Great FUE Physicians in the USA

Anonymous84

Hello Fellow Members,

I am here seeking counsel and advice for a FUE hair transplant. As with most men, I find a certain identity with my hair and have great concerns about balding or going bald. The stress it generates for me probably only contributes to the problem and ultimately I have decided to explore my options.

I would say that I'm in the fact finding phase of my journey. Money isn't necessarily an issue, but I want to be sure that if I make this kind of investment I actually see results. This is absolutely why I will put in the time to do my research. If anyone could provide any advice/testimonials regarding reputable FUE physicians or their recommendation I would greatly appreciate it. I would prefer to stay in the US, but wouldn't necessarily rule out traveling abroad. Thanks in advance and God bless you all.

Anonymous84, all you really need to do is hang around this place for a couple of months and you will see repeated names and good results and find out who the superstar Physicians are.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Hi Anonymous84,

I've had a FUE session. I am a hair loss sufferer. I am totally biased. TOTALLY. While I feel my doctor is the best, I'm sure others who are pleased with their work feel the same way about their surgeon. In an effort to be helpful and unbiased - check out the navigation bar near the top of the webpage. On the left it starts with "Home" and at the other end is "Find a Surgeon". Click on it to see a list of vetted hair restoration practices. Or to make it easy:

Find the best hair transplant doctors

Hoping you like Texas, home of the World Series Champions- Houston Astros! It has been a long wait, our first win.

ArochaAngel4247

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

Like Voxman said, if you stay on this forum long enough, you'll start to see who a lot of the top surgeons are (or at least the ones that tend to get the most love). You can also use the list of recommended surgeons on this site as a starting point. Read posts from guys who talk about their research and how they chose the surgeons they did, etc. Then once you narrow down your choices, set up consultations, talk to former patients, etc. Take your time and be thorough and you'll set yourself up well for a successful procedure.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Like Voxman said, if you stay on this forum long enough, you'll start to see who a lot of the top surgeons are (or at least the ones that tend to get the most love). You can also use the list of recommended surgeons on this site as a starting point. Read posts from guys who talk about their research and how they chose the surgeons they did, etc. Then once you narrow down your choices, set up consultations, talk to former patients, etc. Take your time and be thorough and you'll set yourself up well for a successful procedure.

Pkipling,

Thank you for sharing. It looks like you achieved tremendous results. Quite frankly, this has proven to be a pretty daunting task to say the least. It’s nice to have a community to be able to discuss this openly. Might I ask you a few questions about your procedure?

1) Was your FUE transplant conducted manually or was some sort of robotic assistance used?

2) How involved was Dr Mohebi with the actuall procedure? Did he extract the grafts from the donor zone as well as place them in the recepient zone(s)?

I agree with everyone above, do your homework on this website, take your time, schedule a consult, and choose the doctor you’re most comfortable with. I had surgery with Carolina Hair Surgery in 2012. Dr. Vories consults with all his patients via web consult online as well as in person at one of his two clinics. He maps out a plan for you and extracts and places all of the grafts himself. Best of luck with your decision and your off to a great start comunicating on this website. To see my before/afters since 2012 visit my website at My FUE Hair Transplant.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree with everyone above, do your homework on this website, take your time, schedule a consult, and choose the doctor you’re most comfortable with. I had surgery with Carolina Hair Surgery in 2012. Dr. Vories consults with all his patients via web consult online as well as in person at one of his two clinics. He maps out a plan for you and extracts and places all of the grafts himself. Best of luck with your decision and your off to a great start comunicating on this website. To see my before/afters since 2012 visit my website at My FUE Hair Transplant.

Hello John,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for commenting and providing your input/advice. Would I be correct in stating that you are from Louisville, KY? Ironically enough, I live in New Albany, IN which is only about 20 minutes north of Louisville. I would definitely like to learn more about your journey and the procedure you had done with Dr. Vories. I haven't figured out how to send private messages yet. What would be the best method for me to contact you in a more direct manner?

Yes...I live in the Louisville area and would be more than happy to talk with you. I just sent you a private message with my contact info. I’ve met others in the past at local coffee shops in the Louisville area so they could see my hair first-hand and I can answer any questions. Hope to hear from you soon.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Pkipling,

Thank you for sharing. It looks like you achieved tremendous results. Quite frankly, this has proven to be a pretty daunting task to say the least. It’s nice to have a community to be able to discuss this openly. Might I ask you a few questions about your procedure?

1) Was your FUE transplant conducted manually or was some sort of robotic assistance used?

2) How involved was Dr Mohebi with the actuall procedure? Did he extract the grafts from the donor zone as well as place them in the recepient zone(s)?

It can be a very daunting task indeed, so try not to get overwhelmed. You want to do research and make an informed decision, but keep in mind that there is no "one correct answer/surgeon" out there for everyone. As you do your research, you'll find that your drawn to certain surgeons more than others and I always think the final decision comes down to listening to your gut about which way to proceed.

My FUE was done manually by Dr. Mohebi. At the time of my procedure, he wasn't using ARTAS at all... And even now, he only uses it when he feels it can give the same results that he can get manually. He is well-versed in FUE, Strip, and ARTAS and tailors the method based on each patient's specific situation.

As for his involvement, as with most surgeons, he does all the extractions himself and makes all the recipient sites/designs the hairline himself. These are the most important factors of any hair transplant procedure and what every surgeon should always be doing. He has a team of highly experienced technicians who he's worked with for years who do the placement and he oversees every single aspect of this. (There's often this misconception that a surgeon should perform every part of the procedure from start to finish, but not only can that be unrealistic and unsustainable, there's an argument to be made that you don't want a surgeon who does this... but that's a whole other conversation.)

Happy to help answer any other questions you may have.

ALSO... John Casper... I had no idea you were from Kentucky. I'm a KY native myself, but have ended up on the west coast. Just wanna give a shoutout from one blade of bluegrass to another... :cool:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Hello Fellow Members,

I am here seeking counsel and advice for a FUE hair transplant. As with most men, I find a certain identity with my hair and have great concerns about balding or going bald. The stress it generates for me probably only contributes to the problem and ultimately I have decided to explore my options.

I would say that I'm in the fact finding phase of my journey. Money isn't necessarily an issue, but I want to be sure that if I make this kind of investment I actually see results. This is absolutely why I will put in the time to do my research. If anyone could provide any advice/testimonials regarding reputable FUE physicians or their recommendation I would greatly appreciate it. I would prefer to stay in the US, but wouldn't necessarily rule out traveling abroad. Thanks in advance and God bless you all.

I had 2 FUE procedures with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa. It's an hour flight from the NY area where I live and its in North America so to me, that's as local as you can get. He's a top notch surgeon and his FUE results are as good as his strip surgeries. I had several consultations with excellent doctors in the US and Canada before settling on Rahal, and I'm glad I did. You also now have Hasson & Wong doing FUE in Canada. I'm sure there are many doctors in the US as well, but these 2 were always on my short list. Good luck.

I had 2 FUE procedures with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa. It's an hour flight from the NY area where I live and its in North America so to me, that's as local as you can get. He's a top notch surgeon and his FUE results are as good as his strip surgeries. I had several consultations with excellent doctors in the US and Canada before settling on Rahal, and I'm glad I did. You also now have Hasson & Wong doing FUE in Canada. I'm sure there are many doctors in the US as well, but these 2 were always on my short list. Good luck.

Thanks Home1212. I appreciate the thoughtful feedback.

• 2 months later...