FUE 1818 Grafts Dr B Farjo

micknick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, thinking about reducing minox fom application to once a day. When I do it in the morning it leaves my hair quite dry and stringy compared to if I dont apply it.

Anyone had any experience of reducing and did it have any effects? Reading mixed stuff on the internet so thought I'd ask.

• 1 month later...

So 8 months on and Im still over the moon although I am experiencing some shedding which is bit worrying. After applying regaine foam I have noticed a fair few hairs in my hand after each time. Thinking it might be the next cycle?

I had my 6 month check up with dr Farjo and I did mention about one of the sides being a little thinner than the other, he said there was still time for it to come in but if it doesnt they woudl look at a free touch up. I thought this was great as there are no guarantees as we all know I was just happy they have said they can try and sort if it doesnt come through.

Anyway here are the images taken today and I have taken some of the gap.

Any feedback welcome.

IMG_3032_zpsqzk0nsex.jpg

IMG_3026%202_zpsz7iuhbgo.jpg

IMG_3028_zpsbuhsmizy.jpg

IMG_3030_zps8z2zbqlx.jpg

IMG_3031_zpsz0h7fgpj.jpg

An amazing transformation.

I've experienced sheds as well. I imagine it could be the minoxidil that's causing it, but the hair will generally come back stronger. The initial shed on minoxidil can be shocking :eek:

Give it another six months. There's probably more thickening to come.

Can't say better than a free top up. Fair play to Fargo for that offer. :cool:

• 1 month later...

So exactly 11 months post op. Im really happy, its getting thicker all the time and at this stage am due a trim as taking these photos has shown me its looking a bit messy!

IMG_3821_zpsrkbxsl1g.jpg

IMG_3809_zpsyqm1o8zj.jpg

IMG_3810_zpsyr7ehgyz.jpg

IMG_3811_zpsdiksr0x1.jpg

IMG_3813_zpsjtkthbce.jpg

Hair has gone a little lighter which I think is due to the sun we've been having but apart from that only positives.

Edited by micknick

Thanks for continuing to update your progress Mick. Looking really good from those pics and glad to hear you're happy with the progress. Those awkward work meetings last year during the 'ugly duckling' stage are just a distant memory now!

Edited by Pete-from-Farjo
  • Like 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

So a year on and here are the results:

IMG_4296_zpsggzsbskw.jpg

IMG_4277_zpsnjmss4sn.jpg

IMG_4275_zpsksjpygii.jpg

IMG_4274_zpsfxwpiepi.jpg

Im very pleased, when I look back at what I looked like its so much better. Its felt a long road at times and I still hope to have the touch up to finish it off. Im not sure if I will ever look at getting my crown looked at as my journey was not just cosmetic but also involved my scar and how it made me feel mentally.

If anyone is looking to have an op done I would suggest do your research and choose carefully, Dr Farjo and his team were incredible and I couldnt recommended them highly enough.

This is what it looked like on the day of the op, I look at this quite often as it reminds me how far its come.

DSC00834b%20new_zpsi0uwue6b.jpg

Looking really good micknick. So pleased that you've achieved the result you hoped for, and thanks for all your updates over the months.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I stand by my initial point I wrote here that imo you would have been better suited to a large megassession to obtain full crown and midscalp coverage along with the hairline work, but undeniably the result is very good. Obviously yielded very well and looks as natural as can be, huge cosmetic improvement over starting point.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 826 said:

It looks good. Can you post photos taken in brighter lighting conditions, like while standing outside in the sunlight, or standing beneath an artificial light in front of your bathroom vanity? 

This is probably the harshest light I could do it under:

f2cc8325-10d5-46c5-91bb-6be34384d5df-ori

3e05d8ff-9f75-47bc-b50e-f690f53d8313-ori

a5894e30-d676-4714-a8cc-29e752865fa3-ori
Edited by micknick

It looks great. Your frontal hairline looks completely natural in your photos and the hair coverage on top is thick. This was money well-spent, and your result encourages me to get my own FUE procedure in the next few years (my hair looks about as bad as yours does in the last photo you posted). 

• Like 1