SMP removal

HI

I am 29 , i did a FUT 3 years ago, but my primitif hairs keep falling so i went for smp two weeks ago.

After the first session, i still notice my fut scar (ear to ear, very thin and pale)

So i decided to stop it and keep the 2nd and 3rd session after a FUE

But i cant let my hair grow because i lowered my hairline by smp

I would like to know how to remove successfully, at least the fake frontline

Here are some photo : https://imgur.com/a/aHPlE

I am going to see a doctor for the skin because i have the scar and the frontline red. The vertex and other area are okay.

Usually people tell their redness go away about 2/4 days. Mine is still here for 12 days now

Thanks for reading

• 2 weeks later...

The scalp pigmentation tech should have NEVER lowered your hairline below your natural line. This is because pigment "cures" differently in scalp skin than it does on the facial (forehead) skin. The color will never match and you will end up with an off-color stripe around the front of your hairline. So many techs are more interested in their pocketbooks rather than the customer's own best long-term natural look. So they readily make rash decisions. You should have been advised of this. So you are correct in getting it lasered removed.

As for the redness after 12 days, that is highly unusual. While HT scarring easily becomes irritated with scalp pigmentation, the redness should have dissipated within 3 days at the very most. The redness along the frontal hairline can also be because the tech "buried" the needle into the forehead skin that never should have been tattooed to start with. Yes, get to a doctor, as perhaps there may have been a sterilization issue.

Edited by MarkWestonHair

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

It looks like you have enough hair on top to allow it to grow out and it would look good, as well as covering the scar.

Your photos don't show the SMP. I agree Mark Weston that it wasn't a good idea to lower your hairline with SMP. But what is done is done. I wish I could share with you experiences of successful SMP removal, but I haven't seen any examples of this. Frankly I'm not sure how successful laser removal would be, as it doesn't always result in complete removal of tattoos.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I've watched laser removal performed on Permanent SMP and it was quit successful. Nearly all of it was removed in two sessions I believe. Some of the deeper/darker deposits remained but those will disappear over time as the pigment continues to breakdown into smaller particles and the body absorbs and expels them. The one downside is that the person I observed was in a lot of pain; thankfully it wasn't a very long process.

Asgard, just like with getting SMP done, you should ensure your laser removal tech has plenty of experience.

Best of luck.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

The first photo shows a man after lasering of a recent unsuccessful SMP (multi-session method) done by a major company. You can see the large points that were left where the tech buried the needle, as well as the leftover blue/green tone. This man endured 5 laser treatments to achieve this result. My experience is that the typical SMP pigments that are used always leave an off-color shadow even after lasering. The tone never completely disappears because many of these pigments have added tones such as green and blue. Only natural carbon-based pigments almost completely laser out, and what doesn't, is absorbed eventually by the body. But unfortunately, the commercially-based pigments have color additives.

The second photo shows my correction immediately after my one-time application.

SMP is strictly used to refer to the multi-session scalp micropigmentation method. SMP should be not used generically for other types of applications. There is much confusion in the marketplace.

smpblueaftertone.thumb.jpg.09148b3c80009fa95edd83f0254a9151.jpg

HPIM2973_wm_wm.thumb.jpg.ba5b240321ef48e8ccca8d91103f5274.jpg

Edited by MarkWestonHair

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.