Reviews from Gabel and Cooley

UKLad81

Who would you recommend for a FUT procedure?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi All, I'm considering an FUT (both docs have recommended around 3000-4000) procedure in the near future. I've had an in-person consult with Dr Konior and if his wait time wasn't so long, i would've booked with him, with no hesitation. This has led my research to Dr Cooley and Dr Gabel both of whom are highly recommended on this forum.

I've spoken to Dr Cooley's patient advisor and she came across very professional and talked through the procedure in great detail. I also liked the fact he does the majority of his procedures without shaving the recipient area, which is ideal for me. A big tick in his box! :)

I've not managed to speak to Dr Gabel yet as he was away last week attending a conference.

I'd like to hear and read from previous Gabel and Cooley's previous patients and hear about their previous experiences?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Have had two FUTs with Dr. Gabel, thumbs up all the way. He cares and is involved every step of the way, my only regret is he didn't do my first FUT.

He augmented the density big time to make a happy camper, and refine the hairline.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I've personally met and spoken with patients of both doctors and I think you really cannot go wrong with either one. Good luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Greetings,

I had an unshaved FUT procedure done with Dr Cooley in July 2017; I've kept my pictures and notes offline for now as I'm only about 86 days out so the results won't speak for themselves for a few more months. I will start posting what I've documented next month.

Did you speak to Lollie? She's great

As for my experience, the whole team works great under Dr Cooley's leadership. While I was awake I remember Dr Cooley being there for close to the entire procedure.

If you have any questions in particular feel free to reach out to me and I"ll do my best to answer them.

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

Both surgeons produce consistently good results. As hairthere says, you're in safe hands with either of them.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

You would be in great hands with them both, if you are not able to line up consultations with them both in person are you able to fix a time to speak on the phone or video chat. That way you can get a feel for them and they for what you are hoping to achieve.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

Greetings,

I had an unshaved FUT procedure done with Dr Cooley in July 2017; I've kept my pictures and notes offline for now as I'm only about 86 days out so the results won't speak for themselves for a few more months. I will start posting what I've documented next month.

Did you speak to Lollie? She's great

As for my experience, the whole team works great under Dr Cooley's leadership. While I was awake I remember Dr Cooley being there for close to the entire procedure.

If you have any questions in particular feel free to reach out to me and I"ll do my best to answer them.

Thanks for your response, hope your procedure went well! Yes i spoke to Lollie and yes she was brilliant. I absolutely did not feel like she was over selling the clinic and in particular Cooley's work. I have also sent you a PM. Thanks!

Any other reviews from patients that have had procedures with Cooley and Gabel? I think I'm nearing my decision but always happy to hear more.

Feel free to PM me if you want me to share you my story with Dr. Gabel, I have pics I can share with you too.

I may be biased in his corner, but not without reason, I chose him after a lot of vetting.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Feel free to PM me if you want me to share you my story with Dr. Gabel, I have pics I can share with you too.

I may be biased in his corner, but not without reason, I chose him after a lot of vetting.

Thanks Speegs, I have pinged you a PM. Look forward to hearing from you.