When does hair stop looking wiry?

Hi

I’m at month 7 after 3200 at Asmed and feel things are going ok - of course it’s painfully slow but hopeful of an eventual good result.

The front inch of my hair is a completely different texture to the rest, it’s wiry and wispy, I understand this is quite normal and have seen other results with this wiry hair.

I’m just curious how long it takes for the transplanted hair to come through to match the rest of your head and no longer look different?

I presume the first cycle comes through wispy but as times goes on it comes through thicker?

Thanks

Ok, so the word would be wiry in this context. I just appreciate this forum is read internationally and wasn’t sure wiry would be the right word - it doesn’t even look like it’s spelt right! But wirey looks wrong also!

From your photos your hair looks pretty good and I would be satisfied with your progress after 7 months. By 18 months your transplanted hair should look much more similar to your native hair so I think it's just a waiting game. The worst part is over for you so you should be pretty happy!

From your photos your hair looks pretty good and I would be satisfied with your progress after 7 months. By 18 months your transplanted hair should look much more similar to your native hair so I think it's just a waiting game. The worst part is over for you so you should be pretty happy!

Thanks. A bit of reassurance is always good!

Yes, Asmed said at the op that the final result would be 18 months away and it just seems to be going so slow. I pretty much wrote this summer off and tried to stay out of the sun and away from social gatherings.

But now with some careful styling I think I can get away without people noticing or maybe they are just too polite to say!

I believe the structure of the hair shaft is final at around 24 months. If it stays wiry after, the hair follicle has probably been damaged in some way, which leads to permanent alteration of the hair shaft.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

2 years - wow a long way to go then.

I’m very happy so far just wish I could fast forward my hair 18 months ahead.

Hopefully by choosing Dr Koray and paying a premium over many of the other Turkish options I have negated the risk of damage from inexperienced or less qualified practitioners and that things will be ok.

Just a big waiting game.....

It can take up to 18 years or even 2 years to see your transplanted hair return to the normal visual state it had before the trauma of transplanting it.

No one will likely notice but you, so don't fret.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

It can take up to 18 years or even 2 years to see your transplanted hair return to the normal visual state it had before the trauma of transplanting it.

No one will likely notice but you, so don't fret.

18 years!!! I trust you mean months lol

Any tips for the wiry hair regarding styling?

Do fibres work well on wiry hair?

I’m finding that if I use a soft wax or putty I can bind a few wiry hairs together and it gives an appearance of more normal looking hair.

18 years!!! I trust you mean months lol

Any tips for the wiry hair regarding styling?

Do fibres work well on wiry hair?

I’m finding that if I use a soft wax or putty I can bind a few wiry hairs together and it gives an appearance of more normal looking hair.

Yeah, that's an autocorrect mistake for you.

18 months is reasonable, 2 years not out of the ordinary, but on the long side.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016