Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, 19th September 2017 - 2800grafts

callumb93

Hi all,

Hair diameter: 54 micron

Donor capacity: 8400

About me

I started loosing my hair around 19/20 didn't bother me too much but I started my research that's when I came across this amazing forum! I made a previous thread around 2015 Maybe? that's when I learned about propecia and I've been on it ever since, not had any side effects I believe if I hadn't been on it my hair would be a lot worse I feel it's maintained and stopped my hair loss that's the reason I wanted to sort my hairline out I understand there's still chance of future loss as I'm only 24 but I feel this is my prime and it isn't something I really want to worry about.

Choosing Dr Koray Erdogan

So on this forum I kept up to date with a lot of patients posts and always came across a lot of Dr Erdogan work and was always impressed with the result and the great comments on the staff, I believe Dr Koray Erdogan to be one of the best fue doctors aswell as the amazing staff

Arrival

I arrived in Istanbul on Sunday 17th driver was waiting for me once I arrived went straight to the minibus where there was refreshments and a CHOCOLATE brownie waiting for me! Driver was nice and polite but as he didn't speak much English wasn't really chatty as you can imagine! I arrived a day early as I couldn't get a good flight to arrive in time for my consultation today, so asmed kindly let me stay at the clinic for yesterday and today so there wasn't any extra costs with the hotel witch was nice, I met my translator fatos today for the first time after months of questions etc witch was a nice experience very nice and polite and helpful with any questions I had, same as all the other staff nothing is too much just ask, I previously asked fatos if there would be a shop I could get some water from and once I got to the clinic there was two large bottles of water waiting for me in my room witch was nice! I could go on about the staff but they're truly amazing, the whole asmed facilities are amazing no expense has been spared.

Attached are images before and after the haircut and hairline design I tried to get them in some sort of order! my op is tomorrow and I will carry this thread on with pictures tomorrow once back at the hotel any input on the hairline etc would be great!

Thanks!

IMG_1561.jpg.e6ea2cddafd7c2e810d851b17d7387c4.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg.00d315135c6737fd54ebc0a9bedbedda.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg.9b7ac707919a39f90bab41b05400f3ac.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg.cc55c19566e5f6a3ef647deed5ab3662.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg.867e58bd4a044db029fc0136d167b933.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg.bcd1b7e9c584b51db374317bdd0db346.jpg

Edited by callumb93

Surgery day

So today was the BIG day! I had to be up for around 6.30 had a shower had to take the mess at 7.00pm and he in the breakfast area for 7.15 were I met other patients and the majority of the staff everyone is so nice and polities always trying to make you smile always asking if you need or want anything, so we went into the surgery room around 7.30/7.45 met the staff who would be working on me all was lovely was joking and having a laugh through every stage of the process, the extractions started couldnt feel a thing they give you a iPad to either watch films or music etc, I watched haksawridge and then a little of Big Bang theory time flew, On to the incisions Dr Koray came down heck itbover and he is the one who makes the incisions for the grafts he came down and complimented how my grafts had turned out as they were better than he thought more dense etc, he then made the incisions we then had lunch witch was nice had a chat with some of the other patients was then onto implanting the grafts was fine my head was abit sore but once I told them they just added some more numbing and it was fine, had a laugh and a sing along with the two nurses who were implanting the grafts I'm abit tired now so I will upload more tomorrow just keep it brief, I have added pictures of the new hairline if anyone would be happy to give me and input on what they think

Many thanks ,

IMG_1588.jpg.7e9057cd056d06f84d0c633ad269ee07.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg.2f05e12faa8c0f6427e9aedcf5c3a8c2.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg.7da4575fb51ae89ecd3985aba512aa47.jpg

Wash day

So today I was picked up at 11.30pm from the hotel room to the clinic along with three other patients, they applied the foam let that sit for 20minutes while that was working it's magic had to fill some paperwork out on how good was the clinic etc, once stood for 20 minutes one of the lovely staff wash your grafts while your coordinator has a miroor so you can see how to wash properly and also explaining the process once that was done had some more pictures taken then applied some cream to the donor area then that was it! After months of worrying back and forth questions it's all done! Overall amazing experience!

Some stats:

Total: 2830

Ratio: 2.29 hair/graft

435 singles

1287 doubles

126 quadruple

4 quintuple

IMG_1612.jpg.e9f5941904e5c1d0b2b57e63a1eede0b.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg.789411ef30f9d8d89ebcbb18d8bef450.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg.b21e564d17e60216d1a5828b102ce540.jpg

Looks great. Should be awesome result. And you are on propecia so that's all great. I think if you get hair surgery this young like I did, FUT is best so you maximize donor supply. Getting FUE for first surgery is risky to me. If future loss is minimal this will be great. If further hair loss is more extent then donor supply will be less than if you did FUT first. Hope gamble pays off :)

Looks great. Should be awesome result. And you are on propecia so that's all great. I think if you get hair surgery this young like I did, FUT is best so you maximize donor supply. Getting FUE for first surgery is risky to me. If future loss is minimal this will be great. If further hair loss is more extent then donor supply will be less than if you did FUT first. Hope gamble pays off :)

Cheer! It was Dr Erdogan choice to go so aggressive i suppose that is his speciality hopefully future loss will be minimal and the meds will do good, I still have around 5500 grafts remaining so still enough for good coverage

Very aggressive hairline for a 24 year old. I don't know any U.S. surgeons that would be so aggressive for patients under 25 years old.

Good luck kiddo!

Here for a good time not a long time ;) all jokes aside hopefully I think it looks good and hopefully the result will be just as good, I still have around 5500 grafts remaining so still plenty

Cheers

Cheers mate, how you feeling about going next week?

I feel quite excited about going. I'm lucky I have next week off as holiday and I am allowed to work from home for 4 weeks after.

Not looking forward to having my head shaved as I think I will look awful lol.

How are you feeling today?

I feel quite excited about going. I'm lucky I have next week off as holiday and I am allowed to work from home for 4 weeks after.

Not looking forward to having my head shaved as I think I will look awful lol.

How are you feeling today?

It is a exciting experience the whole team at ASMED are lovely make you feel at ease as soon as you walk in, plenty of time to recover then.

After a long time of having a "combover" look and always wanting to shave my head but never have the guts when my head was finally shaved it actually suited me witch I was suprised about so you never know!

And I feel fine I forget I've even had anything done

My take is that you made the right choice. Why waste perfectly good 20's thinking about hair and being self-conscious? Have a good time now when you have time. This procedure will be a confidence booster and a stress reducer. I wish I had the option when I was your age. Plus by the time you are 50 there should be new treatments available I would think.

My take is that you made the right choice. Why waste perfectly good 20's thinking about hair and being self-conscious? Have a good time now when you have time. This procedure will be a confidence booster and a stress reducer. I wish I had the option when I was your age. Plus by the time you are 50 there should be new treatments available I would think.

Cheers Mate, was my exact thoughts :)

All the best,

Looking great mate yours is a very similar case to mine, hairline and temples work, I'm booked in next month. Hoping not to shave though. Did you fly from UK?

Hi mate cheers!!, I believe they do long hair Fue at asmed but it’s more expensive per graft I didn’t want to shave but it’s really not that bad and it’s not for ever, yeah flew from uk mate Sheffield