Question about 3 months in

jaymiami

I'm at the 3 month mark now from when I had 2500 FUE done. It was approximately 1500 along my hairline and 500 for each temporal point. They told me that it takes about 4 months to see results and a year to really know what final results will look like. I'm only 3 months in but I haven't seen much change in a month and my temporal points look pretty strange right now. Does anyone have any opinion on whether it's normal to be this patchy, 3 months in?

fullsizeoutput_1311.thumb.jpg.46c22d3a158af0396281b8162241ff8e.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1313.thumb.jpg.82dfcb6155dc2693b8353c44d3698fc9.jpg

I'm at the 3 month mark now from when I had 2500 FUE done. It was approximately 1500 along my hairline and 500 for each temporal point. They told me that it takes about 4 months to see results and a year to really know what final results will look like. I'm only 3 months in but I haven't seen much change in a month and my temporal points look pretty strange right now. Does anyone have any opinion on whether it's normal to be this patchy, 3 months in?

Hi Jay,

Three months is about the time when growth starts to kick in with most patients so there's really nothing for you to worry about at this very early stage. You should start to see small hairs sprouting randomly across the implanted area over the coming months. The hairs will gradually thicken and mature and you are right in saying that it can take up to a year or even 18 months to see your final result.

You should now see a noticeable difference from month to month, exciting times, enjoy the ride!

This is very early days. Even patients with the fastest growth aren't seeing much cosmetic improvement at only 3 months. You will most likely see changes within the next few weeks and significant improvement over the coming months. Just sit tight for now.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I'm at the 2 month mark & in the waiting phase. Some hairs that didn't fall out from shock loss are continuing to grow, but I'm patiently waiting for the rest (or trying to). Just curious, how can you tell when the hairs start coming in? Do you feel it or see it first, or does it just depend? I've never shaved my head like men often do, so I don't really know what to expect. The right sideburn hairs fell out first a few weeks ago & the skin feels rougher, while the left sideburn side feels smoother, as those hairs fell out a week later. It kinda looks like a bunch of tiny black dots or blackheads where the incisions were made, depending on when the individual hairs fell out. So I can't tell if those are the little cuts themselves or if those are the hairs starting to grow in. I have very dark brown hair, by the way.

2000 FUT with Dr Bernardino Arocha - August 2017

I'm at the 2 month mark & in the waiting phase. Some hairs that didn't fall out from shock loss are continuing to grow, but I'm patiently waiting for the rest (or trying to). Just curious, how can you tell when the hairs start coming in? Do you feel it or see it first, or does it just depend? I've never shaved my head like men often do, so I don't really know what to expect. The right sideburn hairs fell out first a few weeks ago & the skin feels rougher, while the left sideburn side feels smoother, as those hairs fell out a week later. It kinda looks like a bunch of tiny black dots or blackheads where the incisions were made, depending on when the individual hairs fell out. So I can't tell if those are the little cuts themselves or if those are the hairs starting to grow in. I have very dark brown hair, by the way.

Noticing your hairs grow is sorta like watching a child grow - but on a much shorter timeline. You don't notice it on a daily basis, but every now and then you'll catch a glimpse of your hair and realize that you've made progress. Starting around the 3 month mark, little by little, month by month, you'll start seeing improvements. Document with photos once a month if you'd like, and the more time that passes, the more you'll be able to look back at those earlier photos and realize just how much progress you've made. Happy growing!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

This is really just the start of growth, but also the point where you start asking yourself, after waiting months, "have I wasted my money??..."

You'll start seeing growth from now on, with probably a good improvement visually, at about 5-6 months.

Looks completely normal at this stage.

Hang in there!

Knowing your area of the scalp on which implantation was done would make observation much easier before giving any suggestion. Kindly post your relevant scalp pictures.

Thanks for the replies...

pkipling - Yah, I think my grass grows faster than this, lol. It seemed like the transplanted hairs grew fairly quickly until they fell out. There're still some left & they continue to grow, but I was initially wondering when the new hairs start coming in (most say around 3-4 months), & what they look like before that. I've been taking photos every week or 2 now. Hopefully in a month or so there will be more to notice that the camera actually picks up. The "black dots" are even more noticeable this weekend than they were last weekend, when they were very faint.

Annonymous - The area I'm waiting on is the temple because a new hairline had to be created. Most of the videos I see of females have about the same area with 2000 hairs, although mine had to go into the right sideburn as well. I don't feel comfortable posting anything just yet, as this is a specialized case from an old accident... but when I have some pics to post later that look more presentable, perhaps I will. I don't think I'll get any good angles anyway because a camera won't pick up much at this point.

2000 FUT with Dr Bernardino Arocha - August 2017