Which of the top FUE doctors are active in the actual surgery

Which of the top FUE doctors are active in the surgery and how much.

I'm thinking of Dr Bisanga, Erdogan, Lorenzo, Ferduini etc.

I feel like erdogan just stands at the main entrance and just greets patients and then disappears leaving it to technicians.

And those doctors who are active, What are the different stages they are active in.

Hi Rappy. I was wondering the same thing. Dr Erdogan is definitely my number one choice in terms of surgeon and to be honest I would rather pay his prices than go elsewhere. However I have recently spoken with the clinic and have been informed that the only part he is involved in is the slit making. All other parts are done by either surgical assistants or techs.

I have spoken with a correspondent of Dr Yaman's and he has told me that the extractions are done by him and another Dr called Dr Ali. Dr Yaman does all the slit making and the grafts are placed by techs.

I may be wrong but I think the done thing is that the doctor does the extraction and the incisions and the techs do the placement. I feel donor management and incision making are the key areas and as such the selected doctor should be the one doing this.

Can anyone patients of Asmed shed any light on this situation. Clearly whatever they're doing is working. Does it matter that the doctor isn't involved? Are the team so well trained that they can get consistently good results with little 'hands on' input from Dr Erdogan.

Bisanga I believe scores all and extracts some of the grafts + does incisions then techs implant. Erdogan just does incisions. Lorenzo does incisions and implantation simultaneously with implanter pen. Not sure about Feridini. Lupanzula does extractions incisions then techs implant. Kesser does everything.

May not be fully accurate so anyone else feel free to correct.

Consistency and quality of results being produced should be the #1 thing you look for as Drs have their respective reasons for playing the roles they do. Their involvement def gives extra piece of mind though.

Vories does the extraction slits and placement

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Hi Rappy. I was wondering the same thing. Dr Erdogan is definitely my number one choice in terms of surgeon and to be honest I would rather pay his prices than go elsewhere. However I have recently spoken with the clinic and have been informed that the only part he is involved in is the slit making. All other parts are done by either surgical assistants or techs.

I have spoken with a correspondent of Dr Yaman's and he has told me that the extractions are done by him and another Dr called Dr Ali. Dr Yaman does all the slit making and the grafts are placed by techs.

I may be wrong but I think the done thing is that the doctor does the extraction and the incisions and the techs do the placement. I feel donor management and incision making are the key areas and as such the selected doctor should be the one doing this.

Can anyone patients of Asmed shed any light on this situation. Clearly whatever they're doing is working. Does it matter that the doctor isn't involved? Are the team so well trained that they can get consistently good results with little 'hands on' input from Dr Erdogan.

Compare Yaman's average result to Erdogan's and then compare how many poor results Yaman has compared to Erdogan. Erdogan also has hundreds more results on the International forum. Yaman doesn't come close to Erdogan's average result and has 10 times more poor results.

Looking at this logically, do you want a surgeon working 10 hours a day doing all parts of the surgery, or the doctor doing 4 hours of incisions across multiple patients, and then specific teams doing extractions and implantations day in and day out? In terms of fatigue, it makes no sense to have the doctor involved in all aspects of the surgery. Saying that the doctor was involved in all aspects is nothing impressive, top notch results are what is impressive. Erdogan also spends around 30 minutes with the day prior discussing your goals, creating a desired hairline, and discussing other factors like medication. They then discuss the approach together as a team.

As an aside why do people complain of the lack of supervision from Erdogan when no one mentions that Lorenzo has the same approach of not being involved in extractions? People just like to attack those who pay less and get more. There is a lot more to running an efficient and consistent clinic than just the doctor. What is important is the success of the doctor to implement standards and develop a team that can do this successfully.

If you are obsessed with the idea of a doctor who does all aspects of the procedure (despite this not being logical), I'd look at Keser, Lupanzula and Konior.

@ JeanLucBergman Very well argued. I actually agree with you that it is not who performs the surgery which is the most important part, but the result that counts. Clearly Asmed are getting the best results and as such it may be worth considering them over a different clinic where the doctor is more involved. Your point about fatigue makes perfect sense.

Like I said I haven't had surgery at Asmed nor have I been for a live consultation.

Are the live consultations conducted by Dr Erdogan? How does he measure the area for treatment and donor capacity? Also do all the different teams which work in Asmed use manual FUE and KEEP?

@ JeanLucBergman Very well argued. I actually agree with you that it is not who performs the surgery which is the most important part, but the result that counts. Clearly Asmed are getting the best results and as such it may be worth considering them over a different clinic where the doctor is more involved. Your point about fatigue makes perfect sense.

Like I said I haven't had surgery at Asmed nor have I been for a live consultation.

Are the live consultations conducted by Dr Erdogan? How does he measure the area for treatment and donor capacity? Also do all the different teams which work in Asmed use manual FUE and KEEP?

Yes he does the live consultation and uses a tool to measure donor density, hair/graft ratio and hair caliber across the area, and then other staff analyse this further digitally and deduce donor and recipient needs with a coverage value system along with Erodgan. Each of the teams is using a manual punch and the KEEP.

I think it does depend on how many grafts you need. If you need 1000 or so then a surgeon can do most of the work. But anything more than that is surely too much for one person to handle. The grafts will be out of the body too long and the surgeon will get too fatigued. You're talking 10 hours of surgery here so s/he is more likely to make mistakes. In any case, results are what matter in this business so focus on that.

I think it does depend on how many grafts you need. If you need 1000 or so then a surgeon can do most of the work. But anything more than that is surely too much for one person to handle. The grafts will be out of the body too long and the surgeon will get too fatigued. You're talking 10 hours of surgery here so s/he is more likely to make mistakes. In any case, results are what matter in this business so focus on that.

Agree with this, Keser in particular does immaculate work and some of the best in FUE I feel, but because of his heavy involvement and trying to minimise error and fatigue he only does 500-750 grafts a day which like you say is a problem if you need a large amount of grafts.

Very good question. Yes, DR Keser has an amazing protocol. Doing it in bits and pieces and hence why the yield is decent imo. Limiting graft damage due out of body extracted graft timings and using a MANUAL tool that many docs cant even master or consider.