Dr Lorenzo (2751 + 2802) 5553 grafts (NW6)

farmcat

Hi, I have been a long time "lurker" on this site and have followed many Patients through their surgeries and feel I should share my results for future patients.

A short background on me:

I am 47 years old and started losing my hair at the age of 19. I can't say that I took it well. I immediately looked into transplant surgery (this was on 1990) and went for a strip surgery with a doctor named Dr. Matt Levitt. His results were "ok" for the time (I guess), very pluggy but I did get growth. His rates were $35/ graft! Unable to continue to afford Dr. Levitt's rates I looked for another more affordable doctor. I live in Pittsburgh and found a local, Dr. Sunseri, (he was an associate working for Dr. Dominick Brandy). I went for two strip surgeries there resulting in very little yield and thick strip scars. Disillusioned with transplants and thinking I had no donor left I did nothing else with my hair and became a prisoner to wearing a hat. It was only after coming to this site and seeing patient's results that I became interested in trying to fix my situation.

My decision to go to Dr. Lorenzo:

After coming to this site and seeing many Fue results (especially PMA's and Pepperoni's) I started looking into Fue surgerons. Dr. Lorenzo's name seemed to consistently be included when people were naming their list of top surgeons. After researching more about Dr. Lorenzo and finding his Youtube Channel I was immediately interested. Being a NW6 it seemed as though Dr. Lorenzo was/is one of the few surgeons who consistently works with high norwoods and gets good results. I also liked that he has hundreds of transplant patients on his channel and shows very genuine results with his comb throughs. I can't say enough about Dr. Lorenzo and his staff. They are all very professional and very friendly.

The hardest part for me was the language barrier. Dr. Lorenzo, his sister Pilar, and Grace speak perfect English and some of the other girls seem to be learning English and are getting pretty good at speaking it as well.

Surgeries:

I have had three surgeries with Dr. Lorenzo:

August 2015 (2751) grafts in my crown

July 2016 (2802) grafts on top and front

July 2017 (2701) grafts on top (to increase density)

for a total of 8254 grafts but I am only going to show the results from my first two surgeries so far (5553 grafts) since I am only just past two months post op from my third surgery.

I am not going to give a detailed write up of the entire trip since Redcut did an awesome job on his write up and I could not top it. This is the link to Redcut's post:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184284-4301-fue-dr-lorenzo-2016-06-a.html

I had my second surgery with Dr. Lorenzo 11 months after my first. I received 2802 grafts in this surgery in the front and top. Dr. Lorenzo also removed some of the big plugs from the front hairline (some as large as 4 and 5 hair grafts!) and re implanted them back in my midscalp. This was a large area to cover and Dr. Lorenzo wanted to be conservative with my donor so the density was somewhat low from this second surgery.

Do you have any info on hair thickness and density in the donor area that was shaved? I don't know if one is able to tell from photos but when I saw the saved area the first thing I thought was "his donor looks really dense."

Thanks FML....Yeah....I am posting all my pics now.....I started this thread earlier but it said it had to be approved by a moderator which is why there were no pics posted.....I think I do have the data on my donor that Dr. Lorenzo emailed me.....but I will have to find it.

Dr. Lorenzo did say I had dense donor during the surgery and I think he said I had something like 2.61 or 2.67 (hairs per graft?) .....I was relieved to hear my donor was good considering I had such a large area to cover......I think he said my hair thickness was 55 microns which I think is pretty average.

Results from my second surgery.....this was a large area to cover with 2802 grafts so I did return for a third surgery of 2701 grafts (for a total of 8254 grafts) to improve the density but am just a little over two months post op so really have no results to show from the third surgery yet

22RTC05_07.17L4_zpsdjiq6jik.thumb.jpg.14cf9d291d529129221a5da6e95a489c.jpg

21RTC28_05.17S1_zps5nvxr2h7.thumb.jpeg.ff744f43ba79b65a161ed82825590a8f.jpeg

21RTC28_05.17S2_zpsbl3qunlo.thumb.jpeg.5d989b685b7ea90772c58686ac93d9f1.jpeg

21RTC28_05.17S3_zpsioaekzp8.thumb.jpeg.cf31f95dd1d987e89cfd99a4e0e73308.jpeg

Already transformative, although you can see from post op they are somewhat spaced out. Another 2700 though is going to be very very nice from the look of things.

Are you going to post the post 3rd op post op pics now or later? Also, what is your donor looking like after the 3rd op? That is a lot of grafts but the donor still looks so thick after the 2nd.

Did he take out the mid-scalp plugs? EDIT: Nevermind, I think I can see the FUE on the top. Looks like he put more density on the sides of the top scalp. I guess the 3rd op went in the middle more. Looking forward to the final results.

You going to go back in a year for your YouTube close up?? Would love to see a vid...

Edited by fml5555

Dr. Lorenzo told me during the second surgery that with the area covered it would be a low density result so I wasn't surprised .....the second to the last pics I posted I intentionally tried to show the worst areas because these were my pics I was sending to Dr. Lorenzo before my third surgery.....these pics are under bright lights and with flash. I will post my third surgery post op pics but don't have time right now because I have to leave for work......the donor is starting to look pretty good now after about two and a half months....I was a little worried as it did look pretty thin for awhile.....Dr. Lorenzo didn't remove the mid scalp plugs, just the ones in the hairline.

• 2 months later...

Really helpful thread. I'm researching Lorenzo results at the moment and it was great how easy it was to find the before and after comparison photos from the same angle(s).

Can't wait to see the results of the third op once it grows in

Congratulations

This is a superb transformation so far. Looking forward to seeing the outcome of your latest ht.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks JCS and Pete.....I am thrilled with Dr. Lorenzo and his staff.....they have surpassed what I thought was possible for me.....I have just passed 5 months and am seeing some pretty good growth. I will post pics in a couple months of my last surgery.

Wow Farmcat. You have been through a lot, sir. You really seem to be heading in the right direction now. Looking way better. Can't wait to see the results of the 3rd OP in the next year. It's going to be an amazing victory from the look of things. Grow well.

Thanks Magnum....It has been a LONG road......really want to put my hair loss and the effects it has had on me behind me....so glad I went for the transplant with Dr. Lorenzo.....I had a couple naysayers telling me I was crazy and to save my money but I am glad I followed through.

I think Dr. Lorenzo said I still do have scalp donor left (i don't remember the number) and then of course beard hair......I wouldn't want ANYmore taken from my back, only my sides, but I am hoping I am done for good.....at my age (48 now) and considering where I came from as a NW6 I am lucky to be where I am at now.