Hair Transplant with Dr Bhatti 2953 grafts

itxrd

Hey guys. 1st time poster for a while so go easy on me. I've been lurking on here for years. Am 40 now but started losing my hair early 20's. Only slowly but recently no amount of toppik could cover it up. I either needed to shave it off or have a HT. I have a funny shaped head so went for the latter. I read so many reviews and even came to Dr Bhatti's clinic when in India to have a look. Met Raj Bains (he of Bald Gossip fame) there who has been an amazing help on this journey.

I emailed back and forth with the Doc and met him when he came to Australia recently. Then booked up and had my HT yesterday. In preliminary discussions we discussed having 3000 grafts from the back and 500 from beard. But the doc felt that 3000 was enough. On the day I had 2953 which was close enough. See the results and let me know what you think. I had about 2000 at the front, 153 on the side and 800 on the crown (roughly). Raj taught me to be very well informed so I kept pressing the doc on what I wanted. Density!!!

The whole experience was actually very easy (for me anyway). The hardest part was getting here - 30 hours!! To compare it I've had root canals and a bone graft for a tooth implant. They were way way more painful. This wasn't bad at all.

The doc was great, staff were great, they really look after you. I even got loads of tailoring done and they took me there - lots of pretty ladies is always a good idea. Chandigarh is nice too. Its amazing how many people come here for HT's. I chatted to loads. That's about it. Any questions let me know. Just picked up my 2 monster bags of medicines and have to be careful the next week not to bang my head. Let me know what you think of the pics.

For sports people the Doc has a book which gives lots of instructions when you can do stuff:

Weights - 1 week

Cardio in gym - 2 weeks

Swim - 3 weeks

Contact sport - 6 weeks

Hope that helps! Thanks to all of you for posting and your awesome help over the years.

5b32f5aea198b_BeforeHT.PNG.f370657a3466bc312cb19865c50c1d8e.PNG

5b32f5aed2f42_BeforeHT2.PNG.80df1953eaf9228aeac443c1dd18aeca.PNG

5b32f5af01e80_HTFront.PNG.656e207e0a24a65114e67bb27eadc6d9.PNG

5b32f5af273ed_HTTop.PNG.a7736c0e55b939ce1b28a686d587f855.PNG

Hi itxrd,

Thank you for sharing your HT journey so far. Thank you also for your kind words about Dr. Bhatti and our Clinic.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns. We are always happy to help.

Please do keep posting regular updates.

Regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

itxrd,

Thanks for sharing a detailed account of your experience and your before and surgical photos. I see you did what I decided to do after my 3rd and 4th surgery which was shave all your hair off. I did it to keep everything clean and let everything grow at the same length. Perhaps you did it for the same reason?

Dr. Bhatti is top notch so I look forward to watching your head of hair blossom over the next year :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi itxrd,

Congratulation on your hair transplant with Dr Bhatti. Raj Bains was actually there when I had my surgery back in October 2014, he had his the day after. A very knowledgeable helpful all round top guy, I'm sure he would have given you the best advice.

It'll be great to keep us all updated on your progress. Like California said, feel free to call on me too if you need anything.

Happy Fruitful Growing.

Hey guys. Thanks for the comments!

So the 1st 4 days were pretty good but I have to admit once I got back home the donor area did hurt for about another 4 days. I am a bit of a wimp admittedly but I took painkillers for 4 days - and I don't normally take them. Just want to be real with people. So anyway, 1st 4 days easy. Next 4 was in a bit of pain

Now once that was over I'm okay. Picture attached. The crusts just look like bad dandruff. They're coming off each day which is great. Went back to work today and no one noticed anything,

Last point I'd like to make. I read up and studied a lot about this. I've read a lot of posts where people go 'I trusted the doctor' and then they didn't get what they wanted. Please do your research. Dr Bhatti is as straight up as you'll get. Read the FAQs on his website. That's a goldmine of info there.

So far I'm pretty happy. Am taking the meds (fin and biotin for 6 months). Will update you guys monthly I reckon. Am wary all the hairs will come out next month but the informed fellas will know that's normal.

Thanks

5b32f5d100e07_2weekupdate.JPG.bb64eba80ebaa20b30bf60ec6f50459d.JPG

Edited by itxrd

• 4 months later...

Hey yes sorry was meaning to. I think it's getting there. Bear in mind the pic looks bad as it's in harsh light with a flash. In normal conditions I'd say my hair looks like it did a few years ago. It's definitely getting a bit better. This is 5 months on. Doc always said I'd see real story from march.

