27 year old NW 2 looking for advice/ experiences

Hello!

Im a 27 year old man from Alberta Canada. I noticed when I was 20 years old that my hairline was receding. I was insecure about it but couldn't do much. Luckily now it hasnt really progressed since then and my dad had the same hair line. There is no balding in my family aside from a receded hair line. Both of grand fathers also had a full head of hair. So now that Im a bit older and Im not anticipating any more lose of hair I figured it was time to start looking into an HT. Ive done some research and I have a bit of knowledge on the subject. Unfortunately where I am from we don't have many choices for surgeons. Because of that it is hard to get a consult. Ive already decided on a surgeon. I would very much like to go to Dr. Rahal in Ottawa Ontario. So I have a few questions and I am hoping some of you might be able to answer them.

1) based on my pictures how many Grafts would I need to restore my hair line?

2) what kind of results should I expect?

3) am I a good candidate for an HT?

4) what would be approx cost be?

5) is there any advice you can offer me?

I know these are hard questions to answer but anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

15087215811471892491781.thumb.jpg.5e9e986bec387b95b5d1248fb539fa9b.jpg

15087216282671776018363.thumb.jpg.362bcb5376445f7a7a1fcd7859984de2.jpg

150872165186667069045.thumb.jpg.6d7dda8e27cbd5bb92b194a9f9df0369.jpg

1508721696499609871352.thumb.jpg.ca51128279a84bfada82e05303a08ba2.jpg

Rahal is a great choice. I would think around 2500 grafts would be ideal for restoring NW1. He is quite expensive I think so 10K+ probably, not sure how much per graft he charges exactly. Cheaper options in Turkey. You a good candidate for a hair transplant.

What are your goals? Could you draw a line on what you want to do?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Predicting future loss isn't an exact science I'm afraid. The second pic appears to show quite substantial receding and honestly I'd be surprised if it didn't continue to progress.

Sorry if I seem a bit negative, but you're young and have to assume that without meds your hair loss will continue. I'd suggest a consult with Dr. Rahal to get an expert opinion on your situation. You do appear to have good donor hair from the pics so no reason why you can't get a great result.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I would classify your recession to be more in line with the Norwood 3 scale than a 2. if you were just a two I'd say don't pursue surgery at this time.

As it is I'd say pursue preventative treatments to see if you can't stabilize any additional hair loss from occurring with finasteride.

Most doctors are going to want to pursue an age appropriate hairline with you that takes into account potential future loss, so realistically most will want to return you to a Norwood 2 range as that is what a mature hairline looks like rather than a juvenile one.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I appreciate all of the feedback. Looking back I agree I am an NW3. The only reason I say I wont reced much further is because this hairline runs in my family and seems to stabilize at this point. It hasnt changed in the last 3 years. Ive contacted Dr.Rahal for a consult and also with another clinic closer to myself.

I appreciate all of the feedback. Looking back I agree I am an NW3. The only reason I say I wont reced much further is because this hairline runs in my family and seems to stabilize at this point. It hasnt changed in the last 3 years. Ive contacted Dr.Rahal for a consult and also with another clinic closer to myself.

Don't let geography hinder your research, in the digital age there's no need for that to be the deciding factor, you can communicate and Skype with excellent doctors across North America.

For example, I live in Austin, Texas and went all the way to Portland, Oregon for my last two procedures, and my lone regret is I didn't go there the first time.

Don't let geography hinder your research, in the digital age there's no need for that to be the deciding factor, you can communicate and Skype with excellent doctors across North America.

For example, I live in Austin, Texas and went all the way to Portland, Oregon for my last two procedures, and my lone regret is I didn't go there the first time.

I'm wanting to see the doctor here just as a consult to get a professional opinion on my hair. I've done some serious research into doctors and the reason I chose Dr.Rahal was because his reputation as one of the best in the business. Im willing to fly out there and shell oout the $10,000+ for the best possible out come.

So can I safely assume you are happy with your procedures? Do you have post here I could look at relating to your surgery

I'm wanting to see the doctor here just as a consult to get a professional opinion on my hair. I've done some serious research into doctors and the reason I chose Dr.Rahal was because his reputation as one of the best in the business. Im willing to fly out there and shell oout the $10,000+ for the best possible out come.

So can I safely assume you are happy with your procedures? Do you have post here I could look at relating to your surgery

Yeah I'm pretty happy with Dr. Gabel, he's in Oregon not far from the Canadian border, so he's not a bad option for you as he's not too much further than Hasson & Wong, who are BC based.

Feel free to PM me and I'll give you my email, I'm a little gun shy about posting pics on the internet for privacy reasons, but will gladly talk to you in depth about my experiences and share with you in private.

I understand what you're going through, I had my first HT around your age, I'm about 6 years older than you.

I agree with Speegs, do not let geography hinder your research. Definitely consult with some doctors in the US as well. I'm a fellow Canadian, and we are around the same age and I headed south for my first procedure. It was a FUE with Dr. Konior and it was literally the best decision of my life. Dr. K is simply amazing. I would seriously consider consulting with him as well, especially since your considering FUT by the looks of it. The price difference won't be THAT significant either considering Dr. Konior usually achieves more with less grafts. Good luck with your research!

There's a fine line between a NW2 and a NW3 and it's important to take into account where your hairline originally was before it started receding. I would guess that your hairline was never super low. Your photos actually remind me of those I took of myself when I was around your age.

I'm thinking that Dr Rahal will recommend around 2500 grafts. Have you been in contact with the clinic yet?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

hi mate, id put you at a norwood 3V as i can start seeing slight thinning at your crown, in your position i would recommend starting on meds and leaving surgery alone for now assess it once you hit over 30 as im a strong believer in not getting work done in your 20s

There's a fine line between a NW2 and a NW3 and it's important to take into account where your hairline originally was before it started receding. I would guess that your hairline was never super low. Your photos actually remind me of those I took of myself when I was around your age.

I'm thinking that Dr Rahal will recommend around 2500 grafts. Have you been in contact with the clinic yet?

Ive just recently sent in some info and waiting for them to contact me. So hopefully I will hear back shortly. My hair line was always higher up its pretty common in my family we all have big foreheads.

As for thinning at the crown Im not sure I am. Jus because my cow lick has always been like that but it will take closer examination to be sure.

As some have stated its worth getting a few opinions from other doctors. Dr.Konior should definitely be on your list. I've had an in person consult with this guy and he is everything he is described to be. No nonsense and tells you how it is! If it weren't for his wait list, I would've gone with him without any hesitation. I had a Skype consult with Dr.Gabel a couple of days ago and this guy is brilliant as well! He's an easy going person and very patient. I was speaking to him for over 90mins and he answered every question I had. A great person if again you want an honest, no bullsh1t opinion. Dr Cooley is another one who is very good as well. There maybe others but I have had direct experience with all of the above and would recommend them in a heart beat to anyone.

Ive just recently sent in some info and waiting for them to contact me. So hopefully I will hear back shortly. My hair line was always higher up its pretty common in my family we all have big foreheads.

As for thinning at the crown Im not sure I am. Jus because my cow lick has always been like that but it will take closer examination to be sure.

High hairlines do tend to run in families and it isn't a bad thing. Keeping the transplanted hairline higher will 'fit' with your particular 'look', if you know what I mean.

You might have some loss at the crown but if you do then it's only very minimal. If someone has extensive loss then that's easy to call, but when it's only minimal then what matters is whether it has changed.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Certainly give Dr. Rahal serious consideration. I get nothing out of promoting him, but he's 2-for-2 in the two frontal surgeries I've had with him.

First link in my signature below would be a good read for you, man...

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)