to fill in your standard recession. My hairline’s always been a little high, so I brought it down a bit farther than it would have been naturally and added a slight widow’s peak for style. Dr. Diep did a great job making it all look full and natural.

I decided the day of to do slightly more grafts than originally quoted for a fuller look. You should consider for yourself whether or not you want to do that before you go in. You could say I got swept up in the moment, but I haven’t regretted the extra cost at all.

I’m not going to lie, recovery was tough. I’m very fair, so it took a while for the redness to go away. And you can see in the photos that it looked a little patchy when things started growing in, but that fixed itself over the course of the year. I was wearing hats for the first 6 months, and it took a full year to see all my results.

But now that my full results are here, I couldn’t be happier. I feel much more confident and happy with how I look. It was a large investment, but to me it was worth it.

IMG_2788.thumb.jpg.ba2c67b0c3c0f92302a543910bf07a4d.jpg

IMG_2806.thumb.jpg.efa210c623af7bd89e232d13f158b543.jpg

How far out are you in the first pic?

• 10 months later...

As a woman, I was saddened and embarrassed about my extreme loss of hairs on the front sides and temple areas. Researched Dr. Diep, and had ad a hair restoration procedure with Dr. Diep last year (2017). The results have been amazing. He is a true expert at this procedure for men and women. I plan to go back to him in several months for a 2nd procedure cause I need a little more density.  Dr. Diep is the Real Deal when it comes to this type of delicate work.  He is skilled with all types of hair textures, natural placement of hairs and which transplant procedure is best for your particular situation, and what works best for a female or male patient. He and his staff are competent, professional and kind.  Although I was nervous abt doing this procedure, Dr. diep's proven experience and expertise made me feel safe and hopeful about results.  I look forward to my next round for the Grand Finale. 

11 minutes ago, JWHfue said:

The first photo is about 6-10 weeks out. Enough for the swelling to clear up but not much growth. The second is about a year out, full results. I was impatient until then, but so worth it.

Im at 5.5 weeks out. No growth. When did u start noticing anything? And how careful were you about sunlight? Did u walk around in daylight?

12 minutes ago, JWHfue said:

The first photo is about 6-10 weeks out. Enough for the swelling to clear up but not much growth. The second is about a year out, full results. I was impatient until then, but so worth it.

And also was it closer to 6 or 10 weeks out. I feel like that is pretty large amount of time LOL

1 hour ago, literalno said:

And also was it closer to 6 or 10 weeks out. I feel like that is pretty large amount of time LOL

I honestly couldn’t tell you at this point it was so long ago, but I honestly didn’t see much growth until 3-6 months and it kept filling in until a year out. 

Hair takes a long time to cycle and grow. Just gotta be patient.

And, I was very strict about wearing a hat outside for the first several months.

46 minutes ago, JWHfue said:

I honestly couldn’t tell you at this point it was so long ago, but I honestly didn’t see much growth until 3-6 months and it kept filling in until a year out. 

And, I was very strict about wearing a hat outside for the first several months.

how about wearing one indoors where sun is shining through windows? I have a window in my room that is uncovered and sun shines through every damn morning but is not burning. Im wondering if it could be damaging

14 hours ago, JWHfue said:

Do you have any pictures from the 6th month? How would you say your progress was at that time? Was it still sparse or could you style it at that point? And how many % density do you think you got from 6 months to 1 year?