Let us know what you think anyway

20180122_174352.thumb.jpg.3bd7699885133ccadb1eefcaa8a48ed1.jpg

Hey yes sorry was meaning to. I think it's getting there. Bear in mind the pic looks bad as it's in harsh light with a flash. In normal conditions I'd say my hair looks like it did a few years ago. It's definitely getting a bit better. This is 5 months on. Doc always said I'd see real story from march.

Let us know what you think anyway

so u feel its an improvement from pre-op then? i means thats basically all we are looking for right? LOL

I'm looking for a big improvement to pre-op thats for sure! :)

Okay how do I explain how it feels 5 months in

After the HT for 3-4 months the implanted area of your head doesn't really feel like your own. Now after 4 months it starts to feel like its all acclimated (hope that makes sense) and from then I'd say I started to see growth. Nothing before

So now it feels thicker

I do NOT need to use toppik anymore

People who know I had the HT give me a thumbs up and say it looks good

But people who don't know haven't commented yet.

So its like its half way there - on track. I'm pretty happy and waiting. The Doc was clear this would be the case so I don't even think about it.

One point to note - the donor area hurt a fair bit for like 2 months. I hadn't heard/expected that but it does and I suppose if you think they're taking all those hairs out what do you expect.

Hello! i wonder how much did the procedure cost you?

Wish you best of luck anyway!

Hi Cyrilhan,

The pricing structure for Dr. Bhatti/Darling Buds India Clinic is published on our website. Cost is INR (India Rupees): 99 per graft, which translates to approximately $1.50 per graft.

Hair Transplant Cost in India, Affordable FUE Costs & Prices

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Best regards,

California

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Yup that's how much it was. Quite simple

I haggle for a lot of things but not for this. I actually was willing to pay a more - I just wanted a top job without hassles. But they have their structure which is transparent so all good.

5 month growth

Sorry upside down again

Hi itxrd,

I've corrected your photos for you.

For 5 months you are doing OK, you seem to know what to expect so you should see significant changes now month by month.

I feel you have the perfect chilled out no panic approach to handling your transplant, I wish all patients were that wayicon7.gif !

20180207_172556.thumb.jpg.ffe079003ab3b421d30bc040906bfc6b.jpg

20180207_172608.thumb.jpg.f94816fc2be9584bcc1300ea3e64915f.jpg

Thanks Shera. One guy (Raj UK) told me to educate myself as possible. That plus the Doc being very upfront when you ask the right questions meant I knew what to expect. He said nothing much till 6 months. Then 6-12 you'll see a fair bit - but it will never be like when you were a kid. Please anyone reading this and thinking about a HR read Dr Bhatti's FAQ's. There is so much info on there

As for me I feel a bit like Benjamin Button as for all these years I've been used to looking in the mirror and always having less hair. And now I look and every week I have a bit more hair. Its cool.

Fingers crossed and it doesn't all go tits up and they all fall out. But so far so good

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Denominator thanks for asking.

Well its been a little over 6 months now and I'd say its gone quite well. Not awesome but there has definitely been a big improvement. Its a lot thicker and a lot more hair but its still not the finished article. i suppose after 6 months maybe thats to be expected?

I did get in touch with the doc and he said the growth has been 'a bit slow' and to take the meds for another 3 months which is fine with me. As always in light it looks worse. When its not so bright it looks great so i took these in brightish light.

See pics. What do you think?

5b32fa47e7561_March6monthupdate.JPG.d61d685bffeb78fa56e9fb4513957e2f.JPG

5b32fa4806c9b_March6monthupdate-crown.JPG.7cfe88189e60629aeae4bdc4a9f2d617.JPG

Hey Denominator thanks for asking.

Well its been a little over 6 months now and I'd say its gone quite well. Not awesome but there has definitely been a big improvement. Its a lot thicker and a lot more hair but its still not the finished article. i suppose after 6 months maybe thats to be expected?

I did get in touch with the doc and he said the growth has been 'a bit slow' and to take the meds for another 3 months which is fine with me. As always in light it looks worse. When its not so bright it looks great so i took these in brightish light.

See pics. What do you think?

Hi itxrd,

Thank you for sharing your 6 month post-op update. To me, your HT progress seems to be as expected at this point of time. You have a few more months of growth and thickening to go. I am sure that it will only get better from here.

I am glad that you are in touch with Dr. Bhatti. We are always available to answer any questions and/or concerns that you might have.

Please do keep the updates coming.

Best regards,

California

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. See attached pics.

I think the front (what people see) is pretty good. From the top though there's still a couple of patches - mid left and crown. Maybe that's normal?

20180502_192214.thumb.jpg.5a2d44c1b7368541f35a0f3747ab5e37.jpg

20180420_090420.thumb.jpg.2f230adf8f97b20fd13bf1910bccd832.jpg