Dr Cooley - July 2017

A lot of the posts over the past week have some amazing results in the first 7 months so I'm feeling a bit disheartened on my progress. I'll have reached 6 months in 15 days and it doesn't feel/look like where I should be at this point in the game. I believe the clinic in closed at the moment so I'll reach out to Lollie next week; maybe I'm over reacting?

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

Shout out to Lollie for taking the time to respond to my email on the last working day of the year; I need to stop being envious of all the recent quick home runs and be patient. Dr Cooley has excellent results so just have to have faith and take it one day at a time.

Thanks HTREGRETS for your support

How are you holding up? Hoping you're very excited!

6 months is still very early. You had a lot of grafts in a small area, with favorable hair characteristics, you're result is going to be great! Hang in there

Wanted to drop a quick line:

Dr Cooley emailed me on his day off calming my fears. I wanted to emphasize that he took the time on his precious day off to message me. Dr Cooley and his entire team are a class act; I'm confident that if you are a patient/thinking about being a patient, they will ensure that any questions/concerns you have will be addressed promptly.

Wanted to drop a quick line:

Dr Cooley emailed me on his day off calming my fears. I wanted to emphasize that he took the time on his precious day off to message me. Dr Cooley and his entire team are a class act; I'm confident that if you are a patient/thinking about being a patient, they will ensure that any questions/concerns you have will be addressed promptly.

I echo the above. Likewise, Dr Cooley has been in touch with me throughout the Xmas period to see how things are going with me and has also answered some of my questions. A class act indeed!

I totally agree with HTREGRETs, your going to be just fine in a month or two. I'm confident that you will look back at this post and think "what was all the fuss about".

Thanks man

I echo the above. Likewise, Dr Cooley has been in touch with me throughout the Xmas period to see how things are going with me and has also answered some of my questions. A class act indeed!

I totally agree with HTREGRETs, your going to be just fine in a month or two. I'm confident that you will look back at this post and think "what was all the fuss about".

Day 174

I'm one week away from 6 months so I took some pictures replicating my parting from day 43.

I've been parting my hair lately like in picture 1 but to replicate the parting from day 43 I've made it more similar to show any changes

1..thumb.jpg.ed8b990f8e63e1733b82f58363b708cd.jpg

2..thumb.jpg.ef892e9cc83babf0e717e290572a0019.jpg

3..thumb.jpg.ae383f34eeb7623c4d50c0206ddb3a1a.jpg

4..thumb.jpg.1df271475958be3e804d02384ff19222.jpg

5b32f85693d7b_DAY43AUG29.thumb.jpg.4d0a40dd755bc879f729f91630aa68fc.jpg

5b32f856bb67d_DAY43AUG29A.thumb.jpg.7ab2f5cb4a18649fcf77f821c9d05937.jpg

• 2 months later...

So things have really improved since my last post here.

8 months are coming up next week and will have an update with pictures then.

Honestly speaking: I don't think about my hair much anymore. It doesn't dominate my thoughts when I wake up nor does it keep me up at night. Peace of mind = priceless.

I can go to work with my hair wet and brushed back which I haven't done in years. I can style my hair in more than 2 ways which wasn't possible a year ago.

So things have really improved since my last post here.

8 months are coming up next week and will have an update with pictures then.

Honestly speaking: I don't think about my hair much anymore. It doesn't dominate my thoughts when I wake up nor does it keep me up at night. Peace of mind = priceless.

I can go to work with my hair wet and brushed back which I haven't done in years. I can style my hair in more than 2 ways which wasn't possible a year ago.

Usually the sign of a successful transplant. Look forward to your latest pics.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Today is day 238 (38 weeks) since day of procedure

I had to take the missus to the doc and coincidentally found myself in the same room as day 85 so I tried to take a pic at the same angle, with the same parting to have an apples to apples comparison

Day 85 on the left

Day 238 on the right

I'd like to think things have really improved

Going into this process I thought I'd be a fast grower and I was frustrated when 3-4 months in I was going at a turtle's pace. One has to find patience and be positive.

Looking forward to the next few months to see if there are any further improvements.

However the biggest benefit so far is for my mental state: peace of mind. My hair imperfections weighed me down for years; I used to have a ton of hair and having my hairline recede and thin in the front beat me down. I would always be wary of harsh lighting; walking around with wet hair, even the wind.

Enough of my babbling; have a great evening

5b32fa2014c47_1_LEFT.thumb.jpg.f5b0a9fdc59e4ba4865c16004e31d5a2.jpg

5b32fa203228f_DAY238MAR12.thumb.jpg.f6d2b657ec7773ae559f4f63282fc806.jpg

Thank you; I feel most of the growth became apparent after the 6 month mark. In an ideal world, all patients would have a full result @ 6 months unfortunately everyone is different. Main thing is we all get the result we hope for

Looking forward to seeing your pics, and encouraging to know that growth continues to a noticeable degree after the 6 month mark. Congrats on the successful result!

Thanks man; how are things going with you? You should be around 3 months right?

Looking GREAT!! Major improvement from your pre-surgery pictures. Talking about your hair worries going away is priceless. Congrats!! Dr. Cooley did a phenomenal job!!

• 3 weeks later...

Already a big improvement and I think you have a lot more thickening and improvement to come - I usually notice a good amount of improvement for most guys between beginning of month 8 and month 10 and then some more gradual improvement from month 10 to month 12.

Quick question though, if it is day 238 then doesn't that mean you are in week 34 not week 38? If so, then that means you are even earlier in the process than you thought

• 3 months later...
On 4/2/2018 at 5:36 PM, jcs87 said:

Already a big improvement and I think you have a lot more thickening and improvement to come - I usually notice a good amount of improvement for most guys between beginning of month 8 and month 10 and then some more gradual improvement from month 10 to month 12.

Quick question though, if it is day 238 then doesn't that mean you are in week 34 not week 38? If so, then that means you are even earlier in the process than you thought

Sorry for the late response; haven't been on here that much. Shame on me for my poor math; you are correct; picture was taken on week 34 not 38. I am coming up to 12 months on July 17th. Haven't seen my scar yet so will take and upload pictures of that as well as how things have gone

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday marks  exactly 52 weeks since I was in the chair. Time really has flown by. I don't obsess over my hair like I used to. I don't wake up at odd hours of the night trying to style my hair to cover the thinning areas. I'm not as nervous as I used to be standing in well lit rooms or even have pictures taken of me. 

Today I had to have a photo taken in front of some bright lights; to see a comparison of before I have attached a picture from Nov 2016 when I had to do a presentation. 

Once in a while there are thoughts of hair greed that have come across my mind but after seeing this pic from Nov 2016 and today's then those desires go away. I'm very happy with how things are looking. I don't take any meds so there is always that fear one day I may need more work but for the moment I'm going to continue enjoying these results and living life.

**I'll try to post better resolution photos shortly; I just realized the resolution from zooming in and cropping these ones aren't the best but hopefully you can see the differences**

NOV 2016.png

JUL 18 2018.png

Edited by forgotpassword
adding some lines

• 3 weeks later...