Gallery Of FUE Scars

alxrbt

Purpose:

As you might already know, with FUE, scarring or hypopigmentation of the donor area is one of the risks inherent in the procedure. This gallery of FUE scars is meant to help patients considering FUE, so they can be more informed of the range of scarring and hypopigmentation that could result from the procedure. Ultimately, as we gather more data points through pictures, patients can be more informed, have more realistic expectations, and ultimately be more satisfied with the outcome of their procedures.

Disclaimer:

The purpose of this is not to praise or criticize the skills of any of the doctors that have performed any of the following FUE procedures. It should be understood that, even the most skilled surgeon in the world can't really guarantee any sort of result when it comes to the scarring or hypopigmentation that results from FUE; although, picking a qualified surgeon could certainly hedge your risk. This is simply a collected gallery of data points, from various doctors, so patients can make more informed decisions for themselves.

Criteria:

To limit the variables a bit, I picked pictures where patients shaved their donor areas down to a zero guard, or close to a zero guard, so we can clearly see what scarring / hypopigmentation resulted.

Submit Pictures:

This is entirely a voluntary, user-submitted database. If you had FUE performed, or know of a picture of a donor area shaved down close to a zero guard after undergoing a FUE procedure, please comment with a link to your picture, and I will add it to the running list. If you have any more information about the procedure, including size of the punches used, as well as the doctor, that would be good to know, too.

Gallery Of FUE Scars

User: Tbcruz

Edited by alxrbt

Great idea. theirs pics online but those are cherry picked cases as no doctor is going to put a bad one up on their site. i am really nerves myself because the trend is pale to fair skin and jet back hair+larger and larger punch=higher % chance of noticeable white dots. which i am.

The main factors imo in order of magnitude is the punch size(smaller the better obv), the personal healing response, amount of graphs v donor density, then the skin color(darker/tanned better than fair/pale), then the hair color(jet black worse).

• Administrators

If you ever plan to shave your head and not see any signs of surgery, DO NOT get surgery, picture angles can be deceiving, and even the "not so" obvious scars can be quite obvious under different lighting. There is NO surgery without scars, I've had .8mm, .9mm and 1mm punch size and they all created scars, how long the scars took to heal was really the only difference.

If you think you might wanna shave your head, do it now and save yourself the money and heartache, I had someone recently message me that he was very distraught that he could see scars shaved down to a zero guard when the doctor said that would be invisible, mind you the punch used was small no more than .8, yet the scars are visible. If you can shave your head now and feel good, that's the safest cheapest option.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think this is a good idea, but I would post them as attachments and not links, people have to click on links and open the photo one by one instead of scrolling through the gallery which is a lot faster, people may not want to bother.

I think ultimately, the purpose of this topic should be to show what donor storing looks like in the best case is in the worst cases for FUE, and I agree that it shouldn't be to highlight a particular physician.

Best wishes,

Bill

This picture is mine after 6 weeks 2 days

IMG_5161.thumb.jpg.b375d1d754e399757c6e5fb047773268.jpg

I would like to post pictures of my recent surgery with updates in the coming months. However I might reconsider this if my photos could be used in a thread such as this. I hope all the individuals patients who you have linked to are happy for their photos to be used to highlight their scarring.

I would like to post pictures of my recent surgery with updates in the coming months. However I might reconsider this if my photos could be used in a thread such as this. I hope all the individuals patients who you have linked to are happy for their photos to be used to highlight their scarring.

That's a good point. I'll change it so that this is purely a user-submitted gallery.

I think this is a good idea, but I would post them as attachments and not links, people have to click on links and open the photo one by one instead of scrolling through the gallery which is a lot faster, people may not want to bother.

I think ultimately, the purpose of this topic should be to show what donor storing looks like in the best case is in the worst cases for FUE, and I agree that it shouldn't be to highlight a particular physician.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks, Bill. My only concern there is that, as the number of submissions (might) grow, the number of photo attachments might make the post a bit unwieldy…? But totally willing to try that out.

alxrbt Who are you? Have you had a transplant? What's your agenda?

You just joined and you have 10 posts to your friggin' name and you start this crap? Sounds like FUE bashing to me. Start a thread on fut scarring so we can all throw up.

Submit YOUR OWN PICTURES or shut up.

You just joined and you have 10 posts to your friggin' name and you start this crap? Sounds like FUE bashing to me. Start a thread on fut scarring so we can all throw up.

Hi. Nice to meet you.

I'm going to have a small FUE procedure done, myself.

In researching the potential donor scars that result, I started to gather pictures to better inform myself of potential outcomes. And I thought that others could benefit if such a resource existed, too.

However, given a couple responses that seem to not be so enthralled with this idea, I might just delete this thread.

Chill out ffs

Hi. Nice to meet you.

I'm going to have a small FUE procedure done, myself.

In researching the potential donor scars that result, I started to gather pictures to better inform myself of potential outcomes. And I thought that others could benefit if such a resource existed, too.

However, given a couple responses that seem to not be so enthralled with this idea, I might just delete this thread.

Although I expressed my concerns I think this thread could be helpful to people so please don't delete it. Perhaps it might be an idea to contact people whos photos you'd like to use to make sure they don't mind. The problem with relying on submissions is you're unlikely to get any of the worst examples of scarring so it might give people a false impression. Sorry to be a pain!

I recently had FUE and it would have been nice to be able to readily find examples of FUE scarring beforehand. So it would be useful to have some sort of thread, sticky or otherwise, where potential patients can go. After all, there is a rather comprehensive thread somewhere with loads of images (some gory) of FUT scars. With that said, the FUE vs FUT debate can get heated so it probably won't go well.

I had my first surgery (over 5,000 grafts) in 2012. I had my second surgery about 2 years later. After my head was shaved for the second surgery, Dr. Vories photographed my donor area. Approximately 1,700 grafts were taken from this area with a 0.8 mm punch. I agree that any surgery will produce scarring but I felt like mine was barely discernible and I'm sure no one would notice without it being pointed out to them that surgery had taken place. This is my observation, I'm sure others may see things differently.

5b32f5ec74e9f_LeftDonorPre.JPG.d4e4e7b438ebcbcbaa78650fda32c2bc.JPG

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Question

Does how clean it looks post op or in the first 2 weeks = how it will be long term

Can you get a good feel for it by that time or is it too early

If the area already looks ruff and white dotty by that time do they get better over time

Also we should add a section of what x patient did and see if theirs a Correlation that help minimise post op care scars . I.e slept completely upright first week or took hgh or kept donor bandaged for week. Washed 1x a day or 2x ect. Supplements