How'd Dr. Madhu become a recommended surgeon on here if he doesn't place most grafts?

I thought I'd found my ideal clinic to book with until I read that he only contributes to the frontal hairline. Was the work he submitted to become a recommended physician on this site done by him or his team as it would be done if I had a transplant with him today?

Few hair restoration physicians perform 100% of a hair transplant. A patient should expect the surgeon to harvest the donor grafts and create the recipient sites.

In the case of FUE, this means the surgeon should punch out all the individual grafts. In the case of FUT, the surgeon will remove the donor strip and techs will dissect it under microscopic magnification. In both cases, techs typically do all the implanting. There are exceptions of course.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Personally I would not choose a doctor that places all the grafts in a large transplant. (2800-5000 grafts)

I would prefer an experienced, highly skilled team of technicians to share that 8-12 hour tedious work with the doctor overseeing everything.

I believe a highly skilled team of experienced technicians would deliver better results vs one person doing all that tedious work for many, many hours.....

but that's just my preference....2EachHisOwn.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Personally I would not choose a doctor that places all the grafts in a large transplant. (2800-5000 grafts)

I would prefer an experienced, highly skilled team of technicians to share that 8-12 hour tedious work with the doctor overseeing everything.

I believe a highly skilled team of experienced technicians would deliver better results vs one person doing all that tedious work for many, many hours.....

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Imagine doing anything repetitive for 8 hours straight!

I'd almost settled on either Dr. Madhu or Dr. Radha until the only recent information I could find on them was all negative, regarding unacceptable results and no correspondence with those clients when they sought answers :(

My sentiments exactly. I understand the knee-jerk appeal some people have when they hear a surgeon "does everything himself from start to finish", but given that surgeons are humans and not machines, I would much rather them work with a team of highly skilled technicians to assist them in the more tedious aspects of the job so they can be 100% alert and present for the more important aspects - namely, the extraction and the creation of the recipient sites. There's a reason most surgeons work this way.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56