FUE 1818 Grafts Dr B Farjo

micknick

So Im day 17 after the surgery and a bit freaked out. Here is a picture on the left is from Thursday (14 days Post surgery) where the hair was looking pretty thick and dark and the right is today where it looks pretty sparse and thin.

Comparison_zpstwsxnnfe.jpg

Im only 17 days post surgery so surely not the dreaded ugly duckling stage already?! It also looking alot redder- as shown in this image:

IMG_0088_zpsbq2zggzu.jpg

Should I be concerned?!

JeanLuc,

With all due respect, Unlike our doctor's ; I do not see on your profile any relevant qualifications to give advice without seeing the actual person concerned.

The internet has been fantastic to educate people on what’s available and an opportunity for them to share experiences. I assume this is how you gained all your insight’, rather than like us spent 25 years helping thousands of people with their hair loss.You also seem to have an extraordinary amount of time to spend on hair forums, including this and the others that you post on. Maybe you work for a hair clinic?

I do not believe you have seen MickNick or consulted him on this matter. Have you personally examined his hair type and characteristics which actually play a major part in helping decide whether FUE or FUT is a better choice?

At a consultation we discuss all aspects relating to present and future hair loss. Extraction technique as well as looking at the patients aspirations. You are not privy to these and therefore just because you think something should be a certain way does not make it right.

Please explain to me how you have concluded that we ‘disrespect our patients, and worse, allege that we put money first before the well-being of our patients. Please show me your evidence of this. If MickNick preferred FUE and the circumstances are right to do this, after looking at all the aspects in the flesh and not online, then this is fine to do. We recently did surgery on a Premiership footballer who was 27 years old and this only after he had been using hair medications for two years with us. Putting money first…I don’t think so.

Can you even begin to imagine the mental anguish that Mick has already been through in his life and how traumatic the idea of another scar would have been? Every patient has a particular set of needs, circumstance, ideas and expectations, and it’s our job to work with them to help achieve a sensible and reasonable result that suits THEM.I think your post is disrespectful to Mick because it takes a lot of courage to post and document a story, what right do you have to tell him he should have done it the way you say. FYI we actually charged him the same price for FUE as we would have done for FUT.

We are delighted you have had your hair transplant that you wanted and wish you the very best with the result.However, to describe our work as mediocre is disrespectful, dishonest and you will find it embarrassing to the very doctor who did your own hair transplant. It’s too easy hiding behind your computer screen dishing out insults at other doctors and making out you are an expert. You are I believe 23 years old, had surgery at the tender age of 21, where has all this first-hand experience come from. You need to understand we do not need to blitz the internet with tons of finished results or bad mouth others. We are a busy clinic with minimal marketing effort. We do not have a line-up of telephone and sales operators like some do, just a doctors’ practice.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

JeanLuc,

With all due respect, Unlike our doctor's ; I do not see on your profile any relevant qualifications to give advice without seeing the actual person concerned.

The internet has been fantastic to educate people on what’s available and an opportunity for them to share experiences. I assume this is how you gained all your insight’, rather than like us spent 25 years helping thousands of people with their hair loss.You also seem to have an extraordinary amount of time to spend on hair forums, including this and the others that you post on. Maybe you work for a hair clinic?

I do not believe you have seen MickNick or consulted him on this matter. Have you personally examined his hair type and characteristics which actually play a major part in helping decide whether FUE or FUT is a better choice?

At a consultation we discuss all aspects relating to present and future hair loss. Extraction technique as well as looking at the patients aspirations. You are not privy to these and therefore just because you think something should be a certain way does not make it right.

Please explain to me how you have concluded that we ‘disrespect our patients, and worse, allege that we put money first before the well-being of our patients. Please show me your evidence of this. If MickNick preferred FUE and the circumstances are right to do this, after looking at all the aspects in the flesh and not online, then this is fine to do. We recently did surgery on a Premiership footballer who was 27 years old and this only after he had been using hair medications for two years with us. Putting money first…I don’t think so.

Can you even begin to imagine the mental anguish that Mick has already been through in his life and how traumatic the idea of another scar would have been? Every patient has a particular set of needs, circumstance, ideas and expectations, and it’s our job to work with them to help achieve a sensible and reasonable result that suits THEM.I think your post is disrespectful to Mick because it takes a lot of courage to post and document a story, what right do you have to tell him he should have done it the way you say. FYI we actually charged him the same price for FUE as we would have done for FUT.

We are delighted you have had your hair transplant that you wanted and wish you the very best with the result.However, to describe our work as mediocre is disrespectful, dishonest and you will find it embarrassing to the very doctor who did your own hair transplant. It’s too easy hiding behind your computer screen dishing out insults at other doctors and making out you are an expert. You are I believe 23 years old, had surgery at the tender age of 21, where has all this first-hand experience come from. You need to understand we do not need to blitz the internet with tons of finished results or bad mouth others. We are a busy clinic with minimal marketing effort. We do not have a line-up of telephone and sales operators like some do, just a doctors’ practice.

Mick

All I can say to that is that I recommend everyone do a significant amount of research on their procedure type and as many doctors as possible worldwide when looking for a surgeon, and to avoid listening to the advice of any one specific clinic or source for getting information.

If they do that, it is obvious which conclusion they'd reach on the matters being raised here. To the implication that I am shilling, note the fact that I never mentioned any specific doctor who I thought would be a better choice for FUE. You are the one to imply that. Worse, you suggest I work for a clinic with zero evidence of that.

Also to suggest that one needs first hand experience with hair transplants to judge cosmetic improvement is absurd, and quite frankly you know full well that is disingenuous. One doesn't need to be able to kill a cow to judge their steak. Making a personal judgement based on thousands of FUE results I have seen on this forum and others is hardly dishonest, it's a little silly that you feel so threatened by that. Your paranoia isn't a good look, perhaps some people legitimately are unimpressed by Farjo's work amongst the wider surgeon community and it has nothing to do with shilling or competitors?

