3500 FUE - Dr Feriduni - NWIIIA/IV - Sept 17'

Baldrick101

Looking great mate- you must be really chuffed.

Yours looks really dark as does mine now post op at a similar length of time. Are you using minoxidil more regularly now than you were pre op?

Im using it twice a day religously and my hair is so dark and thick sense using it post op.

Thanks mate. Yes, I've been using the minox foam and it has really darkened my hair up. I think the combination of Fin, Minox and a HT has worked together really well. I only started the minox foam 5 months ago.

• 1 month later...

Here is my 7 month update. I have seen little to no changes since last month except for a bit of maturation. I am growing my hair so it certainly appears thicker. But overall I am pleased with the way things look. If I look back to where I was 7 months ago it is quite a change. My only concern at this stage is the right temple. It has lagged behind since the beginning and, frankly, if you compare the 4 month pic with the 7 month pic there has been little change. Left temple is adequate. The hairline is very important so I think I will have to get the whole area beefed up with another 500 grafts or so at a later date.

5b32faba63260_RightCloseUp7Months.thumb.jpg.609e23300af21d00dd0c4fb0a71153b4.jpg

5b32faba88507_RightTemple7Months.thumb.jpg.ad165bde414872019f5f1bd2e37b58d7.jpg

5b32fababb4f9_LeftTemple7Months.thumb.jpg.83859db0f9933245bf1dce5ea77384f3.jpg

5b32fabad2767_Top7Months.thumb.jpg.8992459977f6fa2fd170388a532e3939.jpg

4MonthVs7Month.thumb.jpg.171fb84347748af6062990198b581e81.jpg

Looking good buddy - how do you feel about the hairline?

Looking good buddy - how do you feel about the hairline?

Thanks. I'm happy with the design of the hairline, I think it is well thought out. At this stage I'm hoping for more density to come through in the hairline as it is looking quite "see through", I think there is definitely room for improvement. So I guess the next few months are important!

Thanks for continously sharing your experience.

At 4 month your results looked very good, which is typically a hint that you will receive a great finaly outcome. At 7 month you have fallen a little of. It is still good but not great...yet. I hope for you it will mature further.

The hairline is greatly chosen and designed from my perspective. You will be happy with this design at any age. You already look much better than before.

However, your close up pics appears strange for a Feriduni case...quite a lot of doubles in the first row also quite a bit of micro scaring. That is sloopy work which I would not (!) expect from such a reputable clinic. Makes me really wonder if I made the right choice myself ...

One personal comment: You should shave this few remaining hairs below you new hairline. Looks more clean. Grow well.

Thanks for continously sharing your experience.

At 4 month your results looked very good, which is typically a hint that you will receive a great finaly outcome. At 7 month you have fallen a little of. It is still good but not great...yet. I hope for you it will mature further.

The hairline is greatly chosen and designed from my perspective. You will be happy with this design at any age. You already look much better than before.

However, your close up pics appears strange for a Feriduni case...quite a lot of doubles in the first row also quite a bit of micro scaring. That is sloopy work which I would not (!) expect from such a reputable clinic. Makes me really wonder if I made the right choice myself ...

One personal comment: You should shave this few remaining hairs below you new hairline. Looks more clean. Grow well.

Thanks for the comments and for following my thread. You have a keen eye! You are right that at 4 months I saw very strong growth and since then not a whole lot has happened. So perhaps a little unusual. But there is still plenty of time so I'm not panicking quite yet.

I too have noticed the small puncture scars and frankly, I assumed that was normal for a HT. Perhaps they will heal up and become less noticeable over time. As for the few doubles at the hairline, well, what can you do? It doesn't bother me too much as there aren't many of them. But yeah, it would be nice if they were singles. Well, my case is clearly presented and anyone is free to make his/her own judgment on how refined the work is. Ultimately I'll reserve judgment until the 12 month mark.

Baldrick,

Just saw your pre-op pictures to where you are now..

Very nice looking result @ 7 months! You’ve come along way.

By the time you’re at the one year mark expect those hairs to mature and thicken to that resembling your native hair.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

But there is still plenty of time so I'm not panicking quite yet.

I too have noticed the small puncture scars and frankly, I assumed that was normal for a HT. Perhaps they will heal up and become less noticeable over time.

As for the few doubles at the hairline, well, what can you do? It doesn't bother me too much as there aren't many of them. But yeah, it would be nice if they were singles. Well, my case is clearly presented ...

There is no reason to panic anyway. Your results are good already and I believe theres is further maturing. If (!) there is no much further improvement you are a minor touch up (< 500 FU) away from a homerun result. This is very common.

Maybe you are just a Little more to scars and in combination with the dark hair this is more pronounced.

Your Pictures are very honest too.

Baldrick,

Just saw your pre-op pictures to where you are now..

Very nice looking result @ 7 months! You’ve come along way.

By the time you’re at the one year mark expect those hairs to mature and thicken to that resembling your native hair.

Thanks! Yes, I've come along way, no doubt about it.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't planning to update for 8 months. However, I just had a haircut yesterday and was sitting in the sun so I decided to take a pic.

Hopefully the right temple will fill in more. I've added a couple of before pics for comparison.

