A Low-Risk Approach to Filling a Young Man's Crown (Carlos K. Wesley, M.D.)

Billena

This 29-year-old patient had prior FUE sessions in the frontal region and midscalp areas of his crown. The FUE procedures included beard FUE grafts into his midscalp. He desired more hair in his crown, but his donor reserve was limited and - in his 20s - he was almost certain to have more thinning in his donor region.

This patient received 2 PRP sessions as well as the daily use of the topical hair growth blend (HGB) provided by Dr. Wesley. The images depict the patient before and about one year after initiating this non-surgical therapy.

Slide2-10.jpg

Slide1-17.jpg

I don’t believe this sorry, prp is not proven to grow hair on a totally bald scalp and he’s crown is bald and to be honest if you look at both pictures the head shapes are different also he’s neck and ears are not the same as 1st picture, I think your trying to dupe us

Thanks for your comments. The results are real and nobody is being "duped". I've posted a close-up before and after of this patient's crown. In it, you can see that miniaturized hairs were indeed present.

I strongly encourage everyone to take a look at the Grand Rounds Lecture I gave regarding the efficacy of PRP on genetic hair loss. While PRP is certainly not the answer for all patients, it can have a positive impact on the right type of patient. We are continuing to monitor patient outcomes after PRP to determine the ideal hair characteristics for this procedure.

This patient has NOT taken Propecia. However, HGB (our hair growth blend) does contain a topical finasteride component. It is described in a bit more detail on this page.

Slide4.jpg

I can tell it's the same patient. The close-up nails it, but the first set of photos show the same guy but his head is tilted slightly different between the two sets of photos. A nice testament to what PRP can achieve.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is impressive. Dr. Wesley is an upstanding, ethical physician so I don't believe he is trying to fool us or lie. Thus, I would like to learn more about this "blend" treatment which obviously does contain finasteride.

Dr. Wesley, can you please tell us what is in this HGB treatment as we believe full transparency is important here.

Thanks,

Bill