Long haircut styles after transplant?

I'm 11 months post FUT 1300 grafts with Dr. Path in Bkk, amazingly I never experienced any shedding and the hairs just kept growing the day after surgery. I really pushed for a low hairline and filled-in temples which for all intents and purposes is basically just as low as my early twenties; which I'm glad I did because it looks completely natural.

Both the transplanted area and especially the area behind it are much thinner though than a person with naturally thick hair... if I'm in the sun I have to use Toppix so scalp doesn't show through.

Question is, have any of you had any luck with stylish long haircut styles (3+ inches on top) or do you all do short styles to hide the lack of density? I've been doing the latter the last year myself in the mirror, since we don't have any barbers where I live. It'd be fun to grow out my hair on top, and head to the city to get a stylish haircut for once, but I don't want to show up and have the barber say it's way too thin. As you can see below, I blow dry it forward a lot which works but it's pretty messy/scraggily looking.

5b32f6c51af18_ScreenShot2017-11-03at7_48_44AM.png.4cb8eb22b04ab6ec2b6f52316908d5c8.png