BeforePics.thumb.jpg.9c6633f4e82b93b8449d2aa3c5f10a79.jpg

5b32fbd711cea_BeforeJuly2017.jpg.f41b5396dcd0bdff9f96a694d905ee9b.jpg

Month8.thumb.jpg.4b131b348d898811a8090d5274b2f914.jpg

I wasn't planning to update for 8 months. However, I just had a haircut yesterday and was sitting in the sun so I decided to take a pic.

Hopefully the right temple will fill in more. I've added a couple of before pics for comparison.

You came a Long way. Congrats.

I agree one temple is behind and it is doubtfull (not impossible) that it will fill in.

Personally I belive, you can add a non-shaven touch-up of approx. 250 grafts and you will have an absolute amazing result.

Without doing anything you still look good and age approbriate without anything to worry. From this distance I also do not see the micro scaring and doubles as I did before.

Whatever you do: Enjoy your hair.

• Administrators

Wow you’ve come a long way, your results are fantastic congrats I’m sure you must feel thrilled. Thanks for keeping us updated with your results.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I am about a week over the 9 month mark now. I must say I now understand what people mean when they talk about "maturity". My hair has begun to take a far healthier, glossy appearance as of late. I am growing it and beginning to style it. As I said before, it is a real pleasure to actually have something to style now.

Admittedly, the hairline could be thicker. So the jury is till out on that one. As always, comments are always appreciated.

5b32fc7e7bd96_BeforeSept2017.jpg.181bc0c6fff9d0b692a4ab7740902dd6.jpg

5b32fc7e90532_9MonthFront.thumb.jpg.31ab62f5b34fcba5b42c3aede2f1415f.jpg

5b32fc7eb461c_9MonthsRight.thumb.jpg.91ef77cdc1c0be3ad778165256c8cf80.jpg

5b32fc7ed6d3c_9MonthsLeft.thumb.jpg.bdd3b3e2f1219de98158ae77bab4e33b.jpg

5b32fc7f04b56_9MonthsTop.thumb.jpg.199d6c7756a144e73113f9411d647ea5.jpg

BeforePics.thumb.jpg.d8bfdaec5f3bf0c4c51e5ed6e87ca885.jpg

Hello All,

I am about a week over the 9 month mark now. I must say I now understand what people mean when they talk about "maturity". My hair has begun to take a far healthier, glossy appearance as of late. I am growing it and beginning to style it. As I said before, it is a real pleasure to actually have something to style now.

Admittedly, the hairline could be thicker. So the jury is till out on that one. As always, comments are always appreciated.

Hi Baldrick,

I think with where you started, you have got quite a reasonable return for 9 months. Its not the very best, but far from the worst I've seen. Hopefully you will see further improvements over the next few months. Maybe you will need a minor touch up on the hairline, but I would wait the full 18 months before making that decision.

Good luck moving forward.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi everybody,

I had a hairtransplantation on June 5 in Antalya Turkey.

I am very satisfied with the operation and also the care before and after the operation.

They took good care of me during the operation at the hospital. Everything was very professional. I received good and important information what to do after the operation.

Ellie is doctor secretary gsve me exellent treatment.

I recommend doctor Suleyman very much.

There is a lot of good and some bad.

The good:

- You look much (!) better than before

- It looks very natural (I have a friend whose hair looks exactly like yours, but he never had a transplant)

The bad:

- The desity especially on the right (from your side) is a little lacking

With a minor touch up, you would not only look good but great. Before you consider this you should find out what happend after your initial great start at 4 month. Or maybe you have some late growth.

Best of luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice result!

As Dangle said above, the hairline is a bit sparse - but in your doc's defense and to ease any concerns, very rarely is a thick, full frontal hairline ever achieved with one single pass - especially when the area was basically completely bald beforehand. It's just extremely difficult to pack that many fresh new grafts into such a dense formation, and I've been told that such practice risks losing a higher percentage of grafts due to nutrient starvation among the newly-healing and nutrient-hungry fledgling grafts. So going back for a second (but much smaller) session to fill in the frontal hairline isn't a bad or abnormal thing at all. I did it, as have many others.

Beyond that though, it's looking great overall! Leagues above where you started for sure - congrats!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi gasthoerer

Nothing to report on now. I did email the clinic about a month ago with an update and I asked the doc’s opinion, but I never got a reply. Anyway, I’m over in Belgium this September for the day to check in in person. Will let you know how it goes. 

Mill post some 11 month photos up in early August. 

• 1 month later...

Quick update as I am now about a week past the 12 month mark. Unfortunately I could not make it to Belgium the other week because work has been very busy. However, I will be going out to see him in October.

In terms of progress, in actual fact my growth was done by 5 months. Of course there are folks say that this can't be true and I am talking nonsense. However this is evidenced in the photos I took side by side after month 4 or so and then compared to a later month 9 or whatever it was. There has been no change since then. Initial growth was indeed explosive and then it petered down to nothing after 5 months. 

After 12 months I think I am able to come to a conclusion now. Overall I would say my hair looks better - I did have 3500 after all.  But the hairline is lacking, of this there is no doubt. All I can do is bring this up with the surgeon and hear his response and to see if there is s solution. 

Comments and thoughts always welcome

12 Month Front.jpg

12 Month Right Temple 2.jpg

12 month Right Temple.jpg