In saying that, I wish Micknick the best and suspect he will get a nice cosmetic improvement.

Edited by JeanLDD

So Im day 17 after the surgery and a bit freaked out. Here is a picture on the left is from Thursday (14 days Post surgery) where the hair was looking pretty thick and dark and the right is today where it looks pretty sparse and thin.

Comparison_zpstwsxnnfe.jpg

Im only 17 days post surgery so surely not the dreaded ugly duckling stage already?! It also looking alot redder- as shown in this image:

IMG_0088_zpsbq2zggzu.jpg

Should I be concerned?!

Don't panic, the shed has started, mine started after about ten days and it sucks, but is part of the process.. Those lovely grafts are going to be gone soon and you'll go through the long wait until regrowth starts, in about 3 months or so. Stick it out. Try some witch hazel and aloe vera gel on the redness. To be honest, it doesn't look too bad at all. You're going to spend the next few months constantly looking in the mirror...:D:D

Looking back, my hair looked far worse, just after the shed, than it did pre op.

Don't panic, the shed has started, mine started after about ten days and it sucks, but is part of the process.. Those lovely grafts are going to be gone soon and you'll go through the long wait until regrowth starts, in about 3 months or so. Stick it out. Try some witch hazel and aloe vera gel on the redness. To be honest, it doesn't look too bad at all. You're going to spend the next few months constantly looking in the mirror...:D:D

Looking back, my hair looked far worse, just after the shed, than it did pre op.

Thanks mate. Im well into it now- so much of it has fallen out :(

So day 23 after surgery and Im pretty much bald in recipient area. Have lost lots of hairs the same length which are obviously the grafts. Have a few longer one at the front which I think is my native hair.

I do however have a few very short hairs that are appearing where there wasnt hair before- could this be new growth already? I didnt think you would start to get any as yet?

FullSizeRender1_zpsap7fdxhv.jpg

The redness is quite bad and Im using aloe vera to help with that.

This stage sure sucks thats for sure.

The next few months are going to suck. You'll probably start seeing some growth (baby hairs) coming through around December, or possibly earlier.

You may have the odd graft that doesn't shed and will continue to grow, rare, but some don't shed.

The redness looks not bad at all. Time will fly by and you'll soon be getting growth. Just stick it out, as the shed and following months drag, you'll get the "that was a waste of money" gloom feeling. It's all part of it.....

Keep taking pics every month to monitor your progress.

I think you'll get a reasonable result. He seems to have bulked out the front and tapered the density to the rear. You'll definitely get a good cosmetic improvement, that will probably work well with some toppik fibres to build the density up.

The next few months are going to suck. You'll probably start seeing some growth (baby hairs) coming through around December, or possibly earlier.

You may have the odd graft that doesn't shed and will continue to grow, rare, but some don't shed.

The redness looks not bad at all. Time will fly by and you'll soon be getting growth. Just stick it out, as the shed and following months drag, you'll get the "that was a waste of money" gloom feeling. It's all part of it.....

Keep taking pics every month to monitor your progress.

I think you'll get a reasonable result. He seems to have bulked out the front and tapered the density to the rear. You'll definitely get a good cosmetic improvement, that will probably work well with some toppik fibres to build the density up.

Thanks dolph. Just a bit crappy when having meetings etc with work at the mo.

I'm sure all will be good in a few months.

You're self conscious, because you know you've had a procedure done. No one else notices. Trust me. I've had two people comment on my hair. The regrowth process is so slow, that if people are seeing you every day, it's not noticeable. If you're not coming out with it, just use the "pills and minoxidil" route, if anyone notices more hair....;):cool::D

My hair looked awful after my fue, but it's a temporary phase.

Ive seen a lot of people through work and Ive noticed people looking. Im actually getting less bothered about it. Still wear a hat when Im not in a work environment but maybe wont in the coming weeks.

Anyway day 26 post- my native hair is growing at the front and a bit unsure what to do with it. Wouldnt mind growing it all and having it brushed forward like I used to but know there will be some very awkward stages between now and then.

FullSizeRender_zps7dzs7hvq.jpg

Also getting like a weird stubble where there are short hairs coming through.

FullSizeRender_zpszhcxgwtr.jpg

So day 27 post surgery and more meetings today- up close and personal with my biggest client. Joy.

People think I've got something wrong with me as they've never seen my ear to ear scar before as always kept it long enough. Oh well- tits and teeth, just get through it.

Also- Biotin, I've been using it since the surgery and oh my god my nails grow so quickly. Used to cut them maybe once every ten days or so, now it's twice a week. Incredible- hopefully has the same effect on my hair!

• 2 weeks later...

The early weeks and months are tough Mick, there's no getting round it and I feel for you. I think you're right that it's best to keep it buzzed short for now, then in a month or so as the new hair starts to grow alongside your existing hair, you should see things really take shape.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...

FUT yields higher, it does less damage to the donor and it would have allowed for a larger procedure and better coverage. It also would have been cheaper. Again, FUE is not a scarless procedure,

FUE is more costly, does more damage to the donor,...

when i've seen pics of people post op their donor areas look completely normal after FUE without any noticeable scarring, even just 2-3wks after the procedure. how does it do more damage?

thx for this thread. i'm looking forward to your pics in the coming months. just checked out dolph's thread too. thank you as well

The topic is a contentious one. If we were to agree with the Strip surgery poster boys, the damage is not cosmetic but biological. The theory is that, as you harvest a graft by punching (especially in motorized punches) on it, the adjacent grafts get traumatised and may not be viable in the future.

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html