Night before the big day

Jimmy86

So here I am laying on a bed in a hotel in Visakhapatnam, india the night before my first ever transplant and i cant explain the feelings im going through, Excitement, anxious, worried, i feel so many different emotions at the moment its making me sick.

To start off with ive never been overseas before so coming from a country like Australia and travelling to india well.. this whole thing has been quite daunting to say the least, i landed last night at the vizag airport and once I cleared immigration i immediately had some random homeless looking guy approach me and basically demanded that he help me carry my luggage, he wouldnt take no for an answer so i ended up letting him and he took me to a seedy lookin guy and said he was a taxi man to say i was scared woulda been an understatement, he then put my bag in the cab "3rd world shit box" and stood there looking at me thats when i realized he did that for money lol so i pretty much jumped straight into the cab and off we go, the drive was, well... let's just say I really didn't think I was going to make it to the hotel, there are basically no road rules here and this guy was weaving in and out of trucks at high speed with motorcycles crossing our path and everyone is constantly beeping at each other WTF!!! I literally thought i was going to die!! Ive been here about 24 hrs now and have not seen one "white person" anywhere!!! i stand out like a pair of dogballs at this place. I decided to walk to a near by shop this morning and i got half way around the corner and noticed every single person kept staring at my brand new white shoes i was wearing so i decided that if i want to live long enough to get a transplant then i need to get back to the hotel and swap em for my flip flops which i did very quickly. i also took off my sunnys and changed into some older less newer clothes and headed back out there, After i got back, without going into detail let's just say I refuse to go back out into those streets unless it's for needing to go to the surgery which is across the road and even getting there is like playing a game of fogger across 4 lanes of insanity.

Im absolutely shitting myself!!!

And on top of that my mind is racing just thinking if this transplant is going to go well.

OMG KILL ME NOW!!!!

Hi Jimmy86. Welcome to India. Don't worry everything will be fine. VIzag is one of the safest city in India. Best of luck for your HT.:)

So here I am laying on a bed in a hotel in Visakhapatnam, india the night before my first ever transplant and i cant explain the feelings im going through, Excitement, anxious, worried, i feel so many different emotions at the moment its making me sick.

To start off with ive never been overseas before so coming from a country like Australia and travelling to india well.. this whole thing has been quite daunting to say the least, i landed last night at the vizag airport and once I cleared immigration i immediately had some random homeless looking guy approach me and basically demanded that he help me carry my luggage, he wouldnt take no for an answer so i ended up letting him and he took me to a seedy lookin guy and said he was a taxi man to say i was scared woulda been an understatement, he then put my bag in the cab "3rd world shit box" and stood there looking at me thats when i realized he did that for money lol so i pretty much jumped straight into the cab and off we go, the drive was, well... let's just say I really didn't think I was going to make it to the hotel, there are basically no road rules here and this guy was weaving in and out of trucks at high speed with motorcycles crossing our path and everyone is constantly beeping at each other WTF!!! I literally thought i was going to die!! Ive been here about 24 hrs now and have not seen one "white person" anywhere!!! i stand out like a pair of dogballs at this place. I decided to walk to a near by shop this morning and i got half way around the corner and noticed every single person kept staring at my brand new white shoes i was wearing so i decided that if i want to live long enough to get a transplant then i need to get back to the hotel and swap em for my flip flops which i did very quickly. i also took off my sunnys and changed into some older less newer clothes and headed back out there, After i got back, without going into detail let's just say I refuse to go back out into those streets unless it's for needing to go to the surgery which is across the road and even getting there is like playing a game of fogger across 4 lanes of insanity.

Im absolutely shitting myself!!!

And on top of that my mind is racing just thinking if this transplant is going to go well.

OMG KILL ME NOW!!!!

Jimmy86 this is so funny to read. I'm Indian myself and i can remember the first time i went and most recently in fact. It's an intimidating and daunting experience especially travelling around. Walking on the streets can be a nightmare as well. One thing i learnt very quickly on my most recent trip is do not offer any money to anyone that is asking for it. You'll get them asking for more and they'll get their friends and it gets quite aggressive. Keep yourself to yourself and you'll be just fine mate. Not sure how long you're planning to stay in India but you'll end up really liking the place after a couple of days, believe me!

Hope your procedure goes well and keep us posted!! All the best!

Hopefully you survived the culture shock and the hair transplant was a success and you're now recovering quite nicely. Looking forward to a positive update. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56