2,614 Grafts with Dr Bloxham at Feller & Bloxham, Oct 2017

Midwesterner

Hey Midwestern looking good! I had a 3500 graft FUT done by Dr Bloxham back on Nov 27 bout a month after you! I think i'm starting to see new growth as well. Supposedly the third month is when the growth begins. How's your donor looking? Perhaps you could include those pics as well. Check out my album if you have a minute. The pics are dated so you can see my weekly progress.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B135Uzl7VCpbDf

Hi there hitherehair!

I looked at your album. Those pictures look all too familiar to me!! Your surgery looks very similar to my surgery. Yours was a little bigger though. I think I am just starting to see growth. I am at 14 weeks approximately now. I am out of the ugly duckling phase as they call it on here. Looking better and better.

My donor looks good. I have not had any issues with it whatsoever. My scar has always been difficult to pick up, but I did leave my hair longer than yours.

I am trying to be more active on the forum so I will follow your progress. It looks good to me so far!

Hey hitherehair. I'm putting a recent picture of my donor below. I have not had any issues at all. I think leaving my hair longer helped. I know all guys can't do this, but it helped me a lot during the recovery. I think I have a small amount of shock loss below it still, but the scar looks great even right now. It could stay like this and I would be all good!

20171226.jpg

Awesome! I think i'm having a bit of shock loss above and below as well. Perhaps this is why it's so visible when you look at the back of my head. But hey, were still extremely early in the game and shouldn't be making complete assessments. How's your recipient? You should definitely be seeing some noticeable growth at this point.

I think I have some shock loss right below too. Keeping mine longer definitely helped. Dr Bloxham told me almost everyone has some shock around the scar, but it is temporary.

My recipient is looking better all the time! I recently cut it shorter and tried some coloring. I definitely have more hair so it was possible to do more with it at the barber.

I am very happy with how it is growing in. The right side is a lot slower than the left, but I asked Dr Bloxham about this and he said it is totally normal.

Here is a picture around 15 weeks

520987334.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Things are really happening now! I am going to put in a picture I took at about 18 weeks. Really seeing some growth now! My hair is about all the same length too and I am actually really liking it short. Haven't looked like this in years. I would be happy even if it stopped here, but Dr Bloxham says I am just getting started!

IMG956040.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Let my hair grow a little bit more (taking biotin which seems to make it grow very fast) and I am starting to see everything come together now. I like this top picture I took recently. I am really happy with how much better the back parts of the middle and the very back look with the new transplant in the front. This picture is right around 5 months. Excited!!!

524026102.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi all!!!

Got caught up with things and missed my 6 month update. I am going to share picture I took somewhere between 6 and a half and 7 months. I am just a little over 7 months now, and VERY happy with my hair. I would be happy if it stopped here, but I sent dr bloxham the pictures and he said I still have a lot left to grow!

Here are the pictures. Let me know what you think and if you guys think I really have more to come!

95639788.jpg

95639487.jpg

• Like 1

Almost forgot to say that Dr Bloxham also told me he would put my current pictures in the side by side view with my pictures before surgery so I can see how far I have come. I will put that up here when he sends it.

• 2 months later...

Everything looks different here! I hope I do this right.......

I am going to share pictures taken right around 9 months. I am VERY happy with where I am at now. Dr Bloxham said it still looks 'immature' and will thicken even more, but I am totally happy with where it is now. I have achieved my goal and I am also happy with how much better the back looks with the transplanted hairs in the front. Dr Bloxham said this would happen but I was not sure until I saw it all combed together. 

My hair is kind of wet in the pictures and I just had a shorter haircut, but I think youll get the idea. I also tried to show a picture of the scar but it is very hard to pick up. My barber has a hard time finding it! The doctor said I have tighter skin and he expected it to heal well and it really did. 

I found the original consultation pictures I sent Dr Feller and Dr Bloxham too, so I am going to try and put those up soon. I also tried to make these smaller because the other ones all come up huge! 

244652969.jpg

244648909.jpg

244710014.jpg

244703568.jpg

244732685.jpg

Edited by Midwesterner
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Wow really great stuff, looks very natural you must feel thrilled congrats. Please keep us updated on your progress.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

That is a good result.

Someone asked why you didn't do it earlier - for me it was simple, I got my 1st one at 64 years old in 2014.  If I had it done in my 20's that would have been back in the 70's when they were making incisions with stone tools and 1/4 inch drill bits. That's the Dolls Head years - no thanks. 

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am almost at 12 months. October 30 will officially be a year. Things are right where I hoped they would be and I am VERY happy! I want to share a picture I took with my phone earlier. My hair is longer than normal, but this picture really shows how well this worked for me!! I am going to get a haircut soon and then I will have someone else take better pictures for the almost 1 year. I also want to see if Dr Bloxham can put some of these pictures next to each other with his pictures. This way everyone can see the comparison. 

So happy I got this done!!!! 

956774